Bruce will not manage NUFC while Ashley is in charge - Whelan

Guest sicko2ndbest

Oh he wants it like, and although a few seasons back I would have cried if he had got the job, I would now be over the moon to get him here. Thats not just because of how shite we are doing but also because I think Bruce has improved as a manager in a big way, he can also work wonders on a very small budget AND he has turned Bramble into a very decent CB who knew that would have been done..

Ashley not wearing a suit has put Newcastle in relegation trouble?? :mackems:  I mean for all the mistakes Ashley's made that cock picks his cloths as the problem, what a petty little dwarf :lol:

When it comes to the Toon at the minute I feel like a boxer who's trapped in the corner taking such a beating that I cannot be arsed to hold my hands up to defend myself.

I just cannot see anything positive coming out from the club at all.

Everything lately has just been so negative. Even the shite they think themselves is positive just depresses the shit out of me (JFK coming back, offered a long term deal, Houghton with all this "the teams behind me" bollocks (no they're fucking not mate!) ect).

Fuck me i'm depressed.

Guest toonlass

Dave Whelan needs to fuck right off. Newcastle United is none of his business, and his cheap snipes at Ashley have no business in football. He knows fuck all about football either, but has fallen on his feet lately. The sooner Wigan, their cheerleaders, music and empty stadium is out of the premiership the better.

Steve Bruce admits he does not know if he will be given the chance again to manage Newcastle.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan claimed there was no chance that Bruce, who turned down the Magpies job four years ago when he was the manager of Birmingham, would consider taking over the Tyneside club.

Even by their own tumultuous standards, Newcastle are a club in crisis, with the third-from-bottom team apparently leaderless during the convalescence of Joe Kinnear.

Everyone associates me with Manchester United, and rightly so, but when its in you, its in you. Im a Geordie after all, Bruce told the Daily Mail.

I turned it down four years ago. It was the hardest decision. I just felt I had to be loyal to Birmingham at the time. Whether it will come around again, I dont know.

However, I thoroughly enjoy what I do here. Im not in charge of that situation. Its just speculation. Im preparing here for pre-season.

Bruces commitment to Wigan remains total, however, and an unlikely qualification for next seasons Europa League is his priority.

We have a chance. Five of our last eight games are against teams in the bottom half of the table, so we can get something out of them," said Bruce.

We have also got Everton, Arsenal and Man United, so it is a slim one.

But for the last 12 months, the results have been good. It isnt a fluke that we are there.

Seems like the Mail has cobbled together two quotes from different dates to try and make a story. Personally, I think Bruce would come IF we avoid relegation. A big if at the moment.

I think they are freh comments. By preparing for preseason he will mean arranging friendlies etc.

Shows just how far we have dropped now that Bruce is looking like a good option. :(

Whilst everyone will agree in part, Bruce has also proved over the past 12 months that he is a better manger than he was 4 years ago, so there is a bit of pull and bit of push to thinking he is a decent option now

Definitely. Whilst they are not always brilliant to watch Wigan are a very effective team who play to their strengths well. Even more so considering they lost 2 parts of the backbone of their team in Jan.

Bruce's buying has been impressive at Wigan. Valencia, Palacios and Zaki have all proven successful, and he's done well with Bramble. I was especially impressed with his buying of a fast skilful player like N'zogbia while getting rid of a shit, clumsy trier Ryan Taylor in the same deal. SBR and Keegan usually liked gifted players ahead of hard working donkeys as well and they didn't too badly here.

Guest fading star

Dave Whelan needs to f*** right off. Newcastle United is none of his business, and his cheap snipes at Ashley have no business in football. He knows f*** all about football either, but has fallen on his feet lately. The sooner Wigan, their cheerleaders, music and empty stadium is out of the premiership the better.

That’ll be why a small club like Wigan is challenging for a European spot, and Newcastle are challenging for the wooden spoon.

these seem pretty up to date

“We have a chance. Five of our last eight games are against teams in the bottom half of the table, so we can get something out of them," said Bruce.

“We have also got Everton, Arsenal and Man United, so it is a slim one.

“But for the last 12 months, the results have been good. It isn’t a fluke that we are there.”

Dave Whelan needs to fuck right off. Newcastle United is none of his business, and his cheap snipes at Ashley have no business in football. He knows fuck all about football either, but has fallen on his feet lately. The sooner Wigan, their cheerleaders, music and empty stadium is out of the premiership the better.

Look at the position Wigan were in when he took over. I'd say he knows a thing or two tbh.

Guest Mucky01

Arsene Wenger deserves a load of credit for Steve Bruce’s success, how many players has Arsenal loaned to Bruce over the years and how many players has he advised him to sign from diverse parts of the world?

1?

edit: was thinking just wigan, 2 loans at brum as well iirc (both of which he subsequently signed permanently?) - don't see why Wenger deserves the credit for those.

fare do’s, I admit it was mainly his Brum days:

Palacios

Fabrice Muamba

Sebastian Larsson

Jermaine Pennant

Nicklas Bendtner (was even shagging his daughter!)

Johan Djourou

by the way, how does anyone realistically believe a deal would happen?  bruce must have at least a couple of years left on his contract and whelan would try and rape ashley for compensation obviously

he'd never pay it

not gonna happen...that's saying nothing of whether bruce would come under the current regime and have no say on signings; the one thing i like about bruce coming in for us now is he's taking chances with his scouting team and look at some of the excellent players he's uncovered...if he's not given the chance to continue that with us then why bother (apart from the fact he's better than JFK obviously)?

Guest Darth Toon

by the way, how does anyone realistically believe a deal would happen?  bruce must have at least a couple of years left on his contract and whelan would try and rape ashley for compensation obviously

he'd never pay it

not gonna happen...that's saying nothing of whether bruce would come under the current regime and have no say on signings; the one thing i like about bruce coming in for us now is he's taking chances with his scouting team and look at some of the excellent players he's uncovered...if he's not given the chance to continue that with us then why bother (apart from the fact he's better than JFK obviously)?

I think I remember reading that Bruce has a clause in his contract that allows him to talk to other interested clubs - I reckon he only ever saw Wigan as a stepping stone (it's the same line he uses to sell the club to players like N'Zogbia)

Guest firetotheworks

Just read that and thought it was plausible until he went on about the big four and Man United.

Right you are, Dave.  :idiot2:

EDIT: Forgot to read the update....interesting.

he'd never pay it

I think I remember reading that Bruce has a clause in his contract that allows him to talk to other interested clubs - I reckon he only ever saw Wigan as a stepping stone (it's the same line he uses to sell the club to players like N'Zogbia)

ah!

Although Bruce, who would even consider taking the job if Newcastle were relegated, was far from popular with United fans during his illustrious playing career at Old Trafford, he would be a popular choice as manager as a result of the excellent work he has done at Wigan.

I definitely think he wants the job, the only doubt in my mind was if we were relegated. I wonder if there is something already lined up like the rumours earlier in the season suggested?

Arsene Wenger deserves a load of credit for Steve Bruce’s success, how many players has Arsenal loaned to Bruce over the years and how many players has he advised him to sign from diverse parts of the world?

1?

edit: was thinking just wigan, 2 loans at brum as well iirc (both of which he subsequently signed permanently?) - don't see why Wenger deserves the credit for those.

Palacios

Fabrice Muamba

Sebastian Larsson

Jermaine Pennant

Johan Djourou

palacios was an arsenal player?  the spurs lad?

1?

Palacios

Fabrice Muamba

Sebastian Larsson

Jermaine Pennant

Johan Djourou

palacios was an arsenal player?  the spurs lad?

He had a trial at Arsenal, Wenger then recommended him to Bruce.

I think Palacios had a trial or something at Arsenal, and Wenger recommended him to Bruce. He's a nice bloke behind those beady eyes.

woah, wenger man...off his head, imagine palacios chopping people up in that arsenal team now with fabregas as a CM pair

madness

Guest optimistic nit

whelan is a cock of the highest order tbh. just saying it because he's got a grudge against ashley, even if its true, which i doubt it is.

Bruce would probably only get the job here as Ashley would want to piss off Whelan. If Bruce didnt currently work for Whelan, Ashley would never go for him, too much money and he wasnt a big manager in the 90s.