Spain vs England

Dave

England have looked clueless for most of this game.  Almost looked like an Allardyce game-plan, away from home look for the 0-0 draw hope to grab a goal from a set piece. 

Once Spain scored their 1st the whole team ran out of ideas, the 2nd half game plan becomes get Beckham on to cross the ball to that tall lad.

Also, ITV has to have the worst commentary of any TV station. It's woeful, like white noise in the background.

Xavi was the standout player at the Euros for me. Only really watch the prem when it comes to club football, but he's got to be up there with the very best in the world, if not at the top of the pile. Senna and Iniesta are both fantastic too.

I hate centre halves who just clatter into the back of ofrwards and give the cheapest of freekickd away around the box.

It's just such needless foolishness.

Piss poor play by Upson.

:sadnod:

I said that that as he conceded it... absolutely pointless free kick to give away.

English media who think Fabregas should play ahead of players who play week in week out for Barca, dont rate Villa, when he is just as good if not better than Torres. England were tottally our classed by a far superior team, and style of play.

We missed Gerrard and Rooney tonight. The only players to enhance their reputation were Heskey and SWP. They were the only players who Spain found at all difficult to handle.

Agbonlohor looked out of his depth. John Terry nowhere near as commanding for England as he is for Chelsea.

As an aside, the AC Milan fitness regime must be top notch. Beckham looked half a stone lighter.

English media who think Fabregas should play ahead of players who play week in week out for Barca, dont rate Villa, when he is just as good if not better than Torres. England were tottally our classed by a far superior team, and style of play.

The best out and out striker in the world is David Villa.

He has everything: clnical finishing, good pace, great skills, intelligence, technique, selfnessness, flair, fantastic vision, passing, strength, good shooting and for a small guy he can header, plus he can take brilliant set pieces. Very under-rated imo as he's been consistently scoring tons of goals for the last 5 seasons, there is only one better player in the world and that is Messi.

I select Ashley Cole as our best player..Barry just behind him ...the rest dogshit.Becks did more than enough 2nd half to start next game.Crouch,C. Cole,James,Jagielka,Lampard and Downing...can you not become foreign overnight.

Cole is pretty harsh, he did well when he came on.

Ashley Cole was awful, that cross he looped out for a throw in instead of passing it.

Barry, did he even play?

This is actually the only way a friendly can be useful.  Instead of pissing around against Jamaica or T&T, play the best team in the world away, get beat and then realize that a good start to the World Cup qualifying campaign does not make a good team.  Still a long way to go for Capello. 

I select Ashley Cole as our best player..Barry just behind him ...the rest dogshit.Becks did more than enough 2nd half to start next game.Crouch,C. Cole,James,Jagielka,Lampard and Downing...can you not become foreign overnight.

Cole is pretty harsh, he did well when he came on.

Ashley Cole was awful, that cross he looped out for a throw in instead of passing it.

Barry, did he even play?

All Cant Control did was fuck up a 1 on 1 as far as i could see.

Guest quklaani

I don't like to miss an oppurtunity to point out how John Terry isn't actually very good, so, y'know...

John Terry isn't actually very good.  The fact that he's clearly the best option to partner Rio is rather damning of the state of England's centre backs, and when Rio is out he's hopeless.  Not sure what the alternative is.  Brummie, you watch him all the time, how good could Davies be?