U23s & Academy

Skirge

You can see how bad our system is by how many of our youth and reserve players have completely dropped out of league football after being released by us, the northern league seems to be the norm for most of them.

Aye. The batch that had Forster, Edgar, Huntington, Taylor, Ramage, Carroll, Troisi, Kazenga etc were often written off as crap and it's easily the most successful crop of youngsters we've had in fucking ages based upon where the ones that left ended up.

Shared flights with the SAFC u18 squad both ways between Newcastle and Amsterdam, on our way to the Schalke tournament. One of the cabin crew lasses was going through the plane with a bag asking "Any rubbish"? I said there's about 25 of them up the back.

I see we've got them away in the morning. 1st game of the season.

Shared flights with the SAFC u18 squad both ways between Newcastle and Amsterdam, on our way to the Schalke tournament. One of the cabin crew lasses was going through the plane with a bag asking "Any rubbish"? I said there's about 25 of them up the back.

:lol: Mint.

• 2 weeks later...

Scored 5 and come from behind. Pardew is probably crying.

Or trying to take the credit for it.

"Well the lads are desperate to impress and stake a claim, I thank myself for improving the squad and creating this competitive environment"

• 3 weeks later...