U23s & Academy

Skirge

So Pardew wants Marv, Obertan, Jonas and Hatem gone, yet they aren't given games to keep up fitness or just to be able to play. Is that not petty beyond belief.

It's pretty standard, I think.

Which is weird, surely keeping the players fitness up-ish, and they're experience can only help the youngsters in the U21's.

And why when Marv was first signed but not fit, did he play for the U21's to get some fitness, now Pardew wants him out he gets no playing time at any level. Something is just not right.

NUFC don't want any of them to pick up a bad injury which would stop them moving on. They are training, just not playing in friendlies.

Guest bimpy474

So Pardew wants Marv, Obertan, Jonas and Hatem gone, yet they aren't given games to keep up fitness or just to be able to play. Is that not petty beyond belief.

It's pretty standard, I think.

Which is weird, surely keeping the players fitness up-ish, and they're experience can only help the youngsters in the U21's.

And why when Marv was first signed but not fit, did he play for the U21's to get some fitness, now Pardew wants him out he gets no playing time at any level. Something is just not right.

NUFC don't want any of them to pick up a bad injury which would stop them moving on. They are training, just not playing in friendlies.

You can get injured in training though, see Ryan Taylor for that. I think it's just vindictive actions to get the players to leave, you'll only get football if you go type of thing.

You can get injured in training though, see Ryan Taylor for that. I think it's just vindictive actions to get the players to leave, you'll only get football if you go type of thing.

Players can get injured in training but playing in matches increases the chances of picking up an injury.

The squad that is going out to play in Germany was on my flight earlier, dent look very old if it's the under 21 lot. Didn't recognise any of the players either. Brool story.

Guest Roger Kint

The squad that is going out to play in Germany was on my flight earlier, dent look very old if it's the under 21 lot. Didn't recognise any of the players either. Brool story.

You didnt get on the flight heading to the Milk Cup instead did you? All our really young ones were heading there around now

U-21 squad is playing in a tournament in Germany according to .com

won our first game against Eintracht Frankfurt 1-0

Guest reefatoon

Wasn't exactly a great solo goal, the ball bobbles between him and every defender he runs near.  A cracking finish at the end though.

Surprised to see Arsenal in Div 2.

They basically split last year's league in half, then bumped two teams up to make room for Derby and Brighton (new Level 1 academies). I knew Arsenal didn't do well last year, but I'd forgotten about Villa. We were pretty much the best team the year before, but were in the middle last year and only went into Div 1 because of the two new clubs.

In our case, we pretty much loaned out everybody who would have been in the U21s. I presume Villa and Arsenal were the same. It's difficult to judge from results, because you can play three overage players too.

An NUFC XI will play Blyth Spartans at Croft Park on Friday night, ko 7.30 and admission £5 / £2.

Likely to be a young line-up but wouldn't be surprised to see a few fringe players thrown in there as well.