Ireland Internationals

Decky

I don't blame Henry. He instinctively raised his arm and made the cross. I'm sure he wasn't even thinking about it at that moment. I saw the interview on SSN, he apologized and that should be the end of it.

The refs got it wrong. What are you gonna do?

You'd think this was the first injustice to ever occur in football.

Ireland should have been our of sight last night before that goal was scored, but because of shite finishing they weren't.

They just need to take it on the chin, get over it and and set about qualifying for the next tournament, not carry on bitching about demanding a replay. 

Nobody has Mentioned the fact that Ireland still had to score to win, and that didnt change cos of the Hand of Frog.

France werent winning either though. Was anybodies game if it went to pens.

i really didnt see Ireland on Pens. The point is in Injury time , that goal didnt change owt, a goal for ireland and they were through, and they couldnt do it.

I'm so disappointed with Henry.

As the years have gone by his performances have been getting worse and what happened last night is the final straw.

I'm getting a Dyson tomorrow.

I'm 25% French...

*canards*

:lol: :lol:

Double for 2 things that have creased me up.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont get this whole 'its happened to everyone, get over it' shite. Aye, its true, but when it happens to your team it's shit, and when you're in that position people saying 'its happened to everyone, get over it' means fuck all, because all it really highlights, as it does somewhere in some Premier League match on a weekly basis that blatantly incorrect decisions are happening far too often, and something needs to change.

A shared wrong doesn't stop it being wrong.

Guest Chris P

Shut up . Those days are over , and i hate false nationalism.

What on earth are you talking about?  :lol:

The freedom fighter comment :coolsmiley:

I don't want those useless Irish players anywhere near my TV. In fact, seeing Duff, Given and St Ledger in South Africa would ruin the tournament, my summer and perhaps even my love of football.

But the travesty in which they went out .It was worse than the hand of god incident. I've never seen anything like it . The unlucky bastards!

This is a joke right?

I dont get this whole 'its happened to everyone, get over it' shite. Aye, its true, but when it happens to your team it's shit, and when you're in that position people saying 'its happened to everyone, get over it' means fuck all, because all it really highlights, as it does somewhere in some Premier League match on a weekly basis that blatantly incorrect decisions are happening far too often, and something needs to change.

All part of the game and its appeal though IMO. 

Same things were happening in 1966 and the game's survived ok.

I dont get this whole 'its happened to everyone, get over it' s****. Aye, its true, but when it happens to your team it's s***, and when you're in that position people saying 'its happened to everyone, get over it' means f*** all, because all it really highlights, as it does somewhere in some Premier League match on a weekly basis that blatantly incorrect decisions are happening far too often, and something needs to change.

Aye, we could talk about certain blind Russian linesman. But since we have the tools, I wouldn't object video technology for dubious goals like this one, it wouldn't impact the flow of the game that much (these incidents aren't that common) and would improve the cleanliness of the game. 

Guest firetotheworks

I dont get this whole 'its happened to everyone, get over it' s****. Aye, its true, but when it happens to your team it's s***, and when you're in that position people saying 'its happened to everyone, get over it' means f*** all, because all it really highlights, as it does somewhere in some Premier League match on a weekly basis that blatantly incorrect decisions are happening far too often, and something needs to change.

Yeah, but it's also evolved. It's faster, and with higher stakes. It's funny how there was a great amount of time that got put into seeing whether England's third goal actually went in or not, when the technology to do so was available.

A fourth official watching a TV for vital decisions isn't going to hinder the game any more than it is at all.

It's tough on the Irish but they shouldn't be whinging about a replay. At the end of the day, it's a game and the result at 90 minutes can't be turned over because a ref decision is found to be incorrect. That principle should be sacrosanct.

Video replays aren't practical because so many decisions involve matters of opinion as much as matters of fact. Replays don't always clarify matters at all. You could say that this particular one was blatant, but then you'd end up arguing about the definition of 'blatant' when it comes to other decisions.