Is Kinnear leaving in the summer?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I imagine the contract will be with-drawn on health grounds.

This is what I see / hope too.  Maybe there was a contract, maybe there wasn't, surely it wouldn't be seen as the cuntiest move ever to withdraw it based on recent happenings. 

Would all depend on who they would get in to replace him, of course.  Which is why I think players coming in in January probably wouldn't be all that put off by the deception of a stable manager if it meant someone much better coming in.  And obviously the inverse is true as well.

I think he will be gone too. I think the contract story was in place for the transfer window and also to stop any speculation of the situation in the papers.

Gus Poyet will be a very big possibility in the summer.

Poyet confirmed he was approached after Keegan left, but he decided agaist it due to the turmoil at the club.

Wise absolutely loves the guy and they have proved to be a very succesful team already.

With things having calmed down so much since Keegan left, and also having had expectactions brought so low with Kinnear, not to mention Poyet is now completely available, with a whole summer to prepare I wouldn't be surprised to see him put in place then.

f*** that, rather have Joe.. on acid

I think he would do better.

Guest firetotheworks

I think he will be gone too. I think the contract story was in place for the transfer window and also to stop any speculation of the situation in the papers.

Poyet confirmed he was approached after Keegan left, but he decided agaist it due to the turmoil at the club.

Wise absolutely loves the guy and they have proved to be a very succesful team already.

With things having calmed down so much since Keegan left, and also having had expectactions brought so low with Kinnear, not to mention Poyet is now completely available, with a whole summer to prepare I wouldn't be surprised to see him put in place then.

Nothings calmed down, were merely in limbo about our future. If things had calmed down there wouldnt still be endless discussion on here and with other fans about whats going on at the moment.

f*** that, rather have Joe.. on acid

bluelaugh.gif

Don't think you'll be consulted.

Didier Deschamps or Dimatteo wouldn't surprise me either.

This is what I see / hope too.  Maybe there was a contract, maybe there wasn't, surely it wouldn't be seen as the cuntiest move ever to withdraw it based on recent happenings. 

Would all depend on who they would get in to replace him, of course.  Which is why I think players coming in in January probably wouldn't be all that put off by the deception of a stable manager if it meant someone much better coming in.  And obviously the inverse is true as well.

If they dont offer him a contract on medical grounds thats going to shaft him with any chances of another job.

Nothings calmed down, were merely in limbo about our future. If things had calmed down there wouldnt still be endless discussion on here and with other fans about whats going on at the moment.

Are you serious?

Have you forgotten what was going on just after Keegan left.

fuck that, rather have Joe.. on acid

Ashleeeeeeeee!!!!

Good as gone.

He's not good enough for the club, but the only man to step up right now. If Ashley wants to stay and make a go of it he's gone. But in the meantime we need to back him to the hilt and that's all the contract offer story is, just a smokescreen to attract players in the transfer window just gone (think of the timing), and to give those here someone to fight for and to be their manager without thinking he's gone or he's going at the end of the season.

We've all said we've got no stability; the club is trying to give us that.

This is fantasy imho, i would like to believe it but god no.  So the players that arrived in January they are going to be over the moon for the new employers to have lied to them.

Ashley when he took the club off the market he had time to appoint a manager before January.  He didn't.  There are no big benefits of lying to supporters, players, whole nation so you can attract Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor.

Love it how you made this thread as i wouldn't reply to you in the Q&A and now only reply to my comments.

Obsessed little man aren't you?  mackems.gif

It was brought up a few times on that thread not just that instance.  Many people seem to share your opinion, so what you complaining about.

The fact you call my opinion 'fantasy'  or 'Delusional'.

Just accept i have a view, it doesn't match yours and there's no point trying to get a rise out of me by being a tit about it.  :thup:

You have an opinion sure i don't get how you can be 99% sure of it or as 'good as certain' that is all.  Required some explaining to be honest.  I would like to believe it but don't buy into elaborate conspiracy theories.

I think i've got a solid opinion about this board, most of which cannot be proved until it happens. But like the summers fiasco, i called it months before happening. Again just a hunch from what i've seen, but think this is what is happening - no proof, no one has any either way, just opinions.

I respect others not having the same, it bothers me not, i have my own, some will agree, some won't, but i had all this bullshit aimed at me in the summer when i was telling people something was wrong, and that it wasn't smoke without a fire over Ashley/Wise/keegan and transfers, and got called worse than shit about it.

A Side issues but: I also believe when it comes to court, KK will come out looking like a dick - again it cannot be proved until it happens. KK is nowhere near as smart as he thinks, and these bastards legally are classes above him and do their business lacking emotion, KK cannot do that, impossible for him too, and when it all comes out, he'll not just lose financially, im worried for him how much face he loses from it as well. These statements back it up, they won't talk about it, they don't have to curry favour, they don't need too, KK either totally lost it fistycuffs stylee or he knew of the DOF appointment; it was written in his contract and hasn't a leg to stand on.

Back to JFK, i'm 99% cert he's gone, before his health problem around 70% this was the case, but even if its not, he's gone on these grounds and any potential contract (im am wrong) will be retracted by now.

My argument is he is staying, if the club was planning on shifting him in the summer they would of diplomatically issued a press release saying 'yes he has a contract until the end of the season, we are pleased with his effects and we will review the situation after the current campaign.' like any club will do.

I doubt any club would come out and release a statement saying the manager is lying which will undermine him.

I'm not sure what will happen but I wouldn't be surprised if him and the club have agreed to part at the end of the season but they will let Kinnear say it was his decision to walk away with his head held high.

Guest firetotheworks

Are you serious?

Funnily enough I could have asked the same thing. Its still happening. Nothings changed, were still in limbo without knowing who will be manager, who will be in charge, whether were likely to be sold, whats going to happen. If youre on about protests then fans still arent buying merchandise, renewals of season tickets is looking like going down, the NUSC are planning whatever boycott or march theyre going on,  and I can see more protests, chants and general disgust if Kinnear is with us throughout the summer and next season. Nothing has calmed down, its still a fucking mess.

My argument is he is staying, if the club was planning on shifting him in the summer they would of diplomatically issued a press release saying 'yes he has a contract until the end of the season, we are pleased with his effects and we will review the situation after the current campaign.' like any club will do.

I doubt any club would come out and release a statement saying the manager is lying which will undermine him.

I'm not sure what will happen but I wouldn't be surprised if him and the club have agreed to part at the end of the season but they will let Kinnear say it was his decision to walk away with his head held high.

While in the meantime having a manager who isn't just a temp helps the club start stabilizing.

Good as gone.

He's not good enough for the club, but the only man to step up right now. If Ashley wants to stay and make a go of it he's gone. But in the meantime we need to back him to the hilt and that's all the contract offer story is, just a smokescreen to attract players in the transfer window just gone (think of the timing), and to give those here someone to fight for and to be their manager without thinking he's gone or he's going at the end of the season.

We've all said we've got no stability; the club is trying to give us that.

This is fantasy imho, i would like to believe it but god no.  So the players that arrived in January they are going to be over the moon for the new employers to have lied to them.

Ashley when he took the club off the market he had time to appoint a manager before January.  He didn't.  There are no big benefits of lying to supporters, players, whole nation so you can attract Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor.

Love it how you made this thread as i wouldn't reply to you in the Q&A and now only reply to my comments.

Obsessed little man aren't you?  mackems.gif

It was brought up a few times on that thread not just that instance.  Many people seem to share your opinion, so what you complaining about.

The fact you call my opinion 'fantasy'  or 'Delusional'.

Just accept i have a view, it doesn't match yours and there's no point trying to get a rise out of me by being a tit about it.  :thup:

You have an opinion sure i don't get how you can be 99% sure of it or as 'good as certain' that is all.  Required some explaining to be honest.  I would like to believe it but don't buy into elaborate conspiracy theories.

I think i've got a solid opinion about this board, most of which cannot be proved until it happens. But like the summers fiasco, i called it months before happening. Again just a hunch from what i've seen, but think this is what is happening - no proof, no one has any either way, just opinions.

I respect others not having the same, it bothers me not, i have my own, some will agree, some won't, but i had all this bullshit aimed at me in the summer when i was telling people something was wrong, and that it wasn't smoke without a fire over Ashley/Wise/keegan and transfers, and got called worse than shit about it.

A Side issues but: I also believe when it comes to court, KK will come out looking like a dick - again it cannot be proved until it happens. KK is nowhere near as smart as he thinks, and these bastards legally are classes above him and do their business lacking emotion, KK cannot do that, impossible for him too, and when it all comes out, he'll not just lose financially, im worried for him how much face he loses from it as well. These statements back it up, they won't talk about it, they don't have to curry favour, they don't need too, KK either totally lost it fistycuffs stylee or he knew of the DOF appointment; it was written in his contract and hasn't a leg to stand on.

Back to JFK, i'm 99% cert he's gone, before his health problem around 70% this was the case, but even if its not, he's gone on these grounds and any potential contract (im am wrong) will be retracted by now.

Interesting to read Llambias comments regarding sacking Wise and bringing back Keegan, people have said so many times that it was a case of 'him or me' that it's become fact to some.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it all.

Are you serious?

Funnily enough I could have asked the same thing. Its still happening. Nothings changed, were still in limbo without knowing who will be manager, who will be in charge, whether were likely to be sold, whats going to happen. If youre on about protests then fans still arent buying merchandise, renewals of season tickets is looking like going down, the NUSC are planning whatever boycott or march theyre going on,  and I can see more protests, chants and general disgust if Kinnear is with us throughout the summer and next season. Nothing has calmed down, its still a f***ing mess.

The atmosphere is nowhere near as hostile right now and I think a lot more managers would be a lot more comfortable coming in at the start of the summer than they would have been back then. No doubt about it.

Im sure they would correct him, he is basically lying his ass off to whole of England if you believe we haven't  Do the club need more confusion and criticism of poor communication with fans?

I really don't think they would risk that.

This has came up many times in the Q&A thread.  So thought be a good idea to try and keep them separate.

Many people seem to believe he is going, when literally all the information being fed - is that he is here to stay.  They are all working well as a team.

For those who are saying it's a ploy and it won't happen BUT they wont shut him up.  As this would make him/players unhappy.  It's frankly ridiculous imo.  For example how would it look - Kinnear said he has been offerred a contract, saves us from relegation and then suddenly we are informing the press was no contract offer.  Whole of England would think we led the guy with false promises.  Players would be upset as they weren't kept in the loop.  Even a section of fans would think the club could handled it alot better.

:kinnear:

Right. Let me get this straight. You believe that JK is staying, because the club have apparently offered him a contract, but you don't believe the club about anything else that was answered in the Q&A?

I'm not convinced there's ever been a contract on offer.

The idea that Kinnear was going to be here more than a couple of months will have made the club look a little more stable during the transfer window (though the idea of Kinnear being here longer term may have put players off joining just as much).  First Kinnear comes out & says that he's not going to sign the contract until the summer, then he's suddenly taken ill with high blood pressure.

He's got the perfect excuse now for turning round at the end of the season & saying I'd like to continue, but my health won't allow it.  He gets a job as chief scout or communications officer or similar for the club and gets to bow out with a little grace, the club get to appoint a real manager.

At least, that's the way I hope it occurs.

I'm not convinced there's ever been a contract on offer.

The idea that Kinnear was going to be here more than a couple of months will have made the club look a little more stable during the transfer window (though the idea of Kinnear being here longer term may have put players off joining just as much).  First Kinnear comes out & says that he's not going to sign the contract until the summer, then he's suddenly taken ill with high blood pressure.

He's got the perfect excuse now for turning round at the end of the season & saying I'd like to continue, but my health won't allow it.  He gets a job as chief scout or communications officer or similar for the club and gets to bow out with a little grace, the club get to appoint a real manager.

At least, that's the way I hope it occurs.

It makes sense.

How can we stabilise the club at minimal cost and upheaval? Joe, go along with this will you.

He's been their mouthpiece over everything else, why stop on this? He's doing what he's told, surely that was everyone's opinion anyway? This is just another part to play from the board.

If they dont offer him a contract on medical grounds thats going to shaft him with any chances of another job.

Not necessarily.  Assuming he does a decent job, keeps us up and all that, I would imagine there's a lot of clubs with less pressure than Newcastle United at which he could

find employment.

Or maybe nut, but maybe that's for the best.  Don't think he can carry on the way he does forever as it stands anyway. 

He takes us down and loses the job or he keeps us up and gets a new contract, dear me is that really all they have in mind?

Surley they are looking at a new manager, well two options a new man to come in if we stay up or another manager that is willing to take on a Championship club.

Interesting to read Llambias comments regarding sacking Wise and bringing back Keegan, people have said so many times that it was a case of 'him or me' that it's become fact to some.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it all.

I'm not convinced we'll ever find out about it properly. It's in nobody's interest really.

This has came up many times in the Q&A thread.  So thought be a good idea to try and keep them separate.

Many people seem to believe he is going, when literally all the information being fed - is that he is here to stay.  They are all working well as a team.

For those who are saying it's a ploy and it won't happen BUT they wont shut him up.  As this would make him/players unhappy.  It's frankly ridiculous imo.  For example how would it look - Kinnear said he has been offerred a contract, saves us from relegation and then suddenly we are informing the press was no contract offer.  Whole of England would think we led the guy with false promises.  Players would be upset as they weren't kept in the loop.  Even a section of fans would think the club could handled it alot better.

Right. Let me get this straight. You believe that JK is staying, because the club have apparently offered him a contract, but you don't believe the club about anything else that was answered in the Q&A?

The only problem i had with the Q&A was the 'challenge everything in 5 years' - which lets be honest is quite a statement.  When someone says they have been offered and doesn't get denied by people in charge.  You can't really argue against it - as that is exactly what has happenned.  There much be some substance to it.

The only problem i had with the Q&A was the 'challenge everything in 5 years' - which lets be honest is quite a statement.  When someone says they have been offered and doesn't get denied by people in charge.  You can't really argue against it - as that is exactly what has happenned.  There much be some substance to it.

I dunno mate. We'll have to agree to disagree. I personally think the case could be similar to what Ikri posted a few posts up

Llambias made it clear that if it was ever a case of Wise or the manager, Wise would win every time. Then he went on to say 'Wise and Joe works quite well'. There is also a three-and-half year contract sat on Kinnear's table waiting to be signed.

He's not going anywhere, that much is clear to me.