Newcastle vs Chelsea - April Sat 4th @ 15:00

Skirge

I see this as a masive opportunity to pick up bonus points as it's the games against other struggling teams I see as the must win matches. If Fulham can beat Man U, and Spurs can beat this lot then so can we with a bit of luck on our side. Chelsea are quality but they don't have special players like ronaldo, fabregas or Rooney who we can't live with.

Can we stop Frank lampard? Why the fuck not?

Guest toonbaz

at the risk of sounding like a pervert, does anyone know which bars still have topless tottie on pre-match, brother in law is up for the weekend so thought i'd show him the sites!

at the risk of sounding like a pervert, does anyone know which bars still have topless tottie on pre-match, brother in law is up for the weekend so thought i'd show him the sites!

:lol:

Tomorrow's kind of irrelevant imo. We were always bound to lose this; if we get anything it's simply a bonus. Where we are playing next season relies almost entirely on the three home games, and Stoke. That has to be 10 points at the minimum, and i believe it can happen with Shearer in charge.

Apart from last season over the last few seasons we've always done well against Chelsea at home.

Tomorrow's kind of irrelevant imo. We were always bound to lose this; if we get anything it's simply a bonus. Where we are playing next season relies almost entirely on the three home games, and Stoke. That has to be 10 points at the minimum, and i believe it can happen with Shearer in charge.

Apart from last season over the last few seasons we've always done well against Chelsea at home.

Because most years they had the league wrapped up.

The game I love & still have on the SKY+ is the one when Carr gets sent off. SJP was rocking for 10mins after that not sure if it was because of the unjust sending off or a celebration of Carr getting a red.

If Jonas plays (pretty certain he will) then he's going to have to get up and down the flanks like he never has before. Chelsea's midfield is so good; we're really going to have a tough job containing them. Jonas and the other winger are going to have to break their balls for the cause tomorrow if we're to have any chance because the defence and central midfield are going to need as much support as possible.

Essien and Lampard up against Butt and Nolan is such a horrible thought. :undecided:

I think you'll find that Alan Shearer will not be approaching the game in that manner at all. He'll not worry about Chelsea's game, and will be determined to make them worry about ours. I wouldn't be surprised if we're a goal up within the first few minutes.

that was keegan's style of managementt, not neccicarially shearer's.

That should be the style of any successful manager! Believe me, we will need to shut up shop at some stage in the remainder of this season. Shearer will have no problem getting them to attack imo, but will he get them to defend when necessary? Again, this will determine how well he does here.

Not sure what channel he will be on but Peter Beardsley was flying out sometime yesterday to Dubai to be a pundit/co-commentator on today's game.

Brilliant. He'll be scarring the bairns for life on Showtime :pow:

I actually did my casting to anchor that station's football shows. They opted for some random dude with a big head and bigger mullet

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyayyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shearer  OOoooo ahhhhhhh we want to knowwwoowwwww if you'll keep the job"  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:''

yyyyyyyyyyyyyayyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shearer  OOoooo ahhhhhhh we want to knowwwoowwwww if you'll keep the job"  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest michaelfoster

Newcastle (from): Harper, Forster, Krul, S Taylor, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Enrique, Edgar, Cacapa, Butt, Duff, R Taylor, Gutierrez, Nolan, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Geremi, Smith, Martins, Owen, Carroll, Xisco.

Chelsea (from): Cech, Hilario, Taylor, Belletti, Alex, Ivanovic, Terry, Mancienne, A Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Obi, Kalou, Essien, Malouda, Di Santo, Anelka, Quaresma, Stoch.

There are reason to be cheerful. I think Chelsea's main aim now is the Champions League and some of the players will have half a mind on the quarter final coming up this week. It's also a big relief to see no Drogba.

Apart from Barton, we seem to have a full squad.

I hereby deliver the kiss of death and predict a win, 2-1.

Guest firetotheworks

5-1 owen 2 martins 1 jonas 1 colo 1 terry 1

Stop being so fucking pessimistic man.

5-1 owen 2 martins 1 jonas 1 colo 1 terry 1

I assume Terry's was an unfortunate own goal, and Martins' was similar - the velocity of his shot meant the ball crashed off the Chelsea bar, bounced back 110 yards in the air and deceived a flailing Harper.