Agent Provocateurs on This Forum?

macphisto

After reading a lot of the posts on here I was just wondering if I’m the only person to think that there’s possibly a few agent provocateurs acting on behalf of the club posting messages?

I really am bamboozled by the amount of people who are so willing to:

Support Ashley or give him the benefit of the doubt

Negativity towards the last board (I was far from their biggest fan but compared the current set up they are not so bad!)

Bad mouthing NUSC

I’m not going to get into the individual arguments of why I find so many people holding the above views bizarre as that has been done to death. I’m just more interested in knowing if I’m the only one who thinks that the views expressed on this forum are very out of sync with their own opinions or people they know?

Of course there’s always going to be two sides to every argument but a few years back I could always empathise with other people’s views on this forum even when I didn’t agree with them, the debate just seemed a lot more informed!

If some of the posters on here are not working for the club, I can only presume that they get a kick out of trying to be clever and arguing against what I see as the consensus in the street.

May be I’m wrong and I’m the person out of sync with the majority, who knows? I just find a lot of the views on this board very depressing!

I agree - this also happens on response boards  to articles in newspapers, where clearly some of the contributors are Government trolls etc.

The Board will NOT want fans dropping Season Tickets because they become disillusioned after reading others' views on boards like this and the fact that they have been so uncommunicative until this week indicates that they are getting worried about the general unrest, so yes, there WILL be people who post trying to ridicule those opposed to the Board's policies(I use the term loosely..!!).

A bit disgusted by the outright pisstaking against Mapchisto - a very informed albeit frequent appearing poster.

It is a very fair post. No need for silly mocking even if you have different viewpoints.

For the record

I support Ashley or give him the benefit of the doubt

I am extremely negative towards the last board

I cannot understand why so many people are bad mouthing NUSC. A suppporter club setup and run by genuine supporters - surely this is a good sign and an encouraging step towards more fan power ? Again, NUSC may hold different views from me, I am pro Ashley, I think our future under Ashley is rosy and great. But at least NUSC actually do something and actually try to achieve something.

A bit disgusted by the outright pisstaking against Mapchisto - a very informed albeit frequent appearing poster.

It is a very fair post. No need for silly mocking even if you have different viewpoints.

For the record

I support Ashley or give him the benefit of the doubt

I am extremely negative towards the last board

I cannot understand why so many people are bad mouthing NUSC. A suppporter club setup and run by genuine supporters - surely this is a good sign and an encouraging step towards more fan power ? Again, NUSC may hold different views from me, I am pro Ashley, I think our future under Ashley is rosy and great. But at least NUSC actually do something and actually try to achieve something.

:lol:

have you actually read the OP and the part where he accuses anyone who isn't anti-Ashley of working for the club and deliberately trying to undermine the NUSC :lol:

It's somewhat telling that the NUSC (or people in favour of them) genuinely believe that the club are concerned about them, as Llambias said "they think they're more important than they are"

:lol:

After reading a lot of the posts on here I was just wondering if I’m the only person to think that there’s possibly a few agent provocateurs acting on behalf of the club posting messages?

Negativity towards the last board (I was far from their biggest fan but compared the current set up they are not so bad!)

Bad mouthing NUSC

I’m not going to get into the individual arguments of why I find so many people holding the above views bizarre as that has been done to death. I’m just more interested in knowing if I’m the only one who thinks that the views expressed on this forum are very out of sync with their own opinions or people they know?

Of course there’s always going to be two sides to every argument but a few years back I could always empathise with other people’s views on this forum even when I didn’t agree with them, the debate just seemed a lot more informed!

If some of the posters on here are not working for the club, I can only presume that they get a kick out of trying to be clever and arguing against what I see as the consensus in the street.

May be I’m wrong and I’m the person out of sync with the majority, who knows? I just find a lot of the views on this board very depressing!

The only reason I support Ashley is, if he succeeds then the club will succeed and that's all I want.

Wow. Just wow.

I'll give you the respect Dilema demands (!) and ask a few pointed questions:

Do you have any theories as to the identity of these Agents Provocateurs? For instance, the (currently) 12-page "BOYCOTT the protest rally" thread, where the vast majority of posters condemn the planned demonstration by NUSC, is this full of St James' Park moles? Because there is an awful lot of condemnation there...

Where you a member of this board before Mike Ashley's involvement; in other words, are you aware of the tremendous hostility (not merely the "negativity" you decry here) towards Freddy Shepherd?* (NOTE: This is NOT a comment on whether such hostility is justified)

Are you genuinely "bamboozled by the amount of people who are so willing to... give him the benefit of the doubt"? That is to say are you so inflexible, bereft of hope and faith that you will not allow your fellow (black and white clad) man to believe?

Trust me, we are all finding the board very depressing - results have been poor, personell issues are still far from resolved, and the forum is populated by fanatically passionate people. Not to mention most of our information is based of tabloid bullshit and Chinese ITK whispers...

Wow.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Bad mouthing NUSC

Very good post, and judging by the over the top rection by some posters it seems you have hit a nerve.

If they look like this...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2018/1872619829_05e0dedf06.jpg

...who cares?

Has anyone seen the Kylie Ad from 2002 on Youtube for Agent Provocateur....!!???

Even at MY advancing years, that gets the juices flowing.....!

It would be easy to find out who these "moles" are or by generating a list of  posters "pre-Ashley" and "Post Ashley". Any of the "post Ashley" posters should be instantly rounded up, put in a field and "Bummed to Death" (this hailed in a Kenny Everett manner).

This would instantly rid us of any doubt whatsoever as to moles or agents roaming this site and changing our opinion subversively!!

P.S. I am "Pre -Ashley" (don't fancy getting bummed TBH)

P.P.S. I agree that there will most probably be some influence from SJP on this board but not a huge influence either.

After reading a lot of the posts on here I was just wondering if I?m the only person to think that there?s possibly a few agent provocateurs acting on behalf of the club posting messages?

Bad mouthing NUSC

I?m not going to get into the individual arguments of why I find so many people holding the above views bizarre as that has been done to death. I?m just more interested in knowing if I?m the only one who thinks that the views expressed on this forum are very out of sync with their own opinions or people they know?

Of course there?s always going to be two sides to every argument but a few years back I could always empathise with other people?s views on this forum even when I didn?t agree with them, the debate just seemed a lot more informed!

May be I?m wrong and I?m the person out of sync with the majority, who knows? I just find a lot of the views on this board very depressing!

Very good post, and judging by the over the top rection by some posters it seems you have hit a nerve.

Yeah, the bored with utter morons nerve.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

I dont post much on here but the forums I do post on generally consider this place a collection of the biggest knackers on the planet, outside a Tottenham forum.

Guest toonlass

I dont post much on here but the forums I do post on generally consider this place a collection of the biggest knackers on the planet, outside a Tottenham forum.

Imo you post on here far to much...