NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but has anyone read Ryder's latest blog on NUSC? http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/03/nusc-in-change-of-direction.html#more

I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of the article as basically I'm pro NUSC/anti-Ashley and there's no point getting into a discussion on here as the level of debate in the football forum is dire at the moment. When compared to the level of debate in the general chat forum, there's just no comparison.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastles plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

If he is I'm flabbergasted that someone can blame the fans for us being in relegation dogfight. Never thought I'd see the day when I would have both Sheppard AND Oliver back!!!

I do blame alot of the fans including myself to some extent, we don't create the atmosphere of old that made St James' a fortress and people are constantly protesting and were even booing the team.

We need sod all this crap and back the team.

It's 2 way thing though - if fans see the players can't be bothered why should they put the effort in.

Why are the fans held responsible whenever anything goes wrong at Newcastle.  As far as I am concerned, it all comes down to bad decision making by Ashley & co.  We've got decent players - better than our relegation rivals.  A decent manager would have them in the top half of the table.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but has anyone read Ryder's latest blog on NUSC? http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/03/nusc-in-change-of-direction.html#more

I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of the article as basically I'm pro NUSC/anti-Ashley and there's no point getting into a discussion on here as the level of debate in the football forum is dire at the moment. When compared to the level of debate in the general chat forum, there's just no comparison.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastles plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

If he is I'm flabbergasted that someone can blame the fans for us being in relegation dogfight. Never thought I'd see the day when I would have both Sheppard AND Oliver back!!!

Nah.

Even if you do read it that way, then you can't ignore that he's blaming the owners for causing the fans' reaction and therefore the responsibility would ultimately lie at their door.

I have to say that to pick out that rather tenuous interpretation and ignore the rest of what was said suggests that you might possibly have an agenda against the writer, wonder why that might be? You did see the quote from Keegan didn't you, why no accusations sent in his direction?

Do I have an agenda? Not trying to be smart or anything but it depends on the interpretation of agenda. I think Ryder is a very poor journalist but I have nothing against him as really the Chronicle has had its day in my opinion.

You're right that ultimately blame would lie with Ashley for causing the bad feeling amongst the fans but the way I read the paragraph I pointed out it was saying that the negativity from fans was transferring itself to the pitch which is why we're now in a relegation fight.

It may be a short paragraph on a theme not central to his blog but sometimes these small snippets reveal a lot!

Reason I posted is that I wanted to see if I read it correctly, nothing more. I ignored the rest as in my opinion the rest isn't worth commenting on and as I said I wouldn't get into a discussion with Ashley sympathisers (which is how the thread would go if I brought up the other issues) as I haven't got a lot of time for them. Just as they probably haven't got a lot of time for my views. None of us are going change our positions.

With regards to Keegans comment, he may have had a go at the fans in the past when weve gone through a sticky spell but I very much doubt he would blame the fans for being in a relegation dog fight.

Theres only two reasons for being in a relegation fight; poor players or a poor manager, a mixture of both.

You read it right. Lee is blaming the way supporters have reacted to the Mikes eventful stint in charge for the teams failings, not how Mike has actually run the club. Selling your best players and appointing a joke manager with a dicky heart has nothing to do with NUFC staring relegation in the face according to Lee.

Sold our best players?, like who?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2006/12/11/given_367x470.jpg

One of our best players.

best player...singular....you said players.

I thought it was a good move to sell Given. It won't have a massive impact on results, we got rid of an unhappy player and kept a very promising keeper in Krul as a result.

I do blame alot of the fans including myself to some extent, we don't create the atmosphere of old that made St James' a fortress and people are constantly protesting and were even booing the team.

It's 2 way thing though - if fans see the players can't be bothered why should they put the effort in.

Why are the fans held responsible whenever anything goes wrong at Newcastle.  As far as I am concerned, it all comes down to bad decision making by Ashley & co.  We've got decent players - better than our relegation rivals.  A decent manager would have them in the top half of the table.

Yes this is fair enough, with a decent manager we would be half way up the table, we don't have one, the players don't decide this.  Adding pressure to them will only make things worse, people can say whatever the like about Ashley but just support the team, we give ourselves a rep as fairweather support, i.e. we only have a good atmosphere when we are doing well.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastle’s plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

One game had a protest. There's hardly been any booing this season either.  There was far more booing of Allardyce, Roeder and Even Robson's teams.

Expectations are far lower now.  People only boo when they know we can do better.

One game had a protest. There's hardly been any booing this season either.  There was far more booing of Allardyce, Roeder and Even Robson's teams.

Expectations are far lower now.  People only boo when they know we can do better.

So you think our support has been good this season, half the time we get outsung by away fans.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastle’s plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

Yes this is fair enough, with a decent manager we would be half way up the table, we don't have one, the players don't decide this.  Adding pressure to them will only make things worse, people can say whatever the like about Ashley but just support the team, we give ourselves a rep as fairweather support, i.e. we only have a good atmosphere when we are doing well.

We outsang Liverpool when we were 5-1 down.

So you think our support has been good this season, half the time we get outsung by away fans.

Not really.

Man U fans were good.  Can't really remember any others giving us that hard a time.

we didn't at 0-1,1-2 and 1-3 though perhaps when the players needed it most.

I'd say we did, but I think it's bollocks either way.

Suggests what the players need is not the ball played on the ground to their feet, with team mates making intelligent runs off the ball, making options, but a nice sing song which will miraculously make the ball hoofed up to the opposition keeper an incisive through ball.

It's always strange to hear fans complain about the atmosphere too.  Try starting a song off.  If no-one joins in, annoy people around you by persisting for minutes on end.  Someone always helps out, even if it's just to shut you up.

I reckon most people in the Leazes corner come out with a sore throat every game.

I'd say we did, but I think it's bollocks either way.

Suggests what the players need is not the ball played on the ground to their feet, with team mates making intelligent runs off the ball, making options, but a nice sing song which will miraculously make the ball hoofed up to the opposition keeper an incisive through ball.

It's always strange to hear fans complain about the atmosphere too.  Try starting a song off.  If no-one joins in, annoy people around you by persisting for minutes on end.  Someone always helps out, even if it's just to shut you up.

I reckon most people in the Leazes corner come out with a sore throat every game.

oh don't twist your nickers man, it doesn't mean that at all and you know it.

i could twist your comment to mean that the fans have no effect so it's pointless singign or encouraging anyway...................but i wont.

Guest fading star

Nah.

Even if you do read it that way, then you can't ignore that he's blaming the owners for causing the fans' reaction and therefore the responsibility would ultimately lie at their door.

I have to say that to pick out that rather tenuous interpretation and ignore the rest of what was said suggests that you might possibly have an agenda against the writer, wonder why that might be? You did see the quote from Keegan didn't you, why no accusations sent in his direction?

Do I have an agenda? Not trying to be smart or anything but it depends on the interpretation of agenda. I think Ryder is a very poor journalist but I have nothing against him as really the Chronicle has had its day in my opinion.

You're right that ultimately blame would lie with Ashley for causing the bad feeling amongst the fans but the way I read the paragraph I pointed out it was saying that the negativity from fans was transferring itself to the pitch which is why we're now in a relegation fight.

It may be a short paragraph on a theme not central to his blog but sometimes these small snippets reveal a lot!

Reason I posted is that I wanted to see if I read it correctly, nothing more. I ignored the rest as in my opinion the rest isn't worth commenting on and as I said I wouldn't get into a discussion with Ashley sympathisers (which is how the thread would go if I brought up the other issues) as I haven't got a lot of time for them. Just as they probably haven't got a lot of time for my views. None of us are going change our positions.

With regards to Keegan’s comment, he may have had a go at the fans in the past when we’ve gone through a sticky spell but I very much doubt he would blame the fans for being in a relegation dog fight.

There’s only two reasons for being in a relegation fight; poor players or a poor manager, a mixture of both.

You read it right. Lee is blaming the way supporters have reacted to the Mikes’ ‘eventful stint in charge’ for the team’s failings, not how Mike has actually run the club. Selling your best players and appointing a joke manager with a dicky heart has nothing to do with NUFC staring relegation in the face according to Lee.

Sold our best players?, like who?

N'Zogbia, I guess.  Strange how so many people rate N'Zogbia now that he's left...

Milner and Given. Our best keeper and our best right sided midfielder.

You ignored appointing JFK, you rate him then do you?

They all wanted to leave, but at least we got good money for 2 of them. And yes I am aware Ashley's regime is at fault for them wanting out.

Milner and N'Zogbia are nothing special although the latter has the potential to be a lot better. I wasn't so much against them leaving as I am them not being adequately replaced.

Guest fading star

They all wanted to leave, but at least we got good money for 2 of them. And yes I am aware Ashley's regime is at fault for them wanting out.

Milner and N'Zogbia are nothing special although the latter has the potential to be a lot better. I wasn't so much against them leaving as I am them not being adequately replaced.

We haven’t had any money for them yet, and the fees weren’t that good. £12m for Milner was about the money, but £5m for Shay is crap business.

Ryder completely ignored Ashley’s transfer policy and appointing a washed up manager who wasn’t very even good before football gave up on him completely. It’s bollocks, if Ashley's transfer policy is sound and JFK is a decent manager why are we struggling to avoid relegation? Because some bloke unfurled a cockney mafia out banner? Because NUFC supporters are crap and don’t back their team when the going gets tough? Because a member of NUSC suggested Lee Ryder was in Ashley pocket?

Mr Ryder thinks he’s attacking NUSC but what he’s really doing is attacking the supporters. He himself suggests a 1000 members isn’t representative, so how can NUSC be responsible for the negativity on the terraces when their numbers are so small?

Guest fading star

Lee showing his true colours again

“When pressed by the Chronicle on just why Newcastle have struggled to string any consistency together, Harper said today: “I wish I knew – I'd put my name into the ring to be the manager if I knew that!”

Our form hasn‘t been inconsistent. We’ve been consistently crap all season, that’s why we’re joint third bottom with ten games to go.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/03/13/steve-harper-puzzled-by-nufc-s-inconsistent-form-72703-23136666/

but £5m for Shay is crap business.

Totally agree (even if had handed in a transfer request). I did say "2 of them" to be fair. I didn't want to lose N'Zogbia but £6m or whatever it was plus Ryan Taylor was a fair deal in my opinion. I don't know whether we've got the money for that yet or not so I don't want to comment on that side of it.

I don't think Ryan Taylor has shown much at all so far tbh. Early days, obv.

I agree. I reckon he'll end being worth the £1.5m or whatever it is though, I was more commenting on the transfer fee (if you include Taylor's market value).

Guest fading star

I agree. I reckon he'll end being worth the £1.5m or whatever it is though, I was more commenting on the transfer fee (if you include Taylor's market value).

The fee was £6m minus whatever Taylor was valued at. If Taylor turn out to be good it means we effecively got peanuts for Charlie. If he turns out to be crap we just have another crap player on the books.

The fee was £6m minus whatever Taylor was valued at. If Taylor turn out to be good it means we effecively got peanuts for Charlie. If he turns out to be crap we just have another crap player on the books.

:lol:

Glass well and truly half-empty, eh?

Guest fading star

Perhaps he did. We never know what’s going on now, but I fancy it suited both parties to talk up the numbers in this deal.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him at right back, I never expected him to look up to much as a  midfielder. If he can provide decent cover at RB it's not bad business at £1.5m. Not a disaster at any rate.

Been quite pleased with him so far. Decent to good against West Brom, and respectable whilst massively out of position in the middle. Better distribution and fewer free kicks given away than silly little nicky.