Rio Ferdinand

Thespence

he's never shone yet you call him "one of the top 5 in the world easily"

hmmm

I said for England.

For Man United he has been good. Can you name me 5 better centre backs right now? Cannavaro is too old, Nesta the same.

my original point was that he's the best defender in the world. You're making my case for me here

I still believe there are better. I said yes he's one of the top 5 but not the best.

who's better?

Vidic, Puyol, Chilleni to name three.

I dont believe for one second that a guy who knows his football, like you clearly do would have Puyol or Chiellini in your side ahead of Ferdinand

hmmm

I said for England.

For Man United he has been good. Can you name me 5 better centre backs right now? Cannavaro is too old, Nesta the same.

my original point was that he's the best defender in the world. You're making my case for me here

I still believe there are better. I said yes he's one of the top 5 but not the best.

who's better?

I dont believe for one second that a guy who knows his football, like you clearly do would have Puyol or Chiellini in your side ahead of Ferdinand

Subtle sarcasm. I like it! O0

Guest Heneage

hmmm

I said for England.

who's better?

Subtle sarcasm. I like it! O0

If you'd take of them shit sun glasses of yours you'd see I'm right. ;)

hmmm

I said for England.

who's better?

Along side Vidic? Hell yeah, Puyol is a great motivator and could easily offer more than Ferdinand, Ferdinand is a lot calmer, but Puyol has more determination and gives more to the cause. Cheillini is a great physical specimen, is younger than Ferdinand, and reads the game better in my opinion.

Vidic compliments him very well by doing a lot of the dirty work which enables him to look like he coasts through games at times.

Ferdinand looked just as calm and assured alongside a muppet like Silvestre. He does work very well with the more aggressive centre-halves who battle in the air, his partnership with Sol Campbell was world class.

Guest Heneage

Also Chiellini has better goals record so is more of a threat from corners.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3198/2325920887_b206236832.jpg?v=0

All counts at the end of the day, I stated my other reasons so I'm hardly clutching at straws.

Guest firetotheworks

Personally I think people think he's over rated because you never see him really do anything amazing. In my opinion that's whats amazing about him, he doesnt ever seem to need to. Classy as fuck, one of the best in the world.

Like Gary Neville I think Ferdinand is underrated because he is a bit of a knob. World Class centre back.

A lot of people in this thread think he is the best defender in the world, I will file Rio under "Most underrated rated player".

Remember all them plings years ago when Scholes was in his pomp & they used to think they were billy big bollocks telling you "Scholes is underrated" it was fucking cringworthy.

I respect Gary Neville for his obvious passion for Man Utd and total hatred for the Bin Dippers.

That time he ran right up to the away end to taunt Liverpool fans was just brilliant.

:laugh: :thup:

Like Gary Neville I think Ferdinand is underrated because he is a bit of a knob. World Class centre back.

A lot of people in this thread think he is the best defender in the world, I will file Rio under "Most underrated rated player".

Remember all them plings years ago when Scholes was in his pomp & they used to think they were billy big bollocks telling you "Scholes is underrated" it was fucking cringworthy.

In the "real world" I think he is definitely underrated.

Remember all them plings years ago when Scholes was in his pomp & they used to think they were billy big bollocks telling you "Scholes is underrated" it was f***ing cringworthy.

In the "real world" I think he is definitely underrated.

In the "real world" each transfer move of his has broke various records for fee's paid, he gets picked in various best XI at the end of most seasons, so I am not sure which "real world" you are operating in.

I mean "real people" rather than people on the internet. On the whole I think people on the internet are a bit more educated about football (they tend to be on the internet talking about/watching football soo much because of their obsession) and don't just go with what anyone says but in the "real world" a lot of people tend to go along with what they are told and not what they see for themselves.

Thats why I think in the "real world" he is underrated because people think he is a "knobhead" and "shit", like Gary Neville.

I mean "real people" rather than people on the internet. On the whole I think people on the internet are a bit more educated about football (they tend to be on the internet talking about/watching football soo much because of their obsession) and don't just go with what anyone says but in the "real world" a lot of people tend to go along with what they are told and not what they see for themselves.

Thats why I think in the "real world" he is underrated because people think he is a "knobhead" and "s***", like Gary Neville.

Your wrong. Lets clear one thing up most people KNOW Rio is a knobhead, likewise everyone knows he is good defender.  Gary Neville haway man. ...pre-internet people knew the Gary Neville of the 1980's  Phil Neal was a world class right back without getting all the praise the likes of of his his fellow defenders Lawro & Hansen got.

In my real world, I am constantly indoctrinated with the idea that Vidic and Ferdinand are the best two defenders in the world. I don't think I've ever heard any of them criticize him in the last few years o. Rio does have a bad personal reputation, but frankly he's earned it through some of his actions on the pitch and some off. It's not even like Michael Owen, where we are just speculating. We have tangible proof that Rio has done some pretty bad things.

Thats why I think in the "real world" he is underrated because people think he is a "knobhead" and "s***", like Gary Neville.

Your wrong. Lets clear one thing up most people KNOW Rio is a knobhead, likewise everyone knows he is good defender.  Gary Neville haway man. ...pre-internet people knew the Gary Neville of the 1980's  Phil Neal was a world class right back without getting all the praise the likes of of his his fellow defenders Lawro & Hansen got.

Yep I am wrong, you were obviously standing yards away from these conversations and heard the bits I missed :thup:

Yep I am wrong, you were obviously standing yards away from these conversations and heard the bits I missed :thup:

Your "real world" is a overherd conversation, here was me thinking it was debate & chats with your football friends that helped you form your viewpoint. So what was said in the is conversation?