Berbatov

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Heneage

Man U could have bought Santa Cruz for half the price and got more from him.

Silly purchase on their part.

They would have got half the quality as well.

In what area though? We haven't seen Berbatov use his link play at Man United, which is his main strength. RSC is a pure goal scorer, while he offers little outside that, bar decent hold up play he will get you goals. I would like to see how many Santa Cruz would have in that United team.

In what area though? We haven't seen Berbatov use his link play at Man United, which is his main strength. RSC is a pure goal scorer, while he offers little outside that, bar decent hold up play he will get you goals. I would like to see how many Santa Cruz would have in that United team.

:lol:

Is he shite. Alan Shearer was a pure goalscorer. RSC's record isn't even that good over his career.

Is he s****. Alan Shearer was a pure goalscorer. RSC's record isn't even that good over his career.

31 goals in 155 league games at Bayern München.

we have seen Berbatov use his link play at Man Utd imo. hasnt perhaps been as totally central to his side's play as he was for spurs but thats because man utd have other world class players. think he has 9 assists so far this season which is more than anyone else in the league.

Guest Heneage

Is he s****. Alan Shearer was a pure goalscorer. RSC's record isn't even that good over his career.

Oh silly fucking me he's only got 23 in 55 for Blackburn.  :rolleyes:

Berbatov = Traitor

As if you support the Toon as a kid and sign for Man U...even for 30 million quid...still, if he came to the Toon , i would welcome him with open arms

He wasn't a Newcastle supporter as a kid, he did idolise Shearer though.

“Dimitar told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle United one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer, who is my son’s hero.

“Dimitar never missed a Newcastle game when it was on television. And Shearer was up there with Pele as a God for him.”

-----

Another pal, Stefan Damianov, recalled how Berbatov considered himself to be an honorary Geordie as he followed the Toon and grew up in a mining region of Blagoevgrad.

He said: “People in this part of Bulgaria like the Newcastle team especially and identify themselves with the football-mad culture of the people there and loyalty to the team.”

He had one good season for Blackburn.

Guest Heneage

Fergie was prepared to pay over the odds for Berbatov because the one thing his side lacked was a skilful centre-forward type of striker. He completed their jigsaw.

So why is he performing so poorly.

Fergie was prepared to pay over the odds for Berbatov because the one thing his side lacked was a skilful centre-forward type of striker. He completed their jigsaw.

So why is he performing so poorly.

I wouldn't say he was, from what I've seen. He's not very strong, so he does lose the ball more than some other strikers, but on the other hand he can find passes that really open up a defence.

Ultimately the acid test is how the team is doing, and at the moment I'm sure Fergie isn't complaining.

Berbatov = Traitor

As if you support the Toon as a kid and sign for Man U...even for 30 million quid...still, if he came to the Toon , i would welcome him with open arms

How does that make him a traitor? Is Michael Owen a traitor because he doesn't play for Everton, his favorite team(I think)

Sorry my mistake. I'd forgot he'd only played for Blackburn in his career.

• 4 months later...

he's good at playing the lazy b****** but popping up with goals, i'd still have tevez in the team ahead of him personally like

The way Man U have dragged out buying Tevez I doubt they're keeping him. Tevez isn't worth the reported £32m he would cost. That's one of the reasons I could see Man U going for Owen when he is free.

how did you know that??

Guest timmy boy

Did anyone mention just how similar he looks to Vincent Corleone from the Godfather?

Andy Garcia

Berbatov gets a lot of schtick for looking "lazy" when on the pitch but to give him his due: he's total class and part of "being the best" is making it look easy - the mark of a great of the game.

Same with Shola.

Berbatov gets a lot of schtick for looking "lazy" when on the pitch but to give him his due: he's total class and part of "being the best" is making it look easy - the mark of a great of the game.

Same with Shola.

Far from it.  Shola looks lazy, Berbatov makes it look easy, big difference.

Same with Shola.

Far from it.  Shola looks lazy, Berbatov makes it look easy, big difference.

He's brilliant man. Look at his goals against Darlington. Case closed.