U23s & Academy

Skirge

I do hope that we have a process in place now to ready the youngsters for our first team, bring them through to development until 18-19, send on loan to Gateshead/Hartlepool/York for a season - move them up to League 1 level if poss, then load to championship before integration with the squad.

I say the local clubs because it gives us a chance to look closely at them. We need to try and use the local clubs as well as support their progress, it's good we started sending players to gateshead, if we get them down there or blyth etc at a young age it gets them ready for competitive football. Development squad is ok but the competitiveness will not be the same.

I would actually like to see us strike up a deal with a club abroad - probs in france/holland :) to loan our promising youngsters out to them to get used to technique based football etc

I do hope that we have a process in place now to ready the youngsters for our first team, bring them through to development until 18-19, send on loan to Gateshead/Hartlepool/York for a season - move them up to League 1 level if poss, then load to championship before integration with the squad.

I say the local clubs because it gives us a chance to look closely at them. We need to try and use the local clubs as well as support their progress, it's good we started sending players to gateshead, if we get them down there or blyth etc at a young age it gets them ready for competitive football. Development squad is ok but the competitiveness will not be the same.

I would actually like to see us strike up a deal with a club abroad - probs in france/holland :) to loan our promising youngsters out to them to get used to technique based football etc

Totally agree with all of that.

Have always thought of this as a good idea. Almost like an exchange programme. We send players to ajax to learn how to play football. They send players to us to learn how to run fast and jump high :) *tongue in cheek*

Have always thought of this as a good idea. Almost like an exchange programme. We send players to ajax to learn how to play football. They send players to us to learn how to run fast and jump high :) *tongue in cheek*

And hoof, you missed out hoof :lol:

Totally agree with all of that.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10187334.THE_INSIDER__Newcastle_could_still_achieve_top_academy_status/

THE INSIDER: Newcastle could still achieve top academy status

Saturday 26th January 2013

DESPITE reports yesterday suggesting Newcastle United had once again missed out on Category One status in the Premier League's Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) academy categorisation, the Insider has learned that a final decision will not be taken until the end of the season.

Last July, Sunderland and Middlesbrough were awarded Category One status, while Newcastle were initially graded as Category Two, a situation that had the potential to seriously hamper their ability to attract young English players.

The Magpies appealed against the decision, and the Premier League effectively granted them a grace period to make some changes before another assessment.

That is why Newcastle United are playing in the new Barclays Under-21 Premier League, a competition that is only supposed to be open to Category One clubs.

Yesterday, a series of reports emerged suggesting Newcastle had once again failed to achieve Category One status following a reassessment process.

However, The Insider can reveal those reports are incorrect as Newcastle are not due to be assessed until later in the season.

A decision is expected before the end of the campaign, and Newcastle officials remain hopeful they will be upgraded to full Category One status.

Newcastle United youngsters to go out on loan deals

Journal Live-5 minutes ago

ALAN Pardew insists that Newcastle's January spending spree does not spell the end of the line for Sammy Ameobi and company at the club. The United ...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/29/newcastle-united-youngsters-to-go-out-on-loan-deals-61634-32700171/

Guest neesy111

Amalfitano is such a pointless signing.

See Dan Gosling.  Free signing so we could develop and sell on at a later date.

Guest neesy111

That's working out well.

:lol:

Stupid policy which has backfired on these 2 players. 

That's working out well.

Not the best example, but the point is fair. Especially when we know Amalfitanos brother was a late bloomer.

from .com

Team: Alnwick, Kitchen, Haidara (Quinn 53), Logan, Tavernier, Desmond, Campbell, Miele (Sterry 66), Heardman (Mitchell 40), Ferguson, Amalfitano.

Subs n/u: McKinnon, Olley.

Sent off: Alnwick 39 - deliberate handball, James Sterry