U23s & Academy

Skirge

It's to be expected, Bedlington have a decent and much more experienced team:

Bedlington Terriers: Jack Norton, Craig Baxter, Phil Cave, Chris Carr, Richard Pell, Adam Wilkinson, Mark Convery, Mark Doninger, Philip Bannister, Colin Morton, Steven Bowie ©

Aye, I went to see Durham City v Bedlington a couple of weeks ago, couldn't belive how many ex NUFC/Heed players in the Bedlington team.

Most humorous thing was Martin Brittain being left on the bench for them

Bedlington the better side and deserved it.  Some NUFC players barely looked interested.  Felt sorry for Campbell, tried his heart out.

Ferguson's free kick was excellent but he got a bit naughty towards the end down in the corner next to me. 

No wonder when you have coaches like Steve "kick it longer" Stone taking the first team, reserves probably don't want to step up.

It isn't much better for the U21s/U18s.

And having a former defender as reserve manager is just utterly turgid. Not just that, but he's Scottish too. He'll have as much of a philosophy about football as I have about spiders.

Needs a big clearout before we completely waste the little talent we have available in the lower ranks.

And having a former defender as reserve manager is just utterly turgid. Not just that, but he's Scottish too. He'll have as much of a philosophy about football as I have about spiders.

Needs a big clearout before we completely waste the little talent we have available in the lower ranks.

You're clearly talking bollocks btw as the reserves do actually play some very good football. A lot of one touch passing and moving which is totally different to the first team. The contrast was even more apparent earlier on in the season when we were playing a lot of route one stuff and our reserves played a completely different style to this.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yup.

Sure he's an old coach, believes a lot in the physical training approach, but he does encourage and allow players to play their natural game.

Why are you always putting down Scots?! Plenty of defenders have positive playing styles as managers too, what's that all about?

Why are you always putting down Scots?! Plenty of defenders have positive playing styles as managers too, what's that all about?

I know, that part was sort of tongue in cheek (any reasonable Scottish coaches will flee to England, for good reason). I'm just worried at the quality of youngster we are producing and how we seem to be letting a lot of them stagnate. Really worrying. His speciality is always going to be on the defensive side and would need to be backed up by a solid attacking coach (which me may or may not have).

I know, that part was sort of tongue in cheek (any reasonable Scottish coaches will flee to England, for good reason). I'm just worried at the quality of youngster we are producing and how we seem to be letting a lot of them stagnate. Really worrying. His speciality is always going to be on the defensive side and would need to be backed up by a solid attacking coach (which me may or may not have).

So you're just ignoring mine and OCK's posts that contradict everything you've said?