Darlington FC

Neil

Can't see how this is no the end, how can you have a football club without any players? Gutted.

The fans got any plans for a new club? I guess it usually doesn't happen as quick as this.

Sorry state of affairs.

Difficult to really commit to starting the new club while the old one is still in limbo.

have they enough fans to start a new club that'll be much bigger than a unibond side.

They're in the top half of the conference now, and they usually go up for new clubs

Can't see how this is no the end, how can you have a football club without any players? Gutted.

The fans got any plans for a new club? I guess it usually doesn't happen as quick as this.

Sorry state of affairs.

Difficult to really commit to starting the new club while the old one is still in limbo.

happened to Cork City here (my local side) not too long ago, the fans group applied for a 1st division licence in case as seemed highly likely the moron running the old incarnation of it let it go tits up which he duly did

For all the mismanagement that's gone on over the years, it's bloody depressing that the town have abandoned the club too.

They are allowed 10000 inside the "Arena" and they've got two home games in a week, if they reduced tickets to, say, a tenner and people in the town rallied round and filled that capacity, that's £200k, I don't know the ins and outs of how much they need to keep going week on week but I bet it would keep them going for a while - instead the local rag's having to pay for the petrol to get them to games and they've got people begging for spare change outside the Riverside.

I'm close to saying I'd go myself and I grew up for years absolutely hating the bastards as much as the mackems, that's how bad it is, people from Darlington should be tripping over themselves to offer their support.

For all the mismanagement that's gone on over the years, it's bloody depressing that the town have abandoned the club too.

They are allowed 10000 inside the "Arena" and they've got two home games in a week, if they reduced tickets to, say, a tenner and people in the town rallied round and filled that capacity, that's £200k, I don't know the ins and outs of how much they need to keep going week on week but I bet it would keep them going for a while - instead the local rag's having to pay for the petrol to get them to games and they've got people begging for spare change outside the Riverside.

:thup:

Guest Heneage

They were cuntish when Gateshead played them down there in the cup last season, but it's still hard for me to feel anything but sympathetic towards them.

I remember the second leg. I thought there was real potential for a new NE rivalry. Admittedly the pitch invading was a bit Danny Dyer, but the atmosphere was very impressive.

That's probably why the town aren't so willing to rally round.

Indeed but like I said, if they thought enough people were going to turn up, there's every incentive to lower the price given the size of the ground.

That looks about standard price for that division btw which is a scandal in itself, no wonder clubs are going out of business left, right and centre.

Indeed but like I said, if they thought enough people were going to turn up, there's every incentive to lower the price given the size of the ground.

That looks about standard price for that division btw which is a scandal in itself, no wonder clubs are going out of business left, right and centre.

Do you think the standard of players should dictate a higher or lower price for tickets?

Not something I've always agreed with personally. Going to a football game for me is largely an emotional investment rather than an entertainment one, so I don't think price should change depending on the standard of football.

Do you think the standard of players should dictate a higher or lower price for tickets?

Not something I've always agreed with personally. Going to a football game for me is largely an emotional investment rather than an entertainment one, so I don't think price should change depending on the standard of football.

Of course, because the wage situation is vastly different as much as anything. How far down the leagues would you take that? Not sure I'd be happy paying £500 for a season ticket at the Dog and Duck on a Sunday morning, no matter how big a fan I was.

The whole point of lower league clubs is surely to offer a less pricey alternative to tempt people into supporting something with less prospect of having something to show for it. If little Jonny growing up in London lives a stone's throw from Brentford, tickets priced at £38, of course he's going to go to Arsenal instead like he's seen on the TV, but if his dad can take him for a quarter of that, that's how clubs like that build a fanbase.