BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

Just been out with a crowd of Wolves , Blues and Villa fans tonight . Had a serious discusion with them and not one of them thought that Ashley had the slightest interest in the future of NUFC.

I really hope im wrong about this but most outsiders can see that he dont give a flying f*** about our club

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

It has been a case of the press and TV deciding what the popular story would be and then sticking with it.

There has been no balance in the reporting, so it's no surprise that's what most people's think after watching TV and reading newspapers. Local TV reporting has been just as prejudiced.

I have spoken to people outside the NE who also assume that we're all part of a baying mob looking for Ashley's head and cockney blood. When I tell them that many supporters are not of that opinion at all and have a very different view on Ashley's involvement and Keegan's part in the club's turmoil they are quite surprised.

I'm not surprised, as you gave a false impression. Do they really think the "majority" of fans are behind a bloke who is going to relegate the club ? Are they the same people who booed the regime who gave us regular european football at Alan Shearers testimonial in front of a worldwise audience. The embarrassing thing is some of us are associated with by virtue of "supporting" the same clubs as these mongs. No wonder they "laugh at us".

I'm not really sure what you mean or what you're saying.

I think you're a decent bloke and undoubtedly a passionate Newcastle fan, but like some other NUSC supporters I think that your anti-Ashley obsession has become so irrational that you will be disappointed if we DON'T get relegated - as you think that will vindicate your opinion.

That is really sad.

now mate. NOBODY, NOBODY who supports the football club wants them to get relegated. Do you seriously think that having paid up front for 3 seasons I want to see the club get relegated again ?

THAT is very, very sad indeed, from someone as old as yourself who has seen this club through some really s*** times and don't want them back again, and no the club isn't that bad - yet.

I see you are now labelling anybody who wants Ashley out as "obsessed"............

Can I ask, and it's a serious question which you may have answered in some other post, I don't know i don't read all your posts, but will you continue to go if we do get relegated ?

I don't think that was directed at me ?? but yes I will always go. Always have always will. A fair amount of my supporting life has been in the second division.

Anyone who watched us in the regular promotion and relegation days will probably agree that support and feelings for your team are no different whatever level you play at.

Maybe theres a new generation of fan who are more into "The Premiership" than Newcastle United and they will stop going, thats why when accolades are handed to "great supporters" it's those in the lower leagues we should be praising.

I hope we're never there again but this season could be a nail biter. I support the black and white shirt but definitely PREFER doing it at the highest level.

NUSC should not make the mistake of believing it can speak on my behalf; whilst distraught at the way the club has been run by Ashley I have to say that if it is not marketable at the moment then that is a fact; what is required is a modus vivendi between all fans and Ashley and, by implication, with the management system and those appointed. Some fans have already arrived at this point, some (like me) are wondering how we can arrive there and others (like a lot of NUSC members) don't seem to consider the journey is worth making.

I do not think Ashley is better than Shepherd is better than Ashley is an argument worth debating; what is worth debating is how stakeholders (us) can inform Ashley what a terrible mess he made of the club so that he doesn't make the same awful mistakes again. The position is not irretrievable and if NUSC want to inform Ashley's decision making then the mantra about selling must go and the journey must start.

I'm not going to take part in the rally because my view is only partially represented by NUSC; I'm not going to boycott it as such because I'm not against it, it simply doesn't involve me.

Guest fading star

NUSC should not make the mistake of believing it can speak on my behalf; whilst distraught at the way the club has been run by Ashley I have to say that if it is not marketable at the moment then that is a fact; what is required is a modus vivendi between all fans and Ashley and, by implication, with the management system and those appointed. Some fans have already arrived at this point, some (like me) are wondering how we can arrive there and others (like a lot of NUSC members) don't seem to consider the journey is worth making.

It doesn’t. NUSC represents itself. However as the only recognised NUFC supporters group it’s inevitable the media will canvas it’s views.

I just want to clarify a few things.

There IS definitely a Rally at the Mounment on sunday starting at around 2.30pm.

Unfortunately the website is having an overhaul at the minute. But there will be further publicity in the next few days.

There is NO march to the ground organised by NUSC.

It is NOT an 'Ashley Out!' rally. It is focussing on the need for Change. For the club to be run properly and for those in ownership and the running of the club to respect the club, it's place in the community, the fans, city and players.

It has been organised before the game so that people can then go to the game and support the team 100%. For the same reason this is why we opted for a protest away from the ground.

NUSC has always been 100% behind the team out on the pitch, and part of the rally on Sunday will reflect this.

On NUSC itself.

We always quite happy to listen to people's questions and concerns about us, and have held open meetings so that people can do exactly that.

We appreciate that not everyone has been able to attend, but we are now in the process of arranging outreach meetings where a few of us will actually go out and meet people across the region. Possible outreach meetings in the near future may well be taking place in Prudhoe, Blakelaw, Heaton, Forest Hall and Monkseaton. This is out of dialogue with both NUSC members and people interested in hearing what we have to say (some of whom are sceptical). If you feel you could get enough interest near you, by all means contact us via the e-mail address on our website and we'll get in touch (or at least those who looking at the outreach meetings will) and try an organise something. So we are trying to give people the chance to communicate with us.

You can contact us by e-mail to ask stuff as well - again in the same way.

If you really want, you can PM me. I may not know the answer, and it might mean going off and having to speak with someone else on the committee who might have better info on certain subjects, but I will find out and get back to you, even if it's just to say I/we don't know.

Guest toonlass

There IS definitely a Rally at the Mounment on sunday starting at around 2.30pm.

Unfortunately the website is having an overhaul at the minute. But there will be further publicity in the next few days.

It is NOT an 'Ashley Out!' rally. It is focussing on the need for Change. For the club to be run properly and for those in ownership and the running of the club to respect the club, it's place in the community, the fans, city and players.

It has been organised before the game so that people can then go to the game and support the team 100%. For the same reason this is why we opted for a protest away from the ground.

NUSC has always been 100% behind the team out on the pitch, and part of the rally on Sunday will reflect this.

On NUSC itself.

We always quite happy to listen to people's questions and concerns about us, and have held open meetings so that people can do exactly that.

We appreciate that not everyone has been able to attend, but we are now in the process of arranging outreach meetings where a few of us will actually go out and meet people across the region. Possible outreach meetings in the near future may well be taking place in Prudhoe, Blakelaw, Heaton, Forest Hall and Monkseaton. This is out of dialogue with both NUSC members and people interested in hearing what we have to say (some of whom are sceptical). If you feel you could get enough interest near you, by all means contact us via the e-mail address on our website and we'll get in touch (or at least those who looking at the outreach meetings will) and try an organise something. So we are trying to give people the chance to communicate with us.

If you really want, you can PM me. I may not know the answer, and it might mean going off and having to speak with someone else on the committee who might have better info on certain subjects, but I will find out and get back to you, even if it's just to say I/we don't know.

Away from the website, why has someone from NUSC not spoken about what the rally is for? How do you see these changes being implemented? Do you expect the Newcastle United hierarchy to speak to NUSC when NUSC have been so damning about them since the word go? What if people like myself will not boycott the club's merchandise or season tickets as we see it as a stupid practice which is ultimately damaging to the future of the club, by diverting funds that could go towards progressing the team into the more day to day running of the club? What incentive is there for people like us, who ultimately can see that Ashley is the wrong man for the club, but don't agree with the "boycott" mentality, to join NUSC? Why have this rally now, when it would be more sensible to concentrate on supporting the team, and have this rally once the season is over? What do you think will change between now and the end of the season because of this rally?

On NUSC itself.

Good stuff Tom.  :thup:

Just been out with a crowd of Wolves , Blues and Villa fans tonight . Had a serious discusion with them and not one of them thought that Ashley had the slightest interest in the future of NUFC.

I really hope im wrong about this but most outsiders can see that he dont give a flying f*** about our club

It has been a case of the press and TV deciding what the popular story would be and then sticking with it.

There has been no balance in the reporting, so it's no surprise that's what most people's think after watching TV and reading newspapers. Local TV reporting has been just as prejudiced.

I have spoken to people outside the NE who also assume that we're all part of a baying mob looking for Ashley's head and cockney blood. When I tell them that many supporters are not of that opinion at all and have a very different view on Ashley's involvement and Keegan's part in the club's turmoil they are quite surprised.

I'm not surprised, as you gave a false impression. Do they really think the "majority" of fans are behind a bloke who is going to relegate the club ? Are they the same people who booed the regime who gave us regular european football at Alan Shearers testimonial in front of a worldwise audience. The embarrassing thing is some of us are associated with by virtue of "supporting" the same clubs as these mongs. No wonder they "laugh at us".

I think you're a decent bloke and undoubtedly a passionate Newcastle fan, but like some other NUSC supporters I think that your anti-Ashley obsession has become so irrational that you will be disappointed if we DON'T get relegated - as you think that will vindicate your opinion.

That is really sad.

now mate. NOBODY, NOBODY who supports the football club wants them to get relegated. Do you seriously think that having paid up front for 3 seasons I want to see the club get relegated again ?

THAT is very, very sad indeed, from someone as old as yourself who has seen this club through some really s*** times and don't want them back again, and no the club isn't that bad - yet.

I see you are now labelling anybody who wants Ashley out as "obsessed"............

Can I ask, and it's a serious question which you may have answered in some other post, I don't know i don't read all your posts, but will you continue to go if we do get relegated ?

you haven't been on here for a while have you ? The current situation is  not as bad as they years before the Halls and Shepherd - yet, and I was one of the 15-20,000 then so I'm not giving up now.

Pretty much a no brainer sort of question that one, but I'm prepared to bet that a few others who blindly support Ashley and slated the Halls and Shepherd will give up when true mediocrity that they didn't know the like of, hits them

I joined NUSC and have attended a couple of the meetings.  I became a member because I believe there should be a supporters club (have never understood why one has not existed for so many years) and from what I hear at the meetings, the committee are trying to establish such a club but it will take time to evolve and Rome wasn't built in a day.  Yes there have been mistakes made when emotions were running high but a lot of people are working very hard and giving up their own time to try and establish this organisation.  They have been talking about Supporters Trust status and are seeking advice from the official bodies for supporters clubs - they are trying to do this in the correct way.

The message I get from the meetings is striving for change and an acceptance that although they would prefer Ashley to sell up, that that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.  There are disparate views and all are heard and they say they will represent the consensus.  They are not trying to damage the club and just care passionately about its current state and its future and want the hierarchy to engage with the supporters - to understand how important the club is to the supporters and to the city.  When Ashley surrounds himself with all his mates who just pop up and down to Newcastle on occasion, how are they really going to get a feel of the despondency and apathy felt by so many and the real sense of worry for the future if changes are not made.

I am just incredulous that people are so negative and especially hostile towards the organisation and the reasons for it totally contradict the impressions I gained from attending the meetings. 

Tom and Peasepud often seem to have to defend NUSC on this board and I think their postings reflect my understanding from the meetings. 

(And for Llambias to say what he did about NUSC in the interview last week was incredibly small-minded and reflected badly on him as the MD of the club.  Ashley and co. may wish to ignore the supporters but they need to start paying attention rather than continuing to alienate the supporters with crass comments such as those in the paper today).

I just wish people would go along and voice their opinions rather than slagging NUSC off with their pre-conceived ideas about the groups intentions.  It's an evolving group - if you don't like their views, get along and help get them changed.

Surely it's one or the other? 

Please stop protesting, I really want NUSC to work.  As long as you're protesting, NUFC won't have nearly anything to do with you and of that I almost positive.

Guest VegasToon

NUSC needs to take a step back and set up better communication with the fans (just like Ashley.)

Having an occasional meeting and charging for it is not the way to move forward.  The meetings need to be free.  They need to have a better website.  They also need to have a member forum setup.   

Having a rally / protest / march right now is not going to win many people's support and it is not the time.  We need to focus completely on supporting the team and not give the press anything to broadcast or write about. 

Guest VegasToon

Dear Newcastle United Supporters Club,

Much has happen in the aftermath of protests at the football club’s game against Hull City earlier this season. There is no purpose in repeating the issues that lead to those protests, many of the issues about which fans felt so angry are still very much alive.

Our clear aim, supported by members at our board meetings, has been to strive for positive change at Newcastle United.  We were when we were founded, and remain, the only owner of Newcastle united. We seek to have our voices heard.

We are not “rabble rousers”, we are not “trouble-makers”. We are long standing, long suffering, supporters of football and currently Newcastle United. We want a positive future for our team, and the football club. Currently the future is uncertain and our survival as a Premiership team is in doubt.

Currently a wall of silence surrounds NUSC. Tit-bits of information, many of them shown to be inaccurate, incomplete or just plain wrong, have made their way into the local, national media and internet forums. The fans of Newcastle United deserve better than that.

We are grown up people, we can understand commercial realities, and the truth about the football club’s position and our efforts to sell the club might be painful, but they are not beyond our understanding. 

We firmly believe that dialogue between the club and the fans is essential, in good times and in bad. It would help the club, and might help you, if you were to talk to us. We are ready, willing and able to meet you. What have you got to lose?

Mike Ashley

Guest Darth Toon

Dear Newcastle United Supporters Club,

Much has happen in the aftermath of protests at the football club’s game against Hull City earlier this season. There is no purpose in repeating the issues that lead to those protests, many of the issues about which fans felt so angry are still very much alive.

Our clear aim, supported by members at our board meetings, has been to strive for positive change at Newcastle United.  We were when we were founded, and remain, the only owner of Newcastle united. We seek to have our voices heard.

We are not “rabble rousers”, we are not “trouble-makers”. We are long standing, long suffering, supporters of football and currently Newcastle United. We want a positive future for our team, and the football club. Currently the future is uncertain and our survival as a Premiership team is in doubt.

Currently a wall of silence surrounds NUSC. Tit-bits of information, many of them shown to be inaccurate, incomplete or just plain wrong, have made their way into the local, national media and internet forums. The fans of Newcastle United deserve better than that.

We are grown up people, we can understand commercial realities, and the truth about the football club’s position and our efforts to sell the club might be painful, but they are not beyond our understanding. 

We firmly believe that dialogue between the club and the fans is essential, in good times and in bad. It would help the club, and might help you, if you were to talk to us. We are ready, willing and able to meet you. What have you got to lose?

Mike Ashley

VegasToon is Mike Ashley! Fecking typical that he's over in Vegas, no doubt pissing our season ticket money away on the craps tables!

Just wait until the NUSC hear of this!  :tickedoff:

That is really sad.

you haven't been on here for a while have you ? The current situation is  not as bad as they years before the Halls and Shepherd - yet, and I was one of the 15-20,000 then so I'm not giving up now.

Pretty much a no brainer sort of question that one, but I'm prepared to bet that a few others who blindly support Ashley and slated the Halls and Shepherd will give up when true mediocrity that they didn't know the like of, hits them

So yes you will go. Thank you that's all I wanted to know. And I've been on here most days, just don't always post or read every post.

On NUSC itself.

Thanks for that, NUSC could do with some sort of spokesperson who does stuff like this.

Seen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7904698.stm

Hundreds of football fans packed Newcastle city centre for a protest rally against the club's owners.

Fans signed a petition demanding changes at the top, and called on sports tycoon Mike Ashley to appoint new directors.

Police stood by at the demonstration at Grey's Monument.

Members of the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) staged the rally before the team's Premiership clash with Everton on Sunday.

They urged fans to strike a balance between making their grievances heard and supporting the team.

NUSC chairman Malcolm Shiels said: "We have got to try and get the balance right between supporting the team that we love and still letting the management know we are not happy with what they are doing.

"The mood is not good; it is one of deep mistrust; being taken for granted, and being kept in the dark."

Seen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7904698.stm

Hundreds of football fans packed Newcastle city centre for a protest rally against the club's owners.

Fans signed a petition demanding changes at the top, and called on sports tycoon Mike Ashley to appoint new directors.

Police stood by at the demonstration at Grey's Monument.

Members of the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) staged the rally before the team's Premiership clash with Everton on Sunday.

They urged fans to strike a balance between making their grievances heard and supporting the team.

NUSC chairman Malcolm Shiels said: "We have got to try and get the balance right between supporting the team that we love and still letting the management know we are not happy with what they are doing.

"The mood is not good; it is one of deep mistrust; being taken for granted, and being kept in the dark."

Fair play, nowt wrong with that, it's up to Ashley to win these people round now.