Ashley has no one else to blame if we go down

TRon

In 2 years Ashley has dragged the club further down than Shepherd tried to in 10 years!

Its a fucking disgrace.

It's crazy isn't it really, it's actually taken less than a year. It's taken seven months to take us from the most promising position we've been in, post-Robson, to arguably the worst position the club has ever been in*.

I know what you mean though.

*I'm sure some of the older members would probably diminish that claim. But if we go down, and you consider the climate of the domestic game (aswell as our individual situation), there's a good chance we'll be a million miles away from anything for a long, long time.

In 2 years Ashley has dragged the club further down than Shepherd tried to in 10 years!

Its a f***ing disgrace.

It's crazy isn't it really, it's actually taken less than a year. It's taken seven months to take us from the most promising position we've been in, post-Robson, to arguably the worst position the club has ever been in*.

*I'm sure some of the older members would probably diminish that claim. But if we go down, and you consider the climate of the domestic game (aswell as our individual situation), there's a good chance we'll be a million miles away from anything for a long, long time.

I know mate, its sickening.

He managed to hire Kevin Keegan and force him out of the club within 8-9 months, hire Joe Kinnear, sell our best player and put us in the bottom 3 two points adrift with 8 games remaining. Bullshit!

Its a fucking disgrace.

Shepherd was a poor Chairman who made his share of daft appointments but I can't imagine him ever giving Kinnear a job never mind a contract extension because he liked or trusted him. Never mind the results or whether he is signing good players or not, he gets on with Mike so that's ok :thup:

Guest Brummiemag

Its a fucking disgrace.

Sadly this is true, the loss of revenue for relegation is far greater than it was in the past. Relegation will mean the end of a serious challenge for anything for years to come, even if we come back at the first attempt. If we dont come straight back up we could easily end up in the same boat as Sheff  Wed, Notts Forest, Southampton and the rest.

Its unbelievable really, after the draw at Old Trafford and the win over Bolton back in August, I was confident we at the start of another great adventure with Keegan. How wrong I was 

I love how many threads are made on a Saturday night.

Yeah, you would think another chance of getting points has passed us on that day or something.

I tell you what Decky mate, everytime there's an incident in our next match I'll make a new thread. Its such a waste of bandwidth, this is stating the obvious. Find me anyone here who would not blame the owners should we be relegated. Its stating the bloody obvious. Oh oh new thread, "Martins has a really hard shot why didn't he score that Penna today like? " "Hughtons tactics showed he's not a manager".

I don't like Ashley, I don't like Nicky Butt, or Shola Ameobi, Harpers starting to grate on me, but I don't go making new threads every Saturday night to highlight points that have already been covered in vast detail.

People cant post what they want, dont like it? Go to another forum then

are you saying people can post what they want  :lol:

Guest Heneage

I love how many threads are made on a Saturday night.

Yeah, you would think another chance of getting points has passed us on that day or something.

I tell you what Decky mate, everytime there's an incident in our next match I'll make a new thread. Its such a waste of bandwidth, this is stating the obvious. Find me anyone here who would not blame the owners should we be relegated. Its stating the bloody obvious. Oh oh new thread, "Martins has a really hard shot why didn't he score that Penna today like? " "Hughtons tactics showed he's not a manager".

I don't like Ashley, I don't like Nicky Butt, or Shola Ameobi, Harpers starting to grate on me, but I don't go making new threads every Saturday night to highlight points that have already been covered in vast detail.

People cant post what they want, dont like it? Go to another forum then

are you saying people can post what they want  :lol:

It does seem to contradict itself I don't think I or Decky quite realised. :lol:

I'm prepared to stand up and defend Ashley on our financial situation.  But the situation with the management of the club is absolutely indefensible and if we do go down I'll certainly never forgive the fucker! :angry:

We're rotten. From top to bottom. We have surely one of the most clueless owners in the recent history of the game, and because of him we've got quite unbelievably incompetent managers doing a terrible job with several substandard players. Ashley's rank stupidity (and Keegan's selfishness) led to the debacle at the start of the season. Ashley wasn't able to sell the club for whatever reason. Regardless during that time he brought in a man to tide us over till he either sold the club or brought in someone permanent. Fair enough to an extent although I was shocked with Kinnear's appointment regardless.

We will go down mainly because of what he did next, though. Giving Kinnear (an as yet unsigned) extended contract was madness. To not do anywhere near enough business in the transfer windows was a disgrace. To not make the most of the (admittedly given the circumstances, unfortunate) opportunity to replace Kinnear with someone decent was ridiculous. To persist with Hughton and Calderwood in that situation was pathetic. For them to be keeping the seat warm for Kinnear to return is downright insane. I mean, come on, keeping the seat warm for JOE KINNEAR?! Are you serious?!

Ashley couldnt have seen KK walking, ill give him that. Having said that it is his fault. However the main reason I blame Ashley for this is because as soon as the club was off the market THAT was when we should have got a proper manager in. When Ashley said the club is no longer for sale, there was abit of stability about the club which would have been appealing to a wide range of managers, yet Ashley decided to stick with the man who he originally seen as a stop gap for just 4 weeks.

How did a man who was suppose to be manager for 4 weeks become a 3 year manager in Ashley's eyes? What did he do? In the first 4 weeks he only won 1 game which was at home to West fucking Brom. So then he gets until the end of November, again wins just once in that month, so that is now 2 wins out 9 games, after which he gets a contract until the end of the season, why not a contract until the end of the next month? Why tie the cunt down?

Can anyone explain why Ashley behaved like this? Infact can anyone tell me how when Ashley and co sat down to discuss an interim manager, they came up with Joe fucking Kinnear? Beyond belief really.

The players need to take a huge chunk of the blame.

No matter what's gone on off the field there's no excuse for the performances some of the supposed "senior" players have produced.

Has anyone figured out yet where Duff disappeared to in the 2nd half?  I figure he popped out for a pie & chips since it's the only thing that would account for him vanishing for most of the 45 minutes.

I didnt even know Nolan was playing tbh totally invisible apart from rubbing the Arsenal keeper up at corners.

Ashley couldnt have seen KK walking, ill give him that. Having said that it is his fault. However the main reason I blame Ashley for this is because as soon as the club was off the market THAT was when we should have got a proper manager in. When Ashley said the club is no longer for sale, there was abit of stability about the club which would have been appealing to a wide range of managers, yet Ashley decided to stick with the man who he originally seen as a stop gap for just 4 weeks.

How did a man who was suppose to be manager for 4 weeks become a 3 year manager in Ashley's eyes? What did he do? In the first 4 weeks he only won 1 game which was at home to West f***ing Brom. So then he gets until the end of November, again wins just once in that month, so that is now 2 wins out 9 games, after which he gets a contract until the end of the season, why not a contract until the end of the next month? Why tie the c*** down?

Can anyone explain why Ashley behaved like this? Infact can anyone tell me how when Ashley and co sat down to discuss an interim manager, they came up with Joe f***ing Kinnear? Beyond belief really.

Aye, its the big question. It surley points to the manager's position simply not bieng a very credible one with the DOF running a lot of the show, as much as I didnt want to believe it.

I was waiting for Ashley to make the manager's position credible. Was waiting for him to prove our DOF system is a one many good managers would work with. He's had the chance to do that. But instead, all he's done is add more weight to the argument that they just want a yes man.

The fact that its obvious we should be looking for better than Kinnear is bad enough, but to add that he's just had a heart operation with a history of problems and they still want him is just disgraceful & unbelievable.

The most telling part of the Llambias interview was when he was asked about the meeting between Ashley and Keegan and why Ashley wouldn't get rid of Wise. His reply was "that was never going to happen". In other words Ashley put his friendship with Wise and/or his faith in the DOF system before the good of the club and that's why he deserves all the blame imo.

Another point I've made before is that when you have someone who sits on the board with the title "Executive Director (Football)" then that person also has to take responsibility for the football results of the company in the same way Llambias is responsible for the business results. What the man does or doesn't do is actually immaterial - his job title defines his ultimate responsibility.

Another point I've made before is that when you have someone who sits on the board with the title "Executive Director (Football)" then that person also has to take responsibility for the football results of the company in the same way Llambias is responsible for the business results. What the man does or doesn't do is actually immaterial - his job title defines his ultimate responsibility.

Yep.

The most telling part of the Llambias interview was when he was asked about the meeting between Ashley and Keegan and why Ashley wouldn't get rid of Wise. His reply was "that was never going to happen". In other words Ashley put his friendship with Wise and/or his faith in the DOF system before the good of the club and that's why he deserves all the blame imo.

A reckoning is coming.

How did a man who was suppose to be manager for 4 weeks become a 3 year manager in Ashley's eyes? What did he do? In the first 4 weeks he only won 1 game which was at home to West fucking Brom. So then he gets until the end of November, again wins just once in that month, so that is now 2 wins out 9 games, after which he gets a contract until the end of the season, why not a contract until the end of the next month? Why tie the cunt down?

Can anyone explain why Ashley behaved like this? Infact can anyone tell me how when Ashley and co sat down to discuss an interim manager, they came up with Joe fucking Kinnear? Beyond belief really.

Here's the news JK and MA are a pair of class A bullshitters.

It's not the fans, it's not Shepherd, it's not the finances and it's not Keegan quitting. No one else is responsible for going into such a crucial stage of the season with a washed up manager in hospital after heart surgery and a clueless coach trying to lead a team in a relegation battle. We are where we are because Ashley has been hoping to make do and mend since Keegan left. He's gambled with the club's future and if we go down there aren't any excuses. It's HIS lack of leadership which has led us here.

Totally agree - Ashley has been exposed as a total chancer, whose gambles have started to fail now that the economy is in trouble. As the song says, when the going gets tough, the tough get going, and he has only been successful in a growing economy.

His handling of crises has been abysmal, and his lack of football knowledge exposed as much worse that SJH's, despite Sir John openly admitting that he wasn;t really an expert in football when he took the club over.

Sadly, he has been exposed as even more of a liability than Shepherd in that respect, although I don't agree that we should have kept FS as Chairman ; just because the new owner is useless doesn't mean the club didn't need a change a few years ago.

Ashley's appointments have also been dire - Llambsarse, Wise, Kinnear, all worse that their successors, and this has been the crucial error that has brought the club to where it is now.

The club is in a very serious situation, and there is no end in sight to what is happening - even if, by some miracle, we manage to stay up, the crisis will return under the existing management set-up.

couldn't agree with the OP more....will always maintain keegan could and should have stayed for the good of the club but what happened after that is 100% down to fat ash

thing is, looking back at keegan leaving i find myself almost turning 180 on that opinion as him staying another season would simply have been postponing the inevitable in all likelihood...as good as KK was doing and as good as he is as a manager selling players and replacing them with inferior models would have caught up to him eventually too

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5956136.ece

thought this passage summed things up quite well:

"The accumulated failings of Mike Ashley’s ownership have further corroded the rotten foundations he inherited from a discredited regime and, as always, it is only the heavy-hearted hordes in replica shirts who prop up Newcastle."

I disagree.

The total lack of football seen in the second half on Saturday was down to the players and the coaching staff alone. We were playing some great football up until half time and despite getting back into the game, we crumbled on a massive scale. No 'pick me ups', man management, encouragement etc etc etc was evident despite 25 minutes still to be played of the game. And the sad thing is this game was not alone in a 2nd half crumble. If we go down, it is down to the spinless players and coaching staff that can only last half a game.

The squad we have now includes more promising players than anytime within recent years and although there is many carriers, the squad should easily be enough to be above Fulham, Wigan and West Ham.

Blame is everywhere and it is easy to target the big man but hes not the one who can score, concede, give fouls away, change the game, motivate the players, give inspiring team talks . . . . .

I disagree.

The total lack of football seen in the second half on Saturday was down to the players and the coaching staff alone. We were playing some great football up until half time and despite getting back into the game, we crumbled on a massive scale. No 'pick me ups', man management, encouragement etc etc etc was evident despite 25 minutes still to be played of the game. And the sad thing is this game was not alone in a 2nd half crumble. If we go down, it is down to the spinless players and coaching staff that can only last half a game.

The squad we have now includes more promising players than anytime within recent years and although there is many carriers, the squad should easily be enough to be above Fulham, Wigan and West Ham.

Blame is everywhere and it is easy to target the big man but hes not the one who can score, concede, give fouls away, change the game, motivate the players, give inspiring team talks . . . . .

I think your missing the bigger picture man!

I disagree.

Mike Ashley did say the squad needed reinforcements in depth as well as in quality before last summer's transfer window. Too bad the management structure he put in place couldn't follow up on his plans. Too bad they replaced one excellent and one decent player with two mediocre and one poor player in January. Too bad Mike Ashley failed to replace Kevin Keegan with a competent and healthy manager when he no longer wanted to be part of his shenanigans.

But yes, really, it's the players' and manager's fault.

No, it's the players' fault when we lose a game we should have won. It's the manager's fault when we consistently do so. It's the owner's fault when we have no manager.