Darlington FC

Neil

There was talk a few years back about them going back to Feethams as it was still in good nick. Is this still the case or did it eventually get flattened?

Reynolds Wikipedia page lists his latest activity after release from the nick as selling perfume in pubs!!!

There was talk a few years back about them going back to Feethams as it was still in good nick. Is this still the case or did it eventually get flattened?

Reynolds Wikipedia page lists his latest activity after release from the nick as selling perfume in pubs!!!

It got set on fire and then got knocked down a few year back

It must be bad for those who do turn up at Darlo games. One minute they're watching a side challenge for promotion, the next they're practically out of the race because they've been docked points. It's ironic that some casual fans may think, why bother turning up to watch a mid table side, with nothing to play for? This results in them getting even less cash through the turnstiles.

Much as I fucking hate Darlo, even that mob didn't deserve that despicable cunt Reynolds at the helm. I imagine they'll get through this situation ok though, hope they do if only for the sanity of my mates who go home and away.

Much as I f***ing hate Darlo, even that mob didn't deserve that despicable c*** Reynolds at the helm. I imagine they'll get through this situation ok though, hope they do if only for the sanity of my mates who go home and away.

Why do you hate them out of interest?

Much as I f***ing hate Darlo, even that mob didn't deserve that despicable c*** Reynolds at the helm. I imagine they'll get through this situation ok though, hope they do if only for the sanity of my mates who go home and away.

erest?

He's a Poolie?

erest?

He's a Poolie?

That would most likely explain it.

http://www.thisishartlepool.co.uk/uploads/1/hartlepoolunited.gif

Guest Stephen927

Heard on Century that its the 2nd time in 6 years they've went into administration.

Difficult time for them to try and find a buyer in this climate, especially when they're making monthly losses.

I would have thought they would have tried to hold on for this season, get promotion and then take the points deduction in the new league if they got promoted. Guess they are worried they don't get promoted though and then they start the new season on minus points in a lower league.

• 1 month later...
Guest LucaAltieri

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/darlington/4241059.Darlington_would_have_been_out_of_business_by_tomorrow/

Darlington would have been out of business by tomorrow.

DARLINGTON Football club has been handed "one last roll of the dice" after coming within hours of going out of business.

The Northern Echo can reveal that Darlington Football Club was due to be wound up this weekend until former chairman George Houghton gave the club an extra £150,000 which will see it through until the end of the season.

However, Mr Houghton has warned this is the last time he will bale the club out and a new buyer or consortium needs to be found if the Quakers are to survive beyond May.

The club has been in administration for over a month and this week administrators appealed to Mr Houghton for help after it became clear there was not enough cash for the club to survive after this weekend.

In an exclusive interview with The Northern Echo, Mr Houghton has revealed that although he is not prepared to invest any more money individually, he would work with other investors and run the club through a consortium.

He has also reiterated that if the club is to be a viable prospect it needs to be able to buy land adjoining the stadium from Darlington Borough Council and thus be able to build a hotel and business park at Neasham Road.

Although the club is in administration, Mr Houghton still owns The Northern Echo Darlington Arena, which is run as a separate business.

Mr Houghton has said that any buyer for the club would be able to rent the arena for free until it is in a more secure financial situation.

Mr Houghton said he agreed to invest the extra money after meeting with the administrators Brackenbury Clark on Wednesday.

He said: "I gave it great thought, but I've always said I'd support the club right until the end.

"It was the end of the road, but I don't see that, I've spent nearly two-and-a-half years of my time trying to get the club to a championship situation and I still believe with the right people it can got there."

Mr Houghton said he believes there are between four and six people who are interested in buying the club.

The extra money, he said, will buy enough time for them to perform the necessary due diligence before they buy the Quakers.

However, Mr Houghton has not ruled out remaining at the club as one of the shareholders.

He said: "There's one or two people who would still like a consortium.

"I'm still prepared to put more money in per year.

"There's always going to be a loss of between £1.5m and £2m a year, but I'm still prepared to put in £300,000 and be one of the shareholders.

"I don't want it to go down.

"The administrators have got about six clients, some clients want to take on just the football club and rent the stadium, some want to buy the whole, lock stock and barrel.

"I'm prepared to do whatever deal with them as long as it's important for the club.

"I'd still like to be a part of it, I've spent nearly three years of my life here."

However, Mr Houghton stressed he was no longer prepared to be the sole investor in the club.

He said: "This will last the club until the end of the season, maybe the fifth or sixth of May.

"I think that's the deadline date for Darlington for anybody coming to buy the side.

"Unfortunately, there,s D-Days for everything and the dates for Darlington is around the May time - you need the money to keep it going through the quiet time until August.

"This is the last roll of the dice."

Light at the end of the tunnel, it seems.