Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

I can't be arsed going back, but what's he supposed to have done?

Something about a black security bloke being stood against a black background, and only being able to see him when he smiled.

Reminds me of John Hall's remark when on Talksport regarding Sir Les. Don't think he's been on radio since :lol:

The one about mistaking Ferdinand for a black aga, in the kitchen?  Then, repeating it to make sure everyone got the joke  :lol: 

I remember them going straight to the adverts and then John then having to make a really confused apology, as if he had done nowt wrong  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Another sad incident for him, but headline is terrible... makes it sound like he's asked someone for a drink and whipped his owld fella out in the street, when in reality, its a wardrobe (dressing gown) malfunction as he's getting out of a taxi, that wouldn't of been seen if he didn't have paparazzi hounding him to death.

That said, I'm not condoning going to the offy for booze in a taxi, in just a dressing gown.

Maybe he was away for a fishing rod and a bucket of chicken.

Again.

Reminds me of John Hall's remark when on Talksport regarding Sir Les. Don't think he's been on radio since :lol:

The one about mistaking Ferdinand for a black aga, in the kitchen?  Then, repeating it to make sure everyone got the joke  :lol: 

I remember them going straight to the adverts and then John then having to make a really confused apology, as if he had done nowt wrong  :lol:

Yep :lol: :thup:

He just doesn't seem to have the strength of will to get through it.  With any addiction the most important thing is that the person must want to get clean and have the discipline and strength to follow it through.  I just don't see it in him, think he'll be dead fairly soon.

Everytime I see this thread near the top of the list, I anticipate the sad but inevitable bad news of him. It's incredible he has gone on this long and still has the will and power to continue the abuse though I understand the addict in him is driving him on.

I guess we're beyond the point where this can possibly end well.

Well beyond it I would say. Has he ever truly looked like winning this battle? I'm not entirely sure all of the PR around 'clean for x months' was ever close to being accurate tbqh.

Alchies can go sober for months at a time, it'll still kill them in the end if they don't abstain completely. 

Wonder how much he's leaned on AA, if he has at all.  That programme works if followed to the letter but it's not for everyone.

Alchies can go sober for months at a time, it'll still kill them in the end if they don't abstain completely. 

Wonder how much he's leaned on AA, if he has at all.  That programme works if followed to the letter but it's not for everyone.

My cynicism comes from having seen him drunk when he's been in the press saying how long he's been dry for. Granted this was many years ago but it's not that uncommon judging by many of the reports over the years.

I wonder how his life would've panned out if he never found football.

Will be dead within the next few years if he carries on this way. Simple as that.

Years? If he doesn't do anything about it, by the looks of him he'll be lucky to last next year.