NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

Why, have a load of mongs gone on there and slagged him off?

Yeah it's full of mongs slagging off Ryder the mong for taking the side Llambias the mong!

Is there really any need to call people mongs for criticising Ryder's journalism?

So what was funny about the comments then? I can only see someone quoting Monty Python and someone do the Coalition of United Newcastle Team Supporters thing, but totally f*** it up by putting "Fans" instead of "Supporters" and also missing out "Team". f*** me, that's hilarious, isn't it!?!   :mackems:

So I can only assume that you find it hilarious because people have criticised Ryder's journalism and if you're entitled to find that funny, then I'm entitled to ask the question:

"Why, have a load of mongs gone on there and slagged him off?"

and it was a question as I hadn't read it beforehand, you could have simply answered: "No, but some of the comments are funny", if that had been the case, but it wasn't was it, some mongs had indeed slagged him off and you'd hoped that everyone would have gone "Oh yes macphisto, we all agree with you those comments are comedy genius.", but that didn't happen and now you've got all upset and offended about my use of a mildly insulting term. Never mind, have a keyring, that'll make everything all better.

Yes, I know, how condescending of me, I'm disappointed in myself, I really am. :nods:

There?s a lot of hysteria in that answer, are you OK? Do you really think I posted so that everyone would have gone "Oh yes macphisto, we all agree with you those comments are comedy genius.",? All I can do is plead guilty to that one.

Actually the real reason for posting it is that I did find some of the remarks such as the Monty Python one and  for example the reference to Steven Taylor quite humorous together with the whole awkwardness of a blog where people openly disagree with the writer! Very Alan Partridge!

Yes I could have responded to your question as "No, but some of the comments are funny" just like you could have responded to my question in a more adult fashion. Maybe it?s just different moral standards but I just find it sad that you call people mongs without first having a look at what they said. You want to be careful that you don?t become what you mock.

I?ll give the NUSC keyring a miss as I?m quite happy with my Handala one for now!

Fair enough, but you have mistaken hysteria for cynicism and a profound weariness of this whole situation. I'm tired of having to argue against people who are impervious to logic and are driven purely by emotion, who are determined to act, yet have not considered the consequences of their actions, who want the best for the club, but haven't thought about it long enough to know what that is. So given that, you're just going to have to forgive me (or not), if the language I use to describe some of the more extreme members of that group is a little colourful and derogatory. Anyway, do you not find it just a little hypocritical to have a go at me for rudely criticising people that you were lording for doing the exact same thing? I'd be a bit wary of getting up on your high-horse, just at the moment.

That?s what being a football supporter is all about. If it wasn?t people wouldn?t fork out large amounts of money to watch 22 blokes kick a ball around in sub zero temperatures, for two hours.

You?re whole stance on Ashley is based on the assumption supporters are Vulcans, that they shouldn?t respond to what?s going on at the club in an emotional way.

So the emotional nature of football supporting absolves NUSC of the necessity to apply some intelligence to what they are doing, or makes them immune to honest criticism?

Vehement abuse, on the other hand, is very much a part of football supporting, so by your own "logic" you should be applauding Indi's ruder utterances.

Why, have a load of mongs gone on there and slagged him off?

Yeah it's full of mongs slagging off Ryder the mong for taking the side Llambias the mong!

Is there really any need to call people mongs for criticising Ryder's journalism?

So what was funny about the comments then? I can only see someone quoting Monty Python and someone do the Coalition of United Newcastle Team Supporters thing, but totally f*** it up by putting "Fans" instead of "Supporters" and also missing out "Team". f*** me, that's hilarious, isn't it!?!   :mackems:

So I can only assume that you find it hilarious because people have criticised Ryder's journalism and if you're entitled to find that funny, then I'm entitled to ask the question:

"Why, have a load of mongs gone on there and slagged him off?"

and it was a question as I hadn't read it beforehand, you could have simply answered: "No, but some of the comments are funny", if that had been the case, but it wasn't was it, some mongs had indeed slagged him off and you'd hoped that everyone would have gone "Oh yes macphisto, we all agree with you those comments are comedy genius.", but that didn't happen and now you've got all upset and offended about my use of a mildly insulting term. Never mind, have a keyring, that'll make everything all better.

Yes, I know, how condescending of me, I'm disappointed in myself, I really am. :nods:

There’s a lot of hysteria in that answer, are you OK? Do you really think I posted so that everyone would have gone "Oh yes macphisto, we all agree with you those comments are comedy genius.",? All I can do is plead guilty to that one.

Actually the real reason for posting it is that I did find some of the remarks such as the Monty Python one and  for example the reference to Steven Taylor quite humorous together with the whole awkwardness of a blog where people openly disagree with the writer! Very Alan Partridge!

Yes I could have responded to your question as "No, but some of the comments are funny" just like you could have responded to my question in a more adult fashion. Maybe it’s just different moral standards but I just find it sad that you call people mongs without first having a look at what they said. You want to be careful that you don’t become what you mock.

I’ll give the NUSC keyring a miss as I’m quite happy with my Handala one for now!

Fair enough, but you have mistaken hysteria for cynicism and a profound weariness of this whole situation. I'm tired of having to argue against people who are impervious to logic and are driven purely by emotion, who are determined to act, yet have not considered the consequences of their actions, who want the best for the club, but haven't thought about it long enough to know what that is. So given that, you're just going to have to forgive me (or not), if the language I use to describe some of the more extreme members of that group is a little colourful and derogatory. Anyway, do you not find it just a little hypocritical to have a go at me for rudely criticising people that you were lording for doing the exact same thing? I'd be a bit wary of getting up on your high-horse, just at the moment.

That’s what being a football supporter is all about. If it wasn’t people wouldn’t fork out large amounts of money to watch 22 blokes kick a ball around in sub zero temperatures, for two hours.

You’re whole stance on Ashley is based on the assumption supporters are Vulcans, that they shouldn’t respond to what’s going on at the club in an emotional way.

That's all true until the point when they put in a serious effort to influence the running of the club, at which time the need to start learning to mind-meld and go around saying "Live long and prosper". Fans are great when they're fans, it's when they start thinking that they can run a multimillion pound business and still behave like fans talking in the pub, that they become really annoying.

Fans are great when they're fans, it's when they start thinking that they can run a multimillion pound business and still behave like fans talking in the pub, that they become really annoying.

Ashley?

Fans are great when they're fans, it's when they start thinking that they can run a multimillion pound business and still behave like fans talking in the pub, that they become really annoying.

Ashley?

to be fair, he's doing the exact opposite of what indi says, or were you being ironic?

I think the nusc have uncovered an inadvertant admission from llambias, that nufc, is purely a money making racket for ashley.  Its rather cool, that hes now realise hes going to lose money, while they run the club into the ground.

THanks to the lads at nusc, for not following the rest of the sheep, and having the sense to question the propaganda from on high!

Keep it up lads)

I think the nusc have uncovered an inadvertant admission from llambias, that nufc, is purely a money making racket for ashley.  Its rather cool, that hes now realise hes going to lose money, while they run the club into the ground.

THanks to the lads at nusc, for not following the rest of the sheep, and having the sense to question the propaganda from on high!

Keep it up lads)

I've been trying to keep out of this for a while now but EH?! Ashley has taken no money from the club and it's actually costing him a fortune every season, I don't understand how you can call that a money making racket. Or have I just been whooshed massively?

Ashley?

That's a good point, but hopefully Ashley has learned his lesson.

I think Indi has put it well though. It's why I've never been convinced about the idea of a fans' representative sitting on the Board, with this or any other football club.

I thought Llambias said Bassong was a wise signing?  (sorry if this has been posted)

“Personally it has been a good season for me, but if my team goes down there is no way I can say it has been a good season,”

“I will give it everything to keep Newcastle United in the Premiership. I think we deserve to stay up. It’s a big club with some great players, but we have been hurt very badly by injuries.”

“When I arrived Kevin Keegan warned me it could be a long time until I played in the first team, or it could be very quick. It came very quickly because I took my chance when it came.”

“I came to Newcastle because my agent knew Kevin Keegan and my agent told him he had me and that I was a good player at Metz.”

“Kevin Keegan had seen me play one or two times for France Under-21s and he asked my agent if I could come for a trial to see how I was with my teammates and how I felt about living in England.”

“After the trial, Kevin Keegan was happy, the staff were happy, so I signed. It was a big thrill for me when someone of Kevin Keegan’s stature wanted to sign me.”

“I was sad when he went, but even though I’m young I have experienced this sort of thing before.”

I thought Llambias said Bassong was a wise signing?  (sorry if this has been posted)

Personally it has been a good season for me, but if my team goes down there is no way I can say it has been a good season,

I will give it everything to keep Newcastle United in the Premiership. I think we deserve to stay up. Its a big club with some great players, but we have been hurt very badly by injuries.

When I arrived Kevin Keegan warned me it could be a long time until I played in the first team, or it could be very quick. It came very quickly because I took my chance when it came.

I came to Newcastle because my agent knew Kevin Keegan and my agent told him he had me and that I was a good player at Metz.

Kevin Keegan had seen me play one or two times for France Under-21s and he asked my agent if I could come for a trial to see how I was with my teammates and how I felt about living in England.

After the trial, Kevin Keegan was happy, the staff were happy, so I signed. It was a big thrill for me when someone of Kevin Keegans stature wanted to sign me.

I was sad when he went, but even though Im young I have experienced this sort of thing before.

Keegan was a massive draw for players, but that doesn't mean he had the time or ability to go and find them.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but has anyone read Ryder's latest blog on NUSC? http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/03/nusc-in-change-of-direction.html#more

I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of the article as basically I'm pro NUSC/anti-Ashley and there's no point getting into a discussion on here as the level of debate in the football forum is dire at the moment. When compared to the level of debate in the general chat forum, there's just no comparison.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastle’s plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

If he is I'm flabbergasted that someone can blame the fans for us being in relegation dogfight. Never thought I'd see the day when I would have both Sheppard AND Oliver back!!!

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but has anyone read Ryder's latest blog on NUSC? http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/03/nusc-in-change-of-direction.html#more

I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of the article as basically I'm pro NUSC/anti-Ashley and there's no point getting into a discussion on here as the level of debate in the football forum is dire at the moment. When compared to the level of debate in the general chat forum, there's just no comparison.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastle’s plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

If he is I'm flabbergasted that someone can blame the fans for us being in relegation dogfight. Never thought I'd see the day when I would have both Sheppard AND Oliver back!!!

Nah.

Even if you do read it that way, then you can't ignore that he's blaming the owners for causing the fans' reaction and therefore the responsibility would ultimately lie at their door.

I have to say that to pick out that rather tenuous interpretation and ignore the rest of what was said suggests that you might possibly have an agenda against the writer, wonder why that might be? You did see the quote from Keegan didn't you, why no accusations sent in his direction?

I don't think he is no, I think he's saying you just have to try and get the right balance with Newcastle fans, and he's right. If you don't you end up with the problems we have now. But you can't bow to the fans every whim else we have the problems we have with the last guy who picks managers to please the fans rather than to run the club and then fires them just as quick again to please the fans.

Nah.

Even if you do read it that way, then you can't ignore that he's blaming the owners for causing the fans' reaction and therefore the responsibility would ultimately lie at their door.

I have to say that to pick out that rather tenuous interpretation and ignore the rest of what was said suggests that you might possibly have an agenda against the writer, wonder why that might be? You did see the quote from Keegan didn't you, why no accusations sent in his direction?

Do I have an agenda? Not trying to be smart or anything but it depends on the interpretation of agenda. I think Ryder is a very poor journalist but I have nothing against him as really the Chronicle has had its day in my opinion.

You're right that ultimately blame would lie with Ashley for causing the bad feeling amongst the fans but the way I read the paragraph I pointed out it was saying that the negativity from fans was transferring itself to the pitch which is why we're now in a relegation fight.

It may be a short paragraph on a theme not central to his blog but sometimes these small snippets reveal a lot!

Reason I posted is that I wanted to see if I read it correctly, nothing more. I ignored the rest as in my opinion the rest isn't worth commenting on and as I said I wouldn't get into a discussion with Ashley sympathisers (which is how the thread would go if I brought up the other issues) as I haven't got a lot of time for them. Just as they probably haven't got a lot of time for my views. None of us are going change our positions.

With regards to Keegan’s comment, he may have had a go at the fans in the past when we’ve gone through a sticky spell but I very much doubt he would blame the fans for being in a relegation dog fight.

There’s only two reasons for being in a relegation fight; poor players or a poor manager, a mixture of both.

Guest fading star

Lee’s clearly still in a huff. He can dish it out, but he can’t take it.

What he needs to do is get his mates at SJP to publish a transcript of the supporters panel meeting. Then he can say “They are just the facts so people can make up their own mind up”.

You have to ask what Lee as doing at this meeting. He's not a proper supporter, so can we assume he was representing the club? Or did the club invite him along to report on the meeting? Or perhaps it just coincidence he invited himself along the one and only time the chairman actually turned up.

Lee Ryder’s integrity has been drawn into question and all he can do is blame the Newcastle United’s relegation standard performances on the negativity of the supporters.

“Try to dictate to that passion like Mike Ashley has .. “ WTF does this mean? It’s literary garbage.

Guest fading star

Nah.

Do I have an agenda? Not trying to be smart or anything but it depends on the interpretation of agenda. I think Ryder is a very poor journalist but I have nothing against him as really the Chronicle has had its day in my opinion.

You're right that ultimately blame would lie with Ashley for causing the bad feeling amongst the fans but the way I read the paragraph I pointed out it was saying that the negativity from fans was transferring itself to the pitch which is why we're now in a relegation fight.

It may be a short paragraph on a theme not central to his blog but sometimes these small snippets reveal a lot!

Reason I posted is that I wanted to see if I read it correctly, nothing more. I ignored the rest as in my opinion the rest isn't worth commenting on and as I said I wouldn't get into a discussion with Ashley sympathisers (which is how the thread would go if I brought up the other issues) as I haven't got a lot of time for them. Just as they probably haven't got a lot of time for my views. None of us are going change our positions.

With regards to Keegan’s comment, he may have had a go at the fans in the past when we’ve gone through a sticky spell but I very much doubt he would blame the fans for being in a relegation dog fight.

There’s only two reasons for being in a relegation fight; poor players or a poor manager, a mixture of both.

You read it right. Lee is blaming the way supporters have reacted to the Mikes’ ‘eventful stint in charge’ for the team’s failings, not how Mike has actually run the club. Selling your best players and appointing a joke manager with a dicky heart has nothing to do with NUFC staring relegation in the face according to Lee.

Nah.

You read it right. Lee is blaming the way supporters have reacted to the Mikes’ ‘eventful stint in charge’ for the team’s failings, not how Mike has actually run the club. Selling your best players and appointing a joke manager with a dicky heart has nothing to do with NUFC staring relegation in the face according to Lee.

if milner and n'zogbia were our best players we are in even more shit than i thought.

Nah.

Sold our best players?, like who?

Nah.

N'Zogbia, I guess.  Strange how so many people rate N'Zogbia now that he's left...

Nah.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2006/12/11/given_367x470.jpg

One of our best players.

Nah.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2006/12/11/given_367x470.jpg

One of our best players.

best player...singular....you said players.

Yes very strange isn't it, he did fuck all here and he's doing fuck all at Wigan.  He wouldn't get in my team at the moment even with the injuries.

We've sold one of our best players, one decent player and one waste of space.  Also all of them asked to leave.

Given had been grumbling about the club periodically for some time before, but I reckon what made the difference in January was that he was offered a megabucks deal by Man City. He knew that if he didn't take the offer then and there, there was a good chance that City would have been signing Buffon or some other big name in the summer. For him, it was now or never.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastles plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

I do blame alot of the fans including myself to some extent, we don't create the atmosphere of old that made St James' a fortress and people are constantly protesting and were even booing the team.

We need sod all this crap and back the team.