NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

Guest Phil K

Pretty much like you were with people who didn't want Robson booted out, eh? ;)

Care to show evidence of that ?

As I recall it, I had been sniped at myself and responded in kind.

Odd how you lot seem to think that you can snipe, but the sniped  AT can't reply.

You think that was the plan with Keegan too then?

I deft anyone to find someone who can blame Ashley for this "plan". Of course he's going to want to make as much as possible if he sells. Didn't we, the supporters, all want him to sell anyway?

You really do have a pie-in-the-sky image of NUFC mate.

Normally when someone wants to sell a club or a business it is actually quite sane to have the club seemingly in good health and a viable healthy purchase, in the hands of a man guiding them well.

Please point out where this applies with NUFC if you don't mind. Or do you regard THIS as having a go at you ?

And please note - this is in answer to a little dig FROM you.

Which, if you can bother yourself to recall, was my original point.

Got to say as a member of NUSC have extremely disapponted of the actions of a "so called" leader of the organisation.  While i could imagine thinks could get heated and passions rise to act in that manner is just plain daft and does nothing whatsoever to enhance the repuatation of the group.

The good thing though is that the members of the committee are only on trial and proper elections get made at the end of the season,  Michael Teasdale has just lost any chance he had of getting my vote if he goes up for election.

Apparently

Source?

One of the people who went representing the NUSC. Im aware that it will hardly be believed of course, but ive absolutely no reason to lie and ive never claimed to be "ITK" or anything like that before, I just know someone on the panel.

The issue wouldn't be your credibility, but theirs. Sounds a bit paranoid to me, and doesn't seem to square with the timing of Given's transfer request.

fits well with shay saying that our board 'made him do some things he didnt want to do' though doesnt it

Guest Ebolarama

This whole NUSC thing seems about as well-organised as the actual team do on the pitch at the moment.

Pure hilarity.

As i said in a thread before, for me the most worrying thing about all this is the money for future transfers.

If as Llambais says, the club is running at a loss, Ashley will only put about £10m in the pot and we are getting the Milner money in dribs and drabs and the club won't borrow any money. Where are the funds going to come from? We have a major rebuilding job on in the summer (whether we go down or not). Our so called star striker is going for nowt, we still need to address the midfield and what happens if someone comes knocking for Bassong or Coloccini, would anyone be surprised if they were moved on to release funds? (I wouldn't).

It seems that for the forseable future the club is going to be run as bargain basement shop, keep all the overheads down, keep a manager who'll hopefully just manage to keep us in the division but won't let his mouth go about not getting to much funding, then when the first decent offer comes in, get rid of the club.

Now i'm not saying that i don't want Ashley to sell up, but my point is, how long before an offer thats acceptable will come in? It could be years. If we thought we've had it bad in recent seasons, we could be in for a whole new level of mediocrity.

That's just the way i see it like.

I defy anyone to come up with anything that has happened so far that indicates that this is a false description of Ashley's plan.

You think that was the plan with Keegan too then?

I deft anyone to find someone who can blame Ashley for this "plan". Of course he's going to want to make as much as possible if he sells. Didn't we, the supporters, all want him to sell anyway?

Well all evidence would say yes that was his plan when Keegan was here. He didnt back him with any sort of money. There were rumours from day one that he was looking to sell which many people including me didnt believe at the time. Ashley then went on to say that he was looking for local investors to invest in the club and then from this he was selling up! He could easily have taken the heat out of the Keegan situation if he was here for the long term. Even now people are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt even though I think its blindingly obvious that he doesnt care about the club. He used the whole Keegan episode as an excuse to try and get out openly.

It all goes back to him buying the club with out conducting due diligence. At the time I and many other people had a good right to think he must be loaded to buy a club without conducting due diligence. As it turns out I and many other people were wrong, he was simply clueless. You have to be an idiot to buy a club without looking at the books when you havent got bundles of cash to pump into the club!

To be honest I think Keegan's appointment further domonstrates the cluelessness. Keegan was a huge mistake by Ashley and demonstrates how naive he was/is about the running of a football club. Keegan was never going to fit in to the structure that Ashley has put in place (and neither would Redknapp).

For someone so keen on reporting the truth without spin, it seems odd to say...

"a report that has been ridiculed by fans on popular fan website www.newcastle-online.org."

There's plenty of fans arguing with those doing the ridiculing Lee.

Why don't you do a piece arguing against the points made in the report rather than a character assassination on the man who wrote it.  If it's propaganda, you'll have sufficient facts in your armour to do so.  It'd be a story I'd like to read.

The Journal and Chron write-ups are just as "biased" as the NUSC bloke's - pro club and Lllambias with a token bit about his apology - they befit their new role as Llambias' lickspittels.

They dare not raise the "concerns" Ryder refers to for fear of being cut off again - cowards.

The Journal and Chron write-ups are just as "biased" as the NUSC bloke's - pro club and Lllambias with a token bit about his apology - they befit their new role as Llambias' lickspittels.

They dare not raise the "concerns" Ryder refers to for fear of being cut off again - cowards.

That may be but they have the advantage of being trained journalists and they can string a few sentences together without sounding much like a 6 year old. And they have the added advantage of an audience of whatever the paper's circulation is. Unless NUSC can find a similar outlet and better "reporters" they'll always be at a disadvantage unless they put their views across in a more readable and grown up fashion. The worry for them must be that if the local press have turned against them they'll soon  be struggling to get their points across.

Guest toonlass

There is (or was) also a difference between an opinion piece/blog entry and an objective report of what happened. Ryder's is clearly opinion, I'm not sure which category the NUSC report falls into.

And the True Faith one?

There is (or was) also a difference between an opinion piece/blog entry and an objective report of what happened. Ryder's is clearly opinion, I'm not sure which category the NUSC report falls into.

And the True Faith one?

Not sure, I haven't read it in depth... obviously none of the parties have any real pressure to be impartial and objective anyway. As long as we don't treat any of them as gospel then I suppose it's not a major problem.

NUSC have an agenda (not to get anyone out before anyone starts, but to strive for positive change).

The Chronicle are supposed to be impartial.

Whichever context they were put in, worrying comments made by Llambias that were on the whole accurate have found their way into the public domain only thanks to the voluntary work being done by the NUSC.

Comments that the Chronicle has failed to report in almost a fortnight, despite having a paid presence at the same meeting.

I don't see how he can call himself a journalist.

Ryders piece in parts is just as childish and petty as the NUSC piece to be fair,  putting in daft bits like he hasn't seen Teasdale cracking open a can at 6am on Barrets bus on the way to Grimsby!!

Lee Ryder would be better off making sure his reports that he's paid to produce are correct,  every week i'm reading his stories and always full of mistakes, only this week he was reporting on bahengs comeback from his  ankle injury,  i thought it was pretty common knowledge that Wesley done his cruciate knee ligament,  Ryder should know, he wrote the match report when he got the injury!!

NUSC have an agenda (not to get anyone out before anyone starts, but to strive for positive change).

The Chronicle are supposed to be impartial.

Whichever context they were put in, worrying comments made by Llambias that were on the whole accurate have found their way into the public domain only thanks to the voluntary work being done by the NUSC.

Comments that the Chronicle has failed to report in almost a fortnight, despite having a paid presence at the same meeting.

I don't see how he can call himself a journalist.

I agree the angle Ryder has taken clearly signals a man desperate for the clubs communication in the future.

I believe the current regime had every right to be questioned in the manner they were and I applaud someone for having the balls to do so, instead of these two bob journo's who have no balls when it comes down telling the current board face to face how it is.

And the True Faith one?

i think True faiths report of the meeting is nearer NUSC's version of events the Ryders.

I think the club asked them not to publish it, then when NUSC put up their biased one the club asked them to write a equally biased but opposite one.

But the chronicle did write an equally biased report before the NUSC released theirs.

All the quotes from Lee Ryders original report...

“We want to be solid competitors at the top. That’s the way we’re going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.”

“We’re sorry about the lack of communication, we know we’ve made mistakes.  We were guarded to begin with but we’d made the decision to keep a low profile and got it wrong.

“We didn’t realise the backlash of KK, it was so huge and we were waiting for things to calm down. That didn’t happen.  But I am more than happy to communicate with you. This is a passionate club and we don’t want to change that. We aim to use the local Press;)  ) and supporters’ panel meetings to keep people informed.”

“We have plans for the club and we are taking it forward. When we took over we had repair work to do and holes to fill. That has been huge step. We didn’t think the club had any foundation, there was a poor Academy and we are now building for the future.

“We’re not neglecting the club. We felt during the transfer window that we needed to add to the squad and we did. We were lacking spirit and we feel that adding Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan has addressed that.

“The club has built up a structure for the future. We have a grid that is made up by the manager and it highlights the areas we need to strengthen. We pinpoint a player and then we go out and look at him.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-23007850/

Quotes omitted and only reported later thanks to NUSC...

“We're still paying for some of them now, we won’t clear the debt for those players as it will take us until 2011”

“The club makes £100M a year in revenue of which 76% goes on salaries”

“Just print that we paid £250 Million for the club”

“Xisco was Kevin, don’t believe everything you read in the press, Gonzales was a...well, I won’t go into that because we’ve still got legal issues there”

“If you bring Dennis Wise into this room what are you going to get?  I just mean he’s not very popular”

“Pick your top five players this season and you’ll see that they were Dennis’ players.  All those players are Dennis’, they’ve been picked...sorry, Dennis has brought them in...with the knowledge of the manager”

“We never wanted to lose Shay, we made that clear from January, whatever the price they offered. They came in with £3M and we politely told them to go away. Somehow Shay got it into his head that he wanted to move on because he wanted to win trophies. City then came in with a £5M bid that we rejected but then ...when a player decides they want to go it’s very, very difficult. We offered Shay a new contract that would take him to the age of 39 but that wasn’t good enough.  Maybe we could have matched the contract with City, which we just couldn’t afford”.

“Once they came in with a £5M bid we then looked at their team. We tried for their right back, Michael Johnson, Elano on loan to get the deal that suited NUFC. Unfortunately it was difficult. We got £5.9M plus add-ons, not paid until 1st of July.  We asked Man city for £15M thinking they would just go away but they got away cheaply, was it good business on our part? Not really ‘cos we never wanted to lose the player cheaply”

“Our commercial side is important, we’ll be out there from March trying to bring in better sources of revenue. Our revenue on retail is down because the economy is suffering, our revenue on food and beverage, we’re quite happy with that. We’d like to expand our brand and we’ve taken on commercial directors”

“Do we need to spend £200k a year on PR? We did have a PR agency, they’ve just been fired”.

“Let’s make a comparison with the rest of the league, everywhere is down other than the big boys”.

“If we are short 3,500 seats that is reflected everywhere in the North East. People are struggling to pay for tickets

“it would cost more than £12 (per person) in administration to [return the vat on season tickets]”

“All they (those who signed for 3 years) were doing was guaranteeing a frozen price”.

“If I could tell you the number of top class manager’s banging on my door right now...Top, top”.

There's an incredibly clear delineation there between the propaganda and factual/stupid stuff.

I'm far more inclined to believe Ryder's version of the story than the NUSC one, and it's harly hindsight. The NUSC report reeks of their agenda which doesn't in any way look like one of compromise or reconciliation with the board. Not that they should have to if they feel it is wrong, but their unwillingness to discuss issues with Llambias with any attempt at understanding the club's position just makes them look infantile.

I think the club asked them not to publish it, then when NUSC put up their biased one the club asked them to write a equally biased but opposite one.

But the chronicle did write an equally biased report before the NUSC released theirs.

All the quotes from Lee Ryders original report...

“We want to be solid competitors at the top. That’s the way we’re going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.”

“We’re sorry about the lack of communication, we know we’ve made mistakes.  We were guarded to begin with but we’d made the decision to keep a low profile and got it wrong.

“We didn’t realise the backlash of KK, it was so huge and we were waiting for things to calm down. That didn’t happen.  But I am more than happy to communicate with you. This is a passionate club and we don’t want to change that. We aim to use the local Press;)  ) and supporters’ panel meetings to keep people informed.”

“We have plans for the club and we are taking it forward. When we took over we had repair work to do and holes to fill. That has been huge step. We didn’t think the club had any foundation, there was a poor Academy and we are now building for the future.

“We’re not neglecting the club. We felt during the transfer window that we needed to add to the squad and we did. We were lacking spirit and we feel that adding Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan has addressed that.

“The club has built up a structure for the future. We have a grid that is made up by the manager and it highlights the areas we need to strengthen. We pinpoint a player and then we go out and look at him.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-23007850/

Quotes omitted and only reported later thanks to NUSC...

“We're still paying for some of them now, we won’t clear the debt for those players as it will take us until 2011”

“The club makes £100M a year in revenue of which 76% goes on salaries”

“Just print that we paid £250 Million for the club”

“Xisco was Kevin, don’t believe everything you read in the press, Gonzales was a...well, I won’t go into that because we’ve still got legal issues there”

“If you bring Dennis Wise into this room what are you going to get?  I just mean he’s not very popular”

“Pick your top five players this season and you’ll see that they were Dennis’ players.  All those players are Dennis’, they’ve been picked...sorry, Dennis has brought them in...with the knowledge of the manager”

“We never wanted to lose Shay, we made that clear from January, whatever the price they offered. They came in with £3M and we politely told them to go away. Somehow Shay got it into his head that he wanted to move on because he wanted to win trophies. City then came in with a £5M bid that we rejected but then ...when a player decides they want to go it’s very, very difficult. We offered Shay a new contract that would take him to the age of 39 but that wasn’t good enough.  Maybe we could have matched the contract with City, which we just couldn’t afford”.

“Once they came in with a £5M bid we then looked at their team. We tried for their right back, Michael Johnson, Elano on loan to get the deal that suited NUFC. Unfortunately it was difficult. We got £5.9M plus add-ons, not paid until 1st of July.  We asked Man city for £15M thinking they would just go away but they got away cheaply, was it good business on our part? Not really ‘cos we never wanted to lose the player cheaply”

“Our commercial side is important, we’ll be out there from March trying to bring in better sources of revenue. Our revenue on retail is down because the economy is suffering, our revenue on food and beverage, we’re quite happy with that. We’d like to expand our brand and we’ve taken on commercial directors”

“Do we need to spend £200k a year on PR? We did have a PR agency, they’ve just been fired”.

“Let’s make a comparison with the rest of the league, everywhere is down other than the big boys”.

“If we are short 3,500 seats that is reflected everywhere in the North East. People are struggling to pay for tickets

“it would cost more than £12 (per person) in administration to [return the vat on season tickets]”

“All they (those who signed for 3 years) were doing was guaranteeing a frozen price”.

“If I could tell you the number of top class manager’s banging on my door right now...Top, top”.

There's an incredibly clear delineation there between the propaganda and factual/stupid stuff.

Proof if any was needed that Thompson House are in the pocket of Disco Dekka. He's even admitted himself that the quotes are accurate.

Guest VegasToon

I'm far more inclined to believe Ryder's version of the story than the NUSC one, and it's harly hindsight. The NUSC report reeks of their agenda which doesn't in any way look like one of compromise or reconciliation with the board. Not that they should have to if they feel it is wrong, but their unwillingness to discuss issues with Llambias with any attempt at understanding the club's position just makes them look infantile.

:clap:

:clap:

NUSC asked some clear questions & Llambias said a whole lot of nonsense.

He didnt answer why we didnt hold given till the end of the season with Man City offering such a low price.

He didnt answer why they pay out all our money upfront, when other clubs will not do the same.

His quote of "If I could tell you the number of top class manager’s banging on my door right now...Top, top”."

Means he's either lying, doesnt know the definition of a top manager or Ashleys a complete moron for keeping Kinnear on & supposedly offering him a new contract

When someone is as moronic as this id have a hard time wanting to "reconcile" with them also. Look at where we are in the table...i see no proof that we're not being run by morons with little idea as to wtf they're doing in football.

so if we had actually got paid for the players weve sold now would that mean we havent really made a loss this year?

Im self employed and have done that myself, looks like youve made a loss but in reality you havent.

thats the only reason I can see for paying for players upfront and getting money back in later