Nicky Butt in talking sense shocker!!!

ianovthetoon

Butt is just saying it how it is, we have fallen from a top 6 team to a bottom 6 team!!! Thats quite frightening in just 4 years! Unless something is done a.s.a.p it will only get worse and we might end up being a decent championship side at best, after all we have a manager to suit!!!!

Butt although hated on this forum HAS been one of our better performers this season (not hard!)and don't be surprised if he is a strong contender for our player of the season, can you think of any other player who deserves this award...jonas, not really hasnt scored a single goal, bassong, done brillient and would be my pick imo.

Nicky Butts a f***ing c***

And the fact he can't pass, run or header makes him an even bigger c*** in my eyes. Total waste of time, he should have stayed at Brum, that was his standard at the time and he has only got worse since!

That's a load of bollocks tbh

Spot on. Were "Taff" or "Kryten" at Hull, where Butt held things together single-handed? Were they even at the Everton home game, when he was outstanding? Did they watch the last dozen or so games of last season, when he performed well week in, week out?

Yes, he's nowhere near the player he was, but the abuse he gets on here says far more about this board than him. My advice to him is to get a hair transplant and grow a bubble perm or pony-tail. Then he might get the same easy ride as Colo and Jonas (both vv poor recently) on here.

Nope but watched the whole 90 minutes of both and I didn't think he was partucularly good, just one of the better ones of a bad bunch against Hull, I didn't think he played particularly well against Everton either, but appreciate that as I wasn't at those two games (due to finance) so he may have done a lot of running off the ball that doesn't get picked up by the cameras. I still stick to my guns on this one though, I personally think he's a Championship player.

And the fact he can't pass, run or header makes him an even bigger c*** in my eyes. Total waste of time, he should have stayed at Brum, that was his standard at the time and he has only got worse since!

Spot on. Were "Taff" or "Kryten" at Hull, where Butt held things together single-handed? Were they even at the Everton home game, when he was outstanding? Did they watch the last dozen or so games of last season, when he performed well week in, week out?

Yes, he's nowhere near the player he was, but the abuse he gets on here says far more about this board than him. My advice to him is to get a hair transplant and grow a bubble perm or pony-tail. Then he might get the same easy ride as Colo and Jonas (both vv poor recently) on here.

Then maybe we should drop Colo and Jonas and see if that makes us play better football? It didn't seem to have much effect last season when Keegan had great lads like, Duff, Smith and Milner to call on as well as Butt and Geremi, but because Butt is saying all the right things it must be someoene else's fault that our midfield is s*** and SLOW.

No. I backed up my point with evidence. If you want to forget the fact that Butt contributed plenty to our storming finish to last season (and, judging from your KK reference, you don't recall picking us up 15 points from our last nine games) it's up to you. themanupstairs has hit the nail on the head.

Still, I appreciate you arguing your corner rather than resorting to "Nicky Butt is a f***ing c***" etc etc

Then maybe we should drop Colo and Jonas and see if that makes us play better football? It didn't seem to have much effect last season when Keegan had great lads like, Duff, Smith and Milner to call on as well as Butt and Geremi, but because Butt is saying all the right things it must be someoene else's fault that our midfield is s*** and SLOW.

No. I backed up my point with evidence. If you want to forget the fact that Butt contributed plenty to our storming finish to last season (and, judging from your KK reference, you don't recall picking us up 15 points from our last nine games) it's up to you. themanupstairs has hit the nail on the head.

Still, I appreciate you arguing your corner rather than resorting to "Nicky Butt is a f***ing c***" etc etc

I still haven't forgotten the way he acted in the United game, that's why he is still a **** in my eyes. If he was any good I could have forgiven him with time (like I have with many other players who have gone on to perform to the level expected), but he doesn't deserve the £40k+ a week he is on. So he can talk all he likes, wont make a difference to me.

I appreciate everybody has different view on players, their performance and the way they conduct themselves. That's just life.

His better games are when he's come back from a two week break, or he's in a three man midfield that does less work.

I totally agree, but with Nolan & Guthrie back now and Barton a few weeks off, will Butt even be in our team (if we stay up) next season. You have to think that all the ones mentioned will be above him in the pecking order.

Butt has always come over as a grounded fella. :thup: We've had to rely on him more than we should have this season, as he's clearly not the player he was. However his attitude remains spot on and if more of our lot had the same, then we wouldn't be in the position that we find ourselves in now.

Butt has always come over as a grounded fella. :thup: We've had to rely on him more than we should have this season, as he's clearly not the player he was. However his attitude remains spot on and if more of our lot had the same, then we wouldn't be in the position that we find ourselves in now.

I don't think our players have a bad attitude for the most part, even Butt himself says so in that interview. Could anyone argue for example that Jonas doesn't run his socks off?

I will say it again, the crucial aspect missing is picking a balanced side with players who work together as a team and compliment each other, it's not about individuals.

Therefore, Butt, Geremi, Nolan and Smith can all do a job, just not when they are all part of the same midfield. Unfortunately because they are all model pro's they all get picked and we end up getting shafted by teams who are collectively more effective.

Guest fading star

He’s lost the proverbial half a yard. He sees the tackle, but by the time he’s made it, it’s turned into a stupid foul. He gets frustrated and his game falls apart. Simplistic, but sort of what’s going on.

People knock the 100% thing, but it counts for a lot. Not enough to forgive him being crap a lot of the time, but he deserves more respect than he gets. It's not his fault the manager picks him. It’s players who coast through games/careers not giving a s*** that should get the abuse.

It’s the same with Smith. I couldn’t believe it when he got booed on the other week.

Contradicted yourself there, Smith's lax as f***. Don't be kidded by the weekly moronic lunge.

Without wishing to sound harsh, that's a load of rubbish.

Hes lost the proverbial half a yard. He sees the tackle, but by the time hes made it, its turned into a stupid foul. He gets frustrated and his game falls apart. Simplistic, but sort of whats going on.

People knock the 100% thing, but it counts for a lot. Not enough to forgive him being crap a lot of the time, but he deserves more respect than he gets. It's not his fault the manager picks him. Its players who coast through games/careers not giving a s*** that should get the abuse.

Its the same with Smith. I couldnt believe it when he got booed on the other week.

Contradicted yourself there, Smith's lax as f***. Don't be kidded by the weekly moronic lunge.

it's clearly not though, Smith's a cunt, always has been. He's all ego and very little concentrated, positive effort

Guest fading star

He’s lost the proverbial half a yard. He sees the tackle, but by the time he’s made it, it’s turned into a stupid foul. He gets frustrated and his game falls apart. Simplistic, but sort of what’s going on.

People knock the 100% thing, but it counts for a lot. Not enough to forgive him being crap a lot of the time, but he deserves more respect than he gets. It's not his fault the manager picks him. It’s players who coast through games/careers not giving a s*** that should get the abuse.

It’s the same with Smith. I couldn’t believe it when he got booed on the other week.

it's clearly not though, Smith's a c***, always has been. He's all ego and very little concentrated, positive effort

Sounds like you

Hes lost the proverbial half a yard. He sees the tackle, but by the time hes made it, its turned into a stupid foul. He gets frustrated and his game falls apart. Simplistic, but sort of whats going on.

People knock the 100% thing, but it counts for a lot. Not enough to forgive him being crap a lot of the time, but he deserves more respect than he gets. It's not his fault the manager picks him. Its players who coast through games/careers not giving a s*** that should get the abuse.

Its the same with Smith. I couldnt believe it when he got booed on the other week.

it's clearly not though, Smith's a c***, always has been. He's all ego and very little concentrated, positive effort

Sounds like you

who you been talking to?

Guest Howaythetoon

Nicky Butt is one of the few remaining players at the club I have respect for. Not for any ability he has but because he is model professional who has earned my respect for turning his United career around after his first miserable season which saw him loaned out to Birmingham and yes, a string of reasonable contributions to the cause since he signed. Regarding his comments, it clearly pains this committed professional who is used to high standards (Man Utd) to be in this predicament and he is bang on the money regarding what this club needs. His honesty, obvious concern and attitude deserves recognising while other so-called senior pros try to paint a nice picture or speak in clichés. If half of them had Butt's professionalism and commitment we wouldn't be in this mess. His legs may have went and his touch, control and passing abilities are poor to average, but he's out there fighting FOR the Club in its time of need. We need more of that and in the coming months we'll find out just how committed everyone really is. I would bet money on Butt being at the head of the queue in that respect.

Nicky Butt is one of the few remaining players at the club I have respect for. Not for any ability he has but because he is model professional who has earned my respect for turning his United career around after his first miserable season which saw him loaned out to Birmingham and yes, a string of reasonable contributions to the cause since he signed. Regarding his comments, it clearly pains this committed professional who is used to high standards (Man Utd) to be in this predicament and he is bang on the money regarding what this club needs. His honesty, obvious concern and attitude deserves recognising while other so-called senior pros try to paint a nice picture or speak in clichés. If half of them had Butt's professionalism and commitment we wouldn't be in this mess. His legs may have went and his touch, control and passing abilities are poor to average, but he's out there fighting FOR the Club in its time of need. We need more of that and in the coming months we'll find out just how committed everyone really is. I would bet money on Butt being at the head of the queue in that respect.

Which players not pulling their weight do you have in mind? I listened to the interview and he seemed to think that the players we have here are a decent bunch as far as putting in the effort. Mark Viduka is an obvious one, after that I'm struggling to see any real wasters other than possibly Barton.

Guest fading star

Sounds like you

who you been talking to?

your lass

Sounds like you

who you been talking to?

your lass

fair play  :clap:

if Butt is still in our team next season then we absolutely deserve to be relegated

I think I was saying this a year ago....

I agree with the sentiments of the interview, it's just ironic that the comments are being made by one of the men in the areas that needs an overhaul.

Because kinnear made such a difference on match day when we lost to Hull, or in any game since christmas.

How do you know we wouldn't have been worse in those games without him?

Our performances have been better under Hughton tbh. Win at west brom, draw with Everton with 10 men, good performance against united...and...uh a draw with Hull.

The only games we've performed remotely well under Hughton are the ones where the players need no motivation (Manure for instance).  For the rest of the time we've looked totally uninterested, something that I couldn't say under Kinnear.  West Brom was hardly a win for Hughton either, Kinnear's health problem only happened hours before the match.

I think its pretty obvious that Kinnear did not choose the subs/team v man united. As he wouldn't have played Lua Lua.

So since its likely hughton did his own thing v Man U, it seems Kinnear had a word for the Hull game. Probably thinking he could make the difference to the side to get us a win.

So when Hughton does something you agree with it was his idea but when he does something wrong it must have been Kinnear's idea?..  :nope:

if Butt is still in our team next season then we absolutely deserve to be relegated

I agree with the sentiments of the interview, it's just ironic that the comments are being made by one of the men in the areas that needs an overhaul.

If you were saying it a year ago, then you looked pretty stupid by the end of the season after Butt had been superb in the last 10-12 games.

If you were saying it a year ago, then you looked pretty stupid by the end of the season after Butt had been superb in the last 10-12 games.

he's fucking rubbish and has needed to be replaced for at least two seasons, open your eyes

he's f***ing rubbish and has needed to be replaced for at least two seasons, open your eyes

this, absolutely