Bernard to be released?

James

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

regardless of whether its a true story or not I am still flabbergasted that he has been unable to get match fit !

Although not overweight, I'm pretty unfit.

At 29 I haven't kicked a football for a year and a half. I drink, I eat rubbish, and the most exercise I get is climbing the stairs to go to bed on a night time.

But STILL - Give me 2 and a half months and I could get myself in shape enough to run round a football field for 90 minutes - Especially if I was getting paid several thousand pounds per week!

So there must be another reason Bernard's not playing - ie he's not up to it (Well, in Glenn's eyes anyway, whatever that counts for these days...). It's a shame, as when he was first hear I really rated him.

Anyone think that he's just utter tosh like Southampton and Rangers both thought since leaving the club?

But since GR made a move for him while at West Ham, and went and got him again this season in desperation he doesn't want to admit he can't spot a player and panic bought in the 1st place, so wont play him.

Someone came on here about 2 weeks ago and said he was only brought in to keep the fans happy and would be released in the jan window, never playing a game under GR. Of course we all laughed at that soul.  blueconfused.gif

I think your probably right about him just being shite, I doubt Roeder even wanted him, probably FF as you say keeping fans happy. Who really knows though, one things for sure it shouldnt take 3/4/5 months to get fit enough to warm the 1st team bench.

give me 2,5 months and i'd be fuckin fit enough to play 90 minutes a week.... fuckin hell.

but i really don't hope this is true - we really need him to get fit and start playing - he doesn't even have to be any good, everything is an improvement these days...

Has there been any official news on this yet ?

I have seen nothing.

Have been told it is his weight thats the problem, not over weight but cannot put any on.

Is that really a problem? :lol: better than having two fat carrs on either flank.

I really can't believe this is true, I'm sure we'll be seeing Bernard back sometime soon. If not then some heads have to roll behind the scenes, do we even have a fitness coach/team?

Clearly not.

Or at least not Prem league standards, anyway.

I don't believe this story. It's just too ridiculous.

Wait a min, did I just say ridiculous? Everything about the club is fking ridiculous! OMFG....

well hes not in the squad for the nights game, not looking good

blueno.gif Incredible if true

according to nufc.com he isnt

He's had 2 good years as a footballer and he's in his mid 20s. Why, after 18 months of injuries and sh*tness at Southampton & Rangers did we expect him to suddenly return to the form of 2002 to 2004? Even a French coach didn't rate him enough to keep.

i dont think anyone expected too much - just another body in a depleted team/defence - something that can prove vital !