U23s & Academy

Skirge

Well, that’s his legend status tarnished for me now. Mind, am sure he will be a pin up for the gammon and inbreds among wor lot. 😡

The Chron comments section is going to be depressing.

Some of my "favourites" so far:

height=250https://i.ibb.co/mNv7FrL/IMG-20190919-164059.jpg[/img]

height=200https://i.ibb.co/Y7j7Zm0/IMG-20190919-164041.jpg[/img]

height=250https://i.ibb.co/rpB1xHy/IMG-20190919-164006.jpg[/img]

One of the best players Ive seen in a black and white (or even any colour) shirt.

But what a f*cking shithouse. Never meet your heroes. They will inevitably disappoint.

Also, anyone making the 'that language was normal in his era' bullshit argument...no. It was still unacceptable unless you were an arsehole, enabled by other arseholes.

I don't know why I keep reading the comments on The Chronicle's FB. The idiocy is absolutely staggering. It shouldn't be surprising but I just can't get over how utterly fucking thick some people are. Just so mindnumbingly stupid. This has to be one of the main reasons we have racism. It's not a view or an ideological position. It's just fucking brainlessness. Total numbskullery.

"I call my grandchildren little monkeys all the time but they've got nothing to gain from complaining."

"Called an arsehole an arsehole. Precious prima donnas on high wages."

Gets worse.

Is that an official statement on the case? So not much was actually proven. *Only just read point iii)

i) proven that he said "You should be used to that", but unclear as to how many people he said it to, and in what context it was said. The fact that it is possible he only said it to one person, is evidence that they could not prove he said it to more than one person. Otherwise the statement would read "to more than one person...". With that in mind, anything is possible.

People say "you should be used to that" in relation to many things. It's more often than not used as a piss-take amongst friends, based upon an understanding of each other. I grew up with it and it can sting, sometimes. Maybe it's an element of toxic masculinity, although I'm sure lasses do it too. 

ii) Again, "one or more". And it's unclear, what was said, and to whom. Again anything is possible. Are we all now racist for questioning Oba's age? Are the older among us, harbouring deep-seated racial hatred that has marinated since the days of Julian Joachim? I hope not. Rooney. That's my get out of jail card.

iii) Ah. Righto. Cheers Pedro mate. You fucking dipshit. Still, again there is no context [in that statement] and there remains the possibility that he simply called him a 'cheeky monkey' and there was no intention. * I managed to grasp one straw, not brilliant.

Of course the one context remains, he was found guilty. And with a guilty verdict it's easy to fill in the blanks and imagine the worst possible story.

But howay man. It's Pedro. Stupid fuck at worst, surely?

Peter Beardsley a racist, I think I've heard it all I tell ya. When he was passing him all those goals, Andy Cole never seemed too bothered! Peter probably doesn't even know the meaning of the word 'racist'. It's a good thing the PC snowflake brigade are chasing him now and not in his pomp, cause back then a little shimmy, a drop of the shoulder, and he'd have been off, and the ball would have been in the back of the net, and there'd have been no time to wonder. Nowadays he'd probably sell for £150 million and he'd be the first player to take home £1 million a week, but he was no prima donna. He was just like Lionel Messi, he was skillful like Messi, he could pass the ball like Messi, he could dribble like Messi, and he had a face like a young Lionel Messi. I saw him once in Sainsbury's and he was absolutely no hassle.

Peter Beardsley a racist, I think I've heard it all I tell ya. When he was passing him all those goals, Andy Cole never seemed too bothered! Peter probably doesn't even know the meaning of the word 'racist'. It's a good thing the PC snowflake brigade are chasing him now and not in his pomp, cause back then a little shimmy, a drop of the shoulder, and he'd have been off, and the ball would have been in the back of the net, and there'd have been no time to wonder. Nowadays he'd probably sell for £150 million and he'd be the first player to take home £1 million a week, but he was no prima donna. He was just like Lionel Messi, he was skillful like Messi, he could pass the ball like Messi, he could dribble like Messi, and he had a face like a young Lionel Messi. I saw him once in Sainsbury's and he was absolutely no hassle.

Is this a joke message? Really not sure...

Guy has been found guilty of saying racist things. Doesn’t matter whether he worked with other black people or not or had a high skill at his job

Its no worse than a lot of the stuff our parents say (of my generation, born in 82)I imagine he meant no malice.

It doesn’t matter whether he meant no malice though. My 92 year old grandad knows how to talk in public and what may cause offence

Gets worse.

Is that an official statement on the case? So not much was actually proven. *Only just read point iii)

i) proven that he said "You should be used to that", but unclear as to how many people he said it to, and in what context it was said. The fact that it is possible he only said it to one person, is evidence that they could not prove he said it to more than one person. Otherwise the statement would read "to more than one person...". With that in mind, anything is possible.

People say "you should be used to that" in relation to many things. It's more often than not used as a piss-take amongst friends, based upon an understanding of each other. I grew up with it and it can sting, sometimes. Maybe it's an element of toxic masculinity, although I'm sure lasses do it too. 

ii) Again, "one or more". And it's unclear, what was said, and to whom. Again anything is possible. Are we all now racist for questioning Oba's age? Are the older among us, harbouring deep-seated racial hatred that has marinated since the days of Julian Joachim? I hope not. Rooney. That's my get out of jail card.

iii) Ah. Righto. Cheers Pedro mate. You fucking dipshit. Still, again there is no context [in that statement] and there remains the possibility that he simply called him a 'cheeky monkey' and there was no intention. * I managed to grasp one straw, not brilliant.

Of course the one context remains, he was found guilty. And with a guilty verdict it's easy to fill in the blanks and imagine the worst possible story.

But howay man. It's Pedro. Stupid fuck at worst, surely?

Didn’t realise you were Beardsley’s representative. No wonder he lost.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/discipline-cases/2019/the-fa-v-peter-beardsley---23-25-august-2019.ashx

Just passing comment on the tweet.

Mr De Marco emphasised at the very outset of his opening submissions that these proceedings are not concerned with the question whether Mr Beardsley is a racist.

Fair enough.

The panel explicitly said Beardsley wasn’t a racist, but on three occasions made racist remarks that were serious enough to sanction him. Not sure how what you’ve said follows from that verdict.

He's even got a colour TV!