Man Utd win the Carling Cup 4 - 1 on penalties

Dave

Don't get why anyone could be pleased with Man U winning another trophy. Glad it makes your day though.

Because to Man U it's just another trophy and one they don't particularly give a f*** about, whereas it would give Spurs something to crow about and give them a much needed boost when they're our bedfellows at the wrong end of the table.

How could giving relegation rivals a boost be a good thing? I remember at the beginning of the season how fucking annoying the Spurs fans were with all their signings saying they were going to challenge for the top 4 spots laughing about the whole Modric thing. I can’t stand Spurs I'm glad they lost and I hope they keep on losing.

Also I bet that trophy means something to Foster.

The good ol' English penalty disease at work again I see. Five non-English players all score from their spot-kicks while the two English both miss.

Well spotted.

:lol:

He also took the first penalty kick in the Carling Cup Final, against Manchester United. But unfortunately he missed. The game was 0-0 after extra time.

Wikipedia, already. Who has the time/inclination? :lol:

Guest kingdawson

What a signing Bentley has been.

He's an utter clown, a joke of the highest order.

As for the match, we gave our all but you're not beating united when it comes to Pens. The centre backs were awsome, and no one had a bad game apart from Pavlychenko. Oh well.

I didn't watch the game and am only viewing the post match via SSN but it looks like Man United are REALLY enjoying another cup final victory - receive the trophy, quick photograph, pop the champaign, quick lap and off down the tunnel. Even the fans are just standing there.

It must be an easy/care free life winning stuff . . . . . . . .

Guest quklaani

Besides United are a great team that play nice football, good nothing against them, they win because their the best not because they play boring football or just got bought by some rich billioniare.

We somehow contrived to get bought by a poor billionaire...

There's a lot of debate about how this side compares to our other great teams, but there's definitely one thing they've got over past incarnations.  They can sure take penalties.  Why anyone who isn't contractually obliged to calls the League Cup the pisswater cup I don't know, maybe commentators have to but it was really getting on my nerves.  I'm perfectly delighted to have won the League cup, but the "carling" cup sounds a piece of shit.  I swear if they ever sell the name of the FA cup ("sponsored by" is bad enough) I'm going to give up on football.  Thank God it's coming back to proper telly soon, that should help make it seem less marginal.

Oh and as an aside, I don't think we'll win on wednesday.  Just a hunch, but I've been feeling that way for a few weeks now.

Guest kingdawson

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Ben Foster is a superb goalkeeper.

Ref was pretty decent today but fucking hell, O'shea should have been off.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Ben Foster is a superb goalkeeper.

Ref was pretty decent today but fucking hell, O'shea should have been off.

Totally agree.

Yes its a good achievement winning ANOTHER trophy, but it just doesnt mean that much to them. Its just another trophy to the team and their fans. Could you imagine if that was us? Holy mother of mary the roof would off the stadium. It would look like we'd just won the Champions League or something like that...

All the hoo-har about what a great premiership season its been, and once again it will be the same team that wins everything.

The battle at the bottom, and between Arsenal, Villa and Everton are now the interesting ones.

Man U have got a world class goalkeeper to be in Foster, its great for England too, he should be starting for England now!

Ahead of Harper?  ???

Are you mad?

No, are you mad?

Not quite. ;)

I bet Harry feels a lot better about not taking the UEFA Cup seriously enough now.

They won't be taking it seriously next year either, mainly because they won't be in it. Thank f***.

I bet Harry feels a lot better about not taking the UEFA Cup seriously enough now.

They won't be taking it seriously next year either, mainly because they won't be in it. Thank f***.

I thought they would because Man Utd won, but will go to the Champions league cause they'll obviously be in the top four. I dunno, though. Could Spurs get in cause Man U are already in a cup competition?

I thought they would because Man Utd won, but will go to the Champions league cause they'll obviously be in the top four. I dunno, though. Could Spurs get in cause Man U are already in a cup competition?

No that only applies to the FA Cup runners up. The 6th placed team in the league will now get a Europa League place or whatever it is called.

No that only applies to the FA Cup runners up. The 6th placed team in the league will now get a Europa League place or whatever it is called.

:aww:

Unless West Ham/Fulham/Wigan go unbeaten until the end of the season.....