U23s & Academy

Skirge

I don't understand why the setup is still so poor for identifying and bringing through young players. Pretty shocking stuff.

It's the first thing you want to get right at a club, and in the grand scheme of things doesn't need that much of an outlay and could potentially save and make you loads of money down the road.

I don't understand why the setup is still so poor for identifying and bringing through young players. Pretty shocking stuff.

It's the first thing you want to get right at a club, and in the grand scheme of things doesn't need that much of an outlay and could potentially save and make you loads of money down the road.

But Ashley just doesn't care. It's a bonus for him to neglect areas of the club.

• 6 months later...

So we've totally given up and chosen the makem route to the championship

Not sure there's any problem signing an 18 year old on a free from Liverpool.  Nearly every club does it

Say that again 10 games in to next season when he's started every game and done the square root of f**k all

So we've totally given up and chosen the makem route to the championship

Not sure there's any problem signing an 18 year old on a free from Liverpool.  Nearly every club does it

Say that again 10 games in to next season when he's started every game and done the square root of f**k all

Ahahaha what

Think Bruce's ego will allow him to sign a player then not use him?

El Mohammedy, and Alex Bruce casually wave....

It's an 18 year old getting signed to pad out the U23s. I highly doubt Bruce even bothered to stop munching on his bacon sarnie to have a say in the matter.