U23s & Academy

Skirge

This club has no moral fibre whatsoever and I don't see why Charnley doesn't get just as much abuse as Ashley - he is complicit in everything in this case including mock meetings and investigations with those involved - he must also be kingpin in shuffling the premiership money around from within.... bullet 2 imo

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT that is a load of nonsense and even more so, before even attempting to write something like that, you simply have to read the judgement (it's linked in this thread) to understand the facts.

I have eventually read it, I initially assumed the monkey reference was in relation to the Go Ape thing and not a whole new charge. The whole report is damning and actually sickening. He’s clearly a racist and a bully. Horrible rancid man! I take back what I said!

Guest covmag

Just read the reserves played in front of the lowest crowd in memory at SJP

champion, can’t believe 343 even bothered, why would you  :lol:

Charnley's quote this morning-

"We want to be the best academy in the region. Our vision is we want local boys to look at it and think it’s not going to be full of boys from London, Manchester or abroad. Between nine and 16, it will be an academy with boys predominantly from the local area. There will be exceptions but generally, it will be local."

Watch out Consett, Wickham and Horden Colliery Welfare we are coming for your best players

"We want to be the best academy in the region. Our vision is we want local boys to look at it and think it’s not going to be full of boys from London, Manchester or abroad. Between nine and 16, it will be an academy with boys predominantly from the local area. There will be exceptions but generally, it will be local."

Watch out Consett, Wickham and Horden Colliery Welfare we are coming for your best players

Playing on the geordie narrative heavily with this absolute tripe. Let’s hobble ourselves for no reason other than it’s cheap to do so. The Mike Ashley way folks.

They may well be our closest competition by the time CUNT leaves.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s not even the best in Newcastle, some of the grassroots boys/girls clubs have better coaches, better facilities and better kids who NUFC end up taking a good few on and many a time stunt their development. Had personal experience with that side of things (over a decade ago mind to be fair) and know of many stories similar even today. The mackems and Boro’s academies and programmes pisses all over NUFC’s in so many ways it embarrassing.

But the club - like with supporters - play their Geordie loyalty card. I wouldn’t send my kid to Newcastle over Sunderland or  if given the choice and if I could help it, I would first try and get him a level of coaching/standard at least on a par with the club’s so as not to send him there at all.

Hopefully Gateshead’s set up gets going fully soon and they reach decent standards which I’m confident will be the case given the people involved and some of their plans and schemes. I’d honestly rather send my son there than Newcastle United.

It’s not even the facilities, it’s the standard of coaching, it’s the level of development and the environment.

I do hope, however, this area of the club does improve because it’s an area where young kids can really benefit being part of regardless of any design to churn out future professionals.

If managing NUFC was a civic duty to Sir Bobby as he once said, it’s the club’s civic duty to reach out to young coaches and kids at grassroots level and to provide this level of the game an environment in which everyone can access, use, benefit from and be part of to develop the game in Newcastle, to help kids develop skills and not just on the pitch either.

If I owned NUFC I’d rather spend 50m on the Academy, pitches, coaches, facilities, programmes and partnerships with schools and kids clubs every season than any one player for the first-team.

Guest godzilla

Playing on the geordie narrative heavily with this absolute tripe. Let’s hobble ourselves for no reason other than it’s cheap to do so. The Mike Ashley way folks.

Does it matter where any kids come from as long as they have the right talent and future prospects, which is the whole point. Typical Charnley absolutely fucking clueless.

Guest Howaythetoon

Does it matter where any kids come from as long as they have the right talent and future prospects, which is the whole point. Typical Charnley absolutely fucking clueless.

I think all clubs need to have a certain higher percentage of home grown kids from the region especially the most, but must also have a percentage that still allows for kids outside of the region and indeed the country to fill. I think scholarship programmes like how the USA operates would be a good system to implement and maybe hooking up with lower league/non league clubs within a 60 mile radius.

That said, if my son was at NUFC’s academy and say Liverpool wanted him, if it was good for his development I’d not want some quota/rule blocking him or denying him a chance. The key of course is for say NUFC to be so good and the environment so better at this level regardless of how good the first-team is or not or successful or not that say my kid, would be better off at than anywhere else.

Again they don’t need state of the art facilities the most, they need top coaching, better pitches, better development programmes and more equality in terms of being in an environment where whatever talent they have will be handled, developed and assisted as equally as anyone else, girl or boy, striker or midfielder, higher or lower skill level and of course and importantly in age, physically and mentally.

That’s where so many grassroots, lower league, non league and boys’ and girls’ clubs do so well at and clubs struggle at, hoping their clout as a NUFC or their academy registered facilities or coaching badges/CVs alone will make the most difference, it doesn’t and never will.

I know right now at 5 my son will be better off at his club playing for his team and being coached by his coaches than at Newcastle United who could only ever at this point provide additional or extra coaching/games etc.

The Longstaff brothers aren’t even a product of the academy, they played for North Shields Athletic. The majority of their development was with them before Newcastle came in. They only went because obviously overall they had a higher level to play at. This is how far behind our academy is ran. There is no suggestion that they are going to invest in it to bring it up to standard, the best they have done is hire 1 coach and given Shola a fake job due to nepotism and the requirement to have a player speak the party line.

Actually prefer the playing for local teams way. Think it's ridiculous that kids are in academies at like 7 years old and restricted on what they can do outside of that. Far too young to know anything about what will happen.