Newcastle vs Chelsea - April Sat 4th @ 15:00

Skirge

I reckon if we keep it together we can maybe get a draw out of this. Hopefully they will be rattled by the tottenham defeat but just as likely they are going to come at us like wolves because of that.

Losing Taylor and Bassong is a huge huge blow for us, but thankfully one of the games they will miss is one we didn't expect to win anyway...

That being said, lets attack!

-------Harper--------

Beye/Cacapa  Coloccini

R.Taylor/Beye                                    Enrique

Butt

Gutierrez                                    Duff

Lovenkrands

Owen                        Martins

It's actually quite hard to decide. I want to see Gutierrez play through the middle more but I'm not happy with R/Taylor at right back. Cacapa might provide a bit more strength with regards to Drogba but I think it is best to try and deal with his pace.

I know it looks like quite a shit line-up but Owen will provide a bit of finishing ability should we get the chance and, seeing as it's chelsea, we won't get many chances.

Come on boys!

I reckon if we keep it together we can maybe get a draw out of this. Hopefully they will be rattled by the tottenham defeat but just as likely they are going to come at us like wolves because of that.

Losing Taylor and Bassong is a huge huge blow for us, but thankfully one of the games they will miss is one we didn't expect to win anyway...

-------Harper--------

Beye/Cacapa   Coloccini

Butt

Lovenkrands

It's actually quite hard to decide. I want to see Gutierrez play through the middle more but I'm not happy with R/Taylor at right back. Cacapa might provide a bit more strength with regards to Drogba but I think it is best to try and deal with his pace.

I know it looks like quite a s*** line-up but Owen will provide a bit of finishing ability should we get the chance and, seeing as it's chelsea, we won't get many chances.

Come on boys!

"shore got'a purdy mouth Cacapa" it would be exactly like that. 

I don't think we have a chance sadly, the formation i agree with you, if swap Loven with Owen.

Also, whilst it's far from his best position, I'd definitely have Beye in at centre back with Ryan Taylor in at right back (assuming the two injuries stay as they are) for this game. I'd hate to see Edgar or Cacapa trying to deal with the Drog.

"I'll avoid this game"

I wonder if some on here are really fans. My Dad's always said to me "I've seen some brilliant Newcastle teams lose to appauling opposition, and I've seen some average Newcastle XI's beat some top sides." And he's right. Am I saying we will win? No, but I'm not going to shy away from any game, its 11 players against 11, there's so many bottlers on here, its truly starting to grate on me, the definition of fan is lost on some.  :tickedoff:

Oh arnt you just superb. Id go to the game if I lived in Newcastle, I dont, so forgive me if the idea of yet another crushing defeat has left me in 2 minds about whether or not ill stick the game on the computer, even though I will do anyway.

The kind of Newcastle fan that annoys me is the ones like Nixon, where it is a competition to see who is the best fan, I suppose you are a great one for saying terms like "plastic" and "fairweather"? Saying you might not be watching Newcastle get beat in 1 game hardly means they are a shit fan or a "bottler", get fucking real Nixon. Ill be going to a game or 2 this season yet and ill still be going next season if we are in the Championship, if i was a bottler I wouldnt do either.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"I'll avoid this game"

I wonder if some on here are really fans. My Dad's always said to me "I've seen some brilliant Newcastle teams lose to appauling opposition, and I've seen some average Newcastle XI's beat some top sides." And he's right. Am I saying we will win? No, but I'm not going to shy away from any game, its 11 players against 11, there's so many bottlers on here, its truly starting to grate on me, the definition of fan is lost on some.  :tickedoff:

Oh arnt you just superb. Id go to the game if I lived in Newcastle, I dont, so forgive me if the idea of yet another crushing defeat has left me in 2 minds about whether or not ill stick the game on the computer, even though I will do anyway.

The kind of Newcastle fan that annoys me is the ones like Nixon, where it is a competition to see who is the best fan, I suppose you are a great one for saying terms like "plastic" and "fairweather"? Saying you might not be watching Newcastle get beat in 1 game hardly means they are a shit fan or a "bottler", get fucking real Nixon. Ill be going to a game or 2 this season yet and ill still be going next season if we are in the Championship, if i was a bottler I wouldnt do either.

We already know you're a bottler, you bottled it off the forum like a fairy after GM gave you some jibba jabba, how are you going to take a relegation battle?

"I'll avoid this game"

We already know you're a bottler, you bottled it off the forum like a fairy after GM gave you some jibba jabba, how are you going to take a relegation battle?

Im not, im a bottler, you said it yourself.

Guest rinaldo #18

The back four has to be:

R.Taylor-Beye-Colo-Enrique

Anything else would be madness, but what can you expect from Hughton?

The back four has to be:

ain't gonna happen

-------Harper--------

Beye/Cacapa   Coloccini

Butt

Lovenkrands

I know it looks like quite a s*** line-up but Owen will provide a bit of finishing ability should we get the chance and, seeing as it's chelsea, we won't get many chances.

Come on boys!

"shore got'a purdy mouth Cacapa" it would be exactly like that. 

I don't think we have a chance sadly, the formation i agree with you, if swap Loven with Owen.

Cheers, well hopefully, if he plays something like that, we will play it down the wings and into feet. It does my head in how much we hoof it up the park. We have defenders now who are capable of playing it out the back (Colo, Enrique, Beye) into the midfield.

I also feel that arsenal have more class than Chelsea which was why they were able to make us crumble. If we come out against Chelsea like we did against Arsenal we could snatch a point. But it would take a miracle...

The back four has to be:

ain't gonna happen

That is the logical back four, so you can bet your life Hughton will pick something different.

I'll be surprised if Edgar doesn't feature like. It'll probably look something like this:

Harper

Edgar --- Beye --- Coloccini --- Enrique

R Taylor --- Nolan --- Butt --- Duff

Martins --- Lovenkrands

Personally, i'm hoping for:

Harper

R Taylor --- Beye --- Coloccini --- Enrique

Jonas --- Nolan --- Butt* --- Duff

Martins --- Owen

I'm getting desperate, think the only thing left to do is force Shearer out of retirement... and some other old players too.

Owen - Shearer

Beardsley

Ginola    Nolan    Jonas

Enrique - Albert - Bassong - Beye

Harper

I'm getting desperate, think the only thing left to do is force Shearer out of retirement... and some other old players too.

Owen - Shearer

Beardsley

Ginola     Nolan     Jonas

Harper

What? You're starting Owen?! You're mad!!

Owen - Shearer

Beardsley

Harper

Not good enough

and start Srnicek ahead of Harper

Owen - Shearer

Beardsley

Harper

i was thinking along those lines but getting ned out of retirement for the portsmouth match

Owen - Shearer

Beardsley

Harper

i was thinking along those lines but getting ned out of retirement for the portsmouth match

I wonder if we are going to need another Kelly sink or swim moment by the time Portsmouth comes around? The parallel with history is uncanny. Struggling new owner, needing to stay up to be able to spend bigger in the summer (hopefully) and Portsmouth possibly being a defining game for our future?