NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

Ok happy face then why the hell is this on their website?

The current crisis that faces Newcastle United is the position of Mike Ashley and the perilous state of the football club.

It has unfortunately become apparent that seemingly the only way for NUFC to go forward is for the club yet again to be sold at the earliest possible opportunity. The hope and expectation being that new owners can work with the supporters to make the club great again, fulfilling the potential that has never been realised in the modern era.

We welcome any bid that will relieve the current perilous situation that exists at Newcastle United. Only a prompt sale to an individual or individuals who have the best interests of Newcastle United Football Club at heart, both for now and the future will see resolution of the problems that are currently facing the club.

In the meantime NUSC repeats its call to supporters to continue to boycott all club merchandise and Sports Direct outlets until we are rid of Mike Ashley!"

I never realised how stupid some of their statements are, trying to get sponsors to cancel their deals, also telling supporters not to buy kits, effectively ruining NUFC financially if all this occured.  We would go into administration and be relegated.

What is clear is that Mike Ashley is not acting quickly enough to end his disastrous relationship with our club. The NUSC, with a fast growing membership, will soon be writing to the club's main sponsors and advertisers to request that they end their business relationship with a Mike Ashley owned Newcastle United. If the nightmare scenario of an Ashley owned Newcastle United continues to next summer, then we will organise a highly visible and energetic campaign amongst supporters to boycott any new kit and merchandise being sold by Adidas.

The current crisis that faces Newcastle United is the position of Mike Ashley and the perilous state of the football club.

It has unfortunately become apparent that seemingly the only way for NUFC to go forward is for the club yet again to be sold at the earliest possible opportunity. The hope and expectation being that new owners can work with the supporters to make the club great again, fulfilling the potential that has never been realised in the modern era.

We welcome any bid that will relieve the current perilous situation that exists at Newcastle United. Only a prompt sale to an individual or individuals who have the best interests of Newcastle United Football Club at heart, both for now and the future will see resolution of the problems that are currently facing the club.

In the meantime NUSC repeats its call to supporters to continue to boycott all club merchandise and Sports Direct outlets until we are rid of Mike Ashley!"

I never realised how stupid some of their statements are, trying to get sponsors to cancel their deals, also telling supporters not to buy kits, effectively ruining NUFC financially if all this occured.  We would go into administration and be relegated.

What is clear is that Mike Ashley is not acting quickly enough to end his disastrous relationship with our club. The NUSC, with a fast growing membership, will soon be writing to the club's main sponsors and advertisers to request that they end their business relationship with a Mike Ashley owned Newcastle United. If the nightmare scenario of an Ashley owned Newcastle United continues to next summer, then we will organise a highly visible and energetic campaign amongst supporters to boycott any new kit and merchandise being sold by Adidas.

Yep.  That's one of their mis-steps. 

I said as much myself at the time it was released...

Oh dear.

I was hoping the NUSC would be a more moderate group with the best interests of the club at heart however that benefits any individual or not.

They show a willingness for discourse with any potential buyers (are they aware of the non-disclosure agreements - I don't see how that would work, are the commitee just trying to get the timewasters more coverage?) but not with Ashley.  If the club is not sold, are we as fans going to punish the whole club for our personal grievances, or are we going to try and make the best of it and approach whoever is in power with constructive ideas for moving forward?

That's an interesting take, but as the NUSC seems primarily concerned with Ashley leaving at all costs I doubt they will be prepared to even contemplate entering a debate with Ashley's people. Parky's attutude of "fuck the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

If the club isn't sold, in my view it would be constructive for the NUSC to open a sensible dialogue with the current owners. If only to air complaints.

Weren't the original statements that the NUSC was being set up as a long term voice of the fans rather than a petulant knee-jerk against those in power.

If those currently in power end up here long term, is the intention to tear the club apart?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=21264&st=180&p=531465&hl=NUSC&#entry531465

It's a shame it's still up there now, given the more tempered approach they've recently taken.

Given that they changed their approach, I only joined last week.

Are you unwilling to change your mind because of a 5 month old statement or do you still feel they are as hard line?

Genuine question

Oh dear.

I was hoping the NUSC would be a more moderate group with the best interests of the club at heart however that benefits any individual or not.

They show a willingness for discourse with any potential buyers (are they aware of the non-disclosure agreements - I don't see how that would work, are the commitee just trying to get the timewasters more coverage?) but not with Ashley.  If the club is not sold, are we as fans going to punish the whole club for our personal grievances, or are we going to try and make the best of it and approach whoever is in power with constructive ideas for moving forward?

That's an interesting take, but as the NUSC seems primarily concerned with Ashley leaving at all costs I doubt they will be prepared to even contemplate entering a debate with Ashley's people. Parky's attutude of "fuck the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

If the club isn't sold, in my view it would be constructive for the NUSC to open a sensible dialogue with the current owners. If only to air complaints.

Weren't the original statements that the NUSC was being set up as a long term voice of the fans rather than a petulant knee-jerk against those in power.

If those currently in power end up here long term, is the intention to tear the club apart?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=21264&st=180&p=531465&hl=NUSCentry531465

It's a shame it's still up there now, given the more tempered approach they've recently taken.

Are you unwilling to change your mind because of a 5 month old statement or do you still feel they are as hard line?

Genuine question

I see you've quoted me there from one of my few posts on Toontastic. Interesting to see old views and compare them now. Basically the barely concealed hostility in this report of the eventual meeting between the NUSC and Llambias just confirms that nothing much has changed except the NUSC are putting on a more moderate front which at the moment is a mask for their not very well concealed opposition.

I am very much aware that Ashley and his pals have run the club badly in a lot of ways while making some much needed changes to the club's financial structure. The NUSC version of the meeting sounds like a kangaroo court coming up with the version of events which suited the "Ashley Out" sentiment.

Oh dear.

That's an interesting take, but as the NUSC seems primarily concerned with Ashley leaving at all costs I doubt they will be prepared to even contemplate entering a debate with Ashley's people. Parky's attutude of "f*** the club" in the short term is a good example of this thinking. It's a recipe for relegation if you ask me.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=21264&st=180&p=531465&hl=NUSCentry531465

Genuine question

I still think they are hard line but are putting on a front to appear to be more sensible in their views.  I am confused now to exactly what their aims are other than trying to make the Ashley regime look worse, they way they wrote up this meeting is an absolute joke and if I was Llambias I wouldn't talk to them again. 

I see you've quoted me there from one of my few posts on Toontastic. Interesting to see old views and compare them now. Basically the barely concealed hostility in this report of the eventual meeting between the NUSC and Llambias just confirms that nothing much has changed except the NUSC are putting on a more moderate front which at the moment is a mask for their not very well concealed opposition.

I am very much aware that Ashley and his pals have run the club badly in a lot of ways while making some much needed changes to the club's financial structure. The NUSC version of the meeting sounds like a kangaroo court coming up with the version of events which suited the "Ashley Out" sentiment.

I think the hostility comes from the refusal of those in charge at the club to even acknowledge the dire straits the club is in, while frequently contradicting themselves in the excuse making.

I think it's been clear from the last few NUSC statements that they're not an Ashley/Wise/Llambias out group.

I think the hostility comes from the refusal of those in charge at the club to even acknowledge the dire straits the club is in, while frequently contradicting themselves in the excuse making.

I think it's been clear from the last few NUSC statements that they're not an Ashley/Wise/Llambias out group.

I know that the NUSC has changed their public stance officially about not being a Cockney Mafia out group, but the tone of the write up suggests in reality there's no change at all, or at least no chance of working meaningfully with the current owners. Perhaps the NUSC would better be described as a pressure group, as although they don't have any answers, they seem very good at confronting the owners with demands and questions both through the national media and in direct meetings.

Guest dover

What we need is direct action, fuck the £30 subscription nonsense ive a much better plan:

I need 60,000 supporters to raise £1000 each

And then we invest that £60 million in a 4/1 NUFC victory over an upcoming rival

Giving £240 million to buy Mike and his boys out of the club

Then sell Shola for £1 million and stick it on hatton to win in round 8 at 33/1 to pay for next seasons transfers

Bollocks to banners and letters  O0

Jesus christ how to degenerate a thread into pointless bickering.

To the O/P unfortunately you gave the anti NUSC folks, which they appear to be many and they are pretty vocal to say the least, lots of ammunition there posting the article in it's entirity. Perhaps leaving off the last bit which is just NUSC talking itself up, would have been more sensible.

The TF article is a much better read.

Having said that, I honestly wonder if it is an impossible task for anyone to set up a supporters group, or a group that claims to represent some of our fans. The two recent examples of these group, Toon Ultras and NUSC, have received so much venom directed towards them that it seems a thankless and pretty pointless task to try a set up a group that purports to represent the varied opinions of fans of this football club.

If people could stop attacking the writers of the article and begin debating the various telling quotes from Llambias, then there may be some hope for this thread. However I think it's already too late and this thread is on it's way down the familiar path of childish, missing the real point bickering.

To the O/P unfortunately you gave the anti NUSC folks, which they appear to be many and they are pretty vocal to say the least, lots of ammunition there posting the article in it's entirity. Perhaps leaving off the last bit which is just NUSC talking itself up, would have been more sensible.

Having said that, I honestly wonder if it is an impossible task for anyone to set up a supporters group, or a group that claims to represent some of our fans. The two recent examples of these group, Toon Ultras and NUSC, have received so much venom directed towards them that it seems a thankless and pretty pointless task to try a set up a group that purports to represent the varied opinions of fans of this football club.

If people could stop attacking the writers of the article and begin debating the various telling quotes from Llambias, then there may be some hope for this thread. However I think it's already too late and this thread is on it's way down the familiar path of childish, missing the real point bickering.

At least we've still got you to maintain the moral highground for the rest of us kids though, eh :)

The real point is surely finding the best way to approach "working" with the board. Many people feel that having a group which claims to represent them going about things in the wrong way is worth debating?

What we need is direct action, fuck the £30 subscription nonsense ive a much better plan:

I need 60,000 supporters to raise £1000 each

And then we invest that £60 million in a 4/1 NUFC victory over an upcoming rival

Giving £240 million to buy Mike and his boys out of the club

Then sell Shola for £1 million and stick it on hatton to win in round 8 at 33/1 to pay for next seasons transfers

Bollocks to banners and letters  O0

Pretty much the same amount of gambling that s being done by the board at the moment really. I'd say your odds are slightly better though.

Explains why Xisco's barely been given a chance then, hes prob a good player.

Says more about your pro NUSC stance than it does about the other side. I couldn't give a monkeys who signed him, if he's a good player he should be used more.

Ive no understanding of how you took what i said and came up with that.

I could care less about NUSC. Im saying they probably lack faith in a signing Keegan made, that was all. Great logic as usual from you.

That doesn't mean the NUSC are campaigning to get Wise out.

Did you read the FAQs on page 6?

They clearly show that they do want Wise out, as does your initial post.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4413/dscn6062.jpg

That's on the opposite side of the monument to where the NUSC were speechifying.

Seems to me anyone could have hoyed it up there.

Like I said they could have took it down if some random bloke put it up.  Also if you're protest is merely suggesting change you're not going to succeed, tell them what needs to be changed at least.

What do we want.... Change

When do we want it....Now

What do we want to change...Erm......

Sorry to correct you, but they have no right to take down a banner that someone else puts up. If someone had put up a banner saying "We love Mike Ashley" they would have no right to take that down either.

That's not really the case in reality though. They were given permission to hold their rally there by the police, therefore they are allowed certain permissions because of that, one of which would be for them to temporarily put up banners and other promotional materials. Do you think the police would allow a banner to hang in that spot if there wasn't a rally going on, or if they'd have left it there afterwards? Nah, they wouldn't they'd have taken it down. Do you think that if they banner had said "We love Mike, Del and Den!!", that it would have remained there? Nah, of course it wouldn't, they'd have taken it down or asked for it to be taken down straight away. By allowing it to remain there, NUSC are showing that it's a message that they themselves support, if it wasn't they could and would have taken it down. Also, if someone had hung something with a racist slogan on it and they'd have left it there, do you think they'd have gotten into trouble for that? I think they would probably have done, whether they physically put it up or not. You can't deliver speeches from in front of a fucking huge banner and then claim that it doesn't represent your views, that's just bollocks in every way possible.

For anyone out there who is against NUSC and think that a supporters club should be trying to work with the board, could you please explain their position. I'm just completely baffled why people think this would help the club. From day one the board has just about done everything wrong to warrant any faith in them. In my opinion it doesn't matter whether NUSC works in partnership with the board or not, the board will continue to run the club badly and not listen to anyone. This being the case NUFC may as well try and force them out of town!

The real point is surely finding the best way to approach "working" with the board. Many people feel that having a group which claims to represent them going about things in the wrong way is worth debating?

No the real point is, what Llambias actually said, there are numerous other threads to debate on NUSC's agenda/role/tactics whatever. Why has the focus on this thread been on the stupid spin they put on but not the actual words that Llambias said ?

To be frank I don't give a rats arse what NUSC said at the meetin, or said about the meeting, I'm interested in what came out of Llambias's mouth and it would appear that there were some interesting things that were said, as someone else said, lets hear more about what he said about certain players and less crap about how NUSC are killing our football club.

You do realise that you're doing exactly the same as what you're criticising?

No the real point is, what Llambias actually said, there are numerous other threads to debate on NUSC's agenda/role/tactics whatever. Why has the focus on this thread been on the stupid spin they put on but not the actual words that Llambias said ?

To be frank I don't give a rats arse what NUSC said at the meetin, or said about the meeting, I'm interested in what came out of Llambias's mouth and it would appear that there were some interesting things that were said, as someone else said, lets hear more about what he said about certain players and less crap about how NUSC are killing our football club.

agreed. someone cut out all the text but llambias's quotes earlier in the thread which is what the discussion should be focused on. and on that topic, i was wondering about his 'top managers want to join' quote, which is quite similar to fat fred's "pleasantly suprised". does this mean the club are on the lookout for managers or what? why would he say it if they wanted to keep kinnear as manager, and if they do want to join, why the hell do we have hughton in charge at such a critical role in our club's premiership history?

At least we've still got you to maintain the moral highground for the rest of us kids though, eh :)

Those people are unwilling to make their voices heard though by going to an NUSC meeting or even contacting the SC via phone or e-mail. A lot of people may well think NUSC are going about things the wrong way but if they only air their grievances on two bit message boards then they have no right to complain when NUSC doesn't adopt the position which most closely mirrors theirs.

As for those people who think doorstepping Llambias and other club officials is counter productive and wont achieve anything then why are relations between Estland and NUSC cordial and why are the club going to work with NUSC when it comes to communication in the future?

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, but if supporter groups are judged on their relationship with the board, then Toon Ultras have to be the ones with the best relationship imo.

We have had contact with not only Simon Esland, but other members of the ground staff and towards mid last season we were in talks with Russel Cushing or whatever he was called and we have even had the opportunities to meet up and discuss issues with the some of the staff on a neutral ground over a few pints.

Our main flaw is the lack of money...yet we as an organisation are divided in whether or not we should have membership fees..as many of us don't believe current members should have to pay. On the other side some of us think if we want to move onto better things we need to introduce member fees to raise money.

I personally believe that if we as a group began talking more frequently with the club or even got given the opportunity to attend a supporters panel meeting then we could gain a lot more respect and support again. In addition to this we would offer a totally different point of view to everyone else at the meeting, imo.

Dare I say it, I would love to actually go to the next meeting and put some of my opinions forward and our ambitions as a group.

I probably would never get that opportunity, but if someone could provide it I would definately take it up.

I think the problem with NUSC lies in the fact that everything it has done has been negative about the club, whereas with the Toon Ultras despite being probably a smaller group with less money and members it is taken in a fairly light hearted manner when discussed now by fellow supporters. We have won the majority of people over and the issues of our name seem to have faded away, we have good intentions and everyone can see it, but not the leadership or funds to grow.

Anyways, i'm done babbling for now...is anyone who posts on here able to provide a contact for the person who is behind organising these panel meetings? (I'm just curious)

Finally, I don't believe i'm superior because I'm a member of the TU, I just think if other fan groups or media sources get their chance than why shouldn't we?...

heza you, or on of the older, more experienced and mature lads from the Ultras should try and go along to those meetings. Its worth a shot, like and it would be good to see what sort of support you'd get from the club and how they'd react by having an "Ultra" group connected to the club.

I'd like to see the Ultras succeed and the only way you'll have a chance of doing that is by making the club aware of your aims and intentions.

As for the piece itself- well, its an interesting one. You get the feeling that theres a lot of tension between both parties and their both trying to hold back at letting rip at eachother. From Llambias and (mainly) the NUSC theres sly digs through gritted teeth aimed at each other. Worrying, imo, as we're never going to get anywhere if they dont agree on anything.

I'm still sort of sitting on the fence in terms of my opinion on the NUSC but their not doing much to help my decision. Fair play to Llambias for showing up, its about fucking time he does but still, good to see the club are coming out of their shell a bit.

What Im really angry about is that bollocks comment by Llambias about "top class" managers knocking at his door!!! Fuck off. Fuck off you patronising cunt. Who do you think we are? Fucking mugs? He must've taken a PR class by Freddie Shepherd....

And it looks very bleak as to our summer spending. We'll be spending fuck all and still end up with a tiny squad, which will again leave us in a situation we are in now....which league I dont know.

But whatever Llambias says, the club have really fucked up on the finances in terms of transfers. They clearly dont have the slightest notion on how to buy and sell properly.

Having said that, I honestly wonder if it is an impossible task for anyone to set up a supporters group, or a group that claims to represent some of our fans. The two recent examples of these group, Toon Ultras and NUSC, have received so much venom directed towards them that it seems a thankless and pretty pointless task to try a set up a group that purports to represent the varied opinions of fans of this football club.  :cheesy:

Those people are unwilling to make their voices heard though by going to an NUSC meeting or even contacting the SC via phone or e-mail. A lot of people may well think NUSC are going about things the wrong way but if they only air their grievances on two bit message boards then they have no right to complain when NUSC doesn't adopt the position which most closely mirrors theirs.

As for those people who think doorstepping Llambias and other club officials is counter productive and wont achieve anything then why are relations between Estland and NUSC cordial and why are the club going to work with NUSC when it comes to communication in the future?

I reckon it's probably because we enjoy talking on our two bit message-boards and there's even a chance someone might seriously consider what we say, unlike if we went to one of your two bit "supporters' club" meetings, which seem to be highly tedious and during which anybody who doesn't say "Ashley Out!!11" gets totally ignored.

We have every right to complain when NUSC claims to speak for us and doesn't, and we have every right not to go along to their meetings or join their club. It's not the law you know, you can still be a Newcastle supporter and not a member of NUSC, in fact the last time I looked the overwhelming majority of fans we're not members. This whole: "You can't comment if you don't go to the meetings and sign-up" thing is total bollocks, what kind of moronic logic is that!?! I don't like NUSC, I disagree with everything they stand for (all one of them), even if I did agree with them I think they're totally fucking it up and I still wouldn't want anything to do with them, I also think some of their leadership are in this for the wrong reasons, but I should go along to a meeting and join up you say? Hmmmmm, let me think...

...er, no; I don't think so, not today thanks.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

I'm sorry if it's already been mentioned but after reading both the OP and the True Faith article I thought of something. If the club want's to keep beeing more open towards supporters why didn't they have Craig Hope and NWTV at this meeting? I can't see what harm it would have done.

Having said that, I honestly wonder if it is an impossible task for anyone to set up a supporters group, or a group that claims to represent some of our fans. The two recent examples of these group, Toon Ultras and NUSC, have received so much venom directed towards them that it seems a thankless and pretty pointless task to try a set up a group that purports to represent the varied opinions of fans of this football club.  :cheesy:

I reckon it's probably because we enjoy talking on our two bit message-boards and there's even a chance someone might seriously consider what we say, unlike if we went to one of your two bit "supporters' club" meetings, which seem to be highly tedious and during which anybody who doesn't say "Ashley Out!!11" gets totally ignored.

We have every right to complain when NUSC claims to speak for us and doesn't, and we have every right not to go along to their meetings or join their club. It's not the law you know, you can still be a Newcastle supporter and not a member of NUSC, in fact the last time I looked the overwhelming majority of fans we're not members. This whole: "You can't comment if you don't go to the meetings and sign-up" thing is total bollocks, what kind of moronic logic is that!?! I don't like NUSC, I disagree with everything they stand for (all one of them), even if I did agree with them I think they're totally fucking it up and I still wouldn't want anything to do with them, I also think some of their leadership are in this for the wrong reasons, but I should go along to a meeting and join up you say? Hmmmmm, let me think...

...er, no; I don't think so, not today thanks.

How is it moronic logic? You're happy to whinge about NUSC and how they're ran but you're not actually going to do anything proactive about it. They're not suddenly going to change direction because one numpty, who is in a minority of actually liking the current regime, is sitting on Newcastle-Online acting like a prissy bitch.

Heza not sure how you get on that supporters panel but it was set up either last year or in the summer,  i think its something all clubs have to have as part of their PL charter,  think it was previously a talkin shop and nothing really happened as a result of the meeting,  if you look on true faith's website they've got reports from all the meetings as someone who writes for TF is on the panel, i think that it how NUSC got in, they basically new the meeting was on and gatecrashed as they hadn't had any response from the club regarding them having contact with the club,  bit drastic and ott but seems to have worked.  I've no idea how the panel was selected in the first place as i've never seen it advertised anyway for people to volunteer.