Ireland Internationals

Decky

:lol: That's fair enough then. I won't bring it up again, but if/when we lose to NI, I don't want to hear shit from him.

The fact you even think I would do this shows how uneducated you are on the subject. :yao:

American in not knowing the basic history of another country shocker

:lol: Americans are the only people that don't know the basic history of random places. Ireland is the size of Indiana. Tell me about fucking Indiana.

I mean a basic history :lol: I don't expect you to be able to tell me what happened at the 1916 rising or bloody Sunday but you should know at least something about the conflict between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland

:lol: Why? Honestly. Why? I'm 100 percent not trying to be a dick. Why should I know that? I can have a rudimentary awareness of it, but an in depth understanding?

I just said a basic understanding not an in depth understanding :lol:

:lol: That's fair enough then. I won't bring it up again, but if/when we lose to NI, I don't want to hear shit from him.

The fact you even think I would do this shows how uneducated you are on the subject. :yao:

:lol: Americans are the only people that don't know the basic history of random places. Ireland is the size of Indiana. Tell me about fucking Indiana.

I mean a basic history :lol: I don't expect you to be able to tell me what happened at the 1916 rising or bloody Sunday but you should know at least something about the conflict between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland

:lol: Why? Honestly. Why? I'm 100 percent not trying to be a dick. Why should I know that? I can have a rudimentary awareness of it, but an in depth understanding?

:lol: My very basic understanding is what caused me to ask why the fuck NI's Decky and Froggy were acting like they won some shit.

:lol: My very basic understanding is what caused me to ask why the fuck NI's Decky and Froggy were acting like they won some shit.

You don't have a basic understanding if you had to ask that question

Sauntering around with the surname Murphy, thinking his ignorance is acceptable.

Fuck you Mike!!

:lol: So when I was trying to bond with you and say "Oh yeah, Shak, I'm Irish as shit." and you were all "Fack off blackie" But now I'm an asshole for not being Irish enough.

I don't feel like that's how I played it. :lol:

My religion teachers were maniacs like. The shit they used to do. One of them once threw a chair at a fella in my class and another time he threatened to break one of my mates' fingers. :lol: The other teacher tried to give my Irish teacher a fucking roundhouse kick when he interrupted a lesson.

To be fair we're thinking of sending our kid to a catholic school because the teachers don't take any shit.

The nuns could throw a board rubber so hard and accurate they should have been in the Olympics. If board rubber throwing was a sport.

He's an atheist who was raised as a Protestant and went to a Catholic school. :lol:

I wasn't raised as a Protestant. :lol: My Dad is a Protestant but me along with my brother and sister were raised Catholics. I hope you knew that and weren't winding. :lol: Lost faith when I was around 12 or 13. I'm now an agnostic atheist.

I was lucky with religion teachers to be honest, which is strange considering I went to a Christian brothers school. A P.E. teacher was assigned as our religion teacher in 4th year and he let us play indoor football every period and then gave us the answers to the tests. :lol: If anything was more important in our school than religion it was football.

• 6 months later...

Good luck tonight Irish mags, let's hope for a repeat of Parkhead.  O0

We are due a slip-up though, can see you guys getting a good result tonight. Looking forward to it, last game was great to watch and amazing atmosphere.

Philip Quinn ‏@Quinner61  8m8 minutes ago

ROI: given; Coleman, O'Shea, Wilson, Brady; Walters,McCarthy, Whelan, Hendrick; Hoolahan; Murphy.

Scotland team

Marshall, Hutton, Forsyth, Martin, Mulgrew, Maloney, Morrison, Brown ©, S.Fletcher, Naismith, Ritchie.

Philip Quinn ‏@Quinner61  8m8 minutes ago

ROI: given; Coleman, O'Shea, Wilson, Brady; Walters,McCarthy, Whelan, Hendrick; Hoolahan; Murphy.

Scotland team

Marshall, Hutton, Forsyth, Martin, Mulgrew, Maloney, Morrison, Brown ©, S.Fletcher, Naismith, Ritchie.

Must win game and he doesn't play McGeady or Long

Whenever a watch football at the Aviva it always looks shite. And yeah you're gonna say Ireland are crap blah blah blah, but it could be Brazil vs Germany at the Aviva and it would still look like they're playing on treacle instead of grass.

As if we're not going to the Euros. :lol: Fucking disaster this.

Football is fucked in this country like. We have maybe one good premier league player and he was our most wasteful player today. Looking back I think we really underachieved in the 00's. Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Shay Given, Richard Dunne, John O Shea, Steve Finnan all good to very good players in the Premier League. 10 of what should have been some of our best years wasted between 2002 and 2012

Football is fucked in this country like. We have maybe one good premier league player and he was our most wasteful player today. Looking back I think we really underachieved in the 00's. Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Shay Given, Richard Dunne, John O Shea, Steve Finnan all good to very good players in the Premier League. 10 of what should have been some of our best years wasted between 2002 and 2012

Smaller countries need the strong spine of top(ish) level players like the ones you listed plus look at Wales / Iceland / Uruguay in their pomp for example and Ireland, unfortunately for yourselves just don't have that at the moment. Your best two players are probably a RB and an inconsistent winger, if they were a CF and a CM you'd probably be able to blag it a bit more.

Smaller countries need the strong spine of top(ish) level players like the ones you listed plus look at Wales / Iceland / Uruguay in their pomp for example and Ireland, unfortunately for yourselves just don't have that at the moment. Your best two players are probably a RB and an inconsistent winger, if they were a CF and a CM you'd probably be able to blag it a bit more.

:thup: Also I know you take the piss about England B team and such but I honestly think we should stop picking English guys who have never been in the country whose grandparents are Irish. There is just no point. If they were good enough to really affect our team they'd be snapped up by England anyway. I'd prefer poor Irish players to slightly better English players. I'm not talking about people like Kevin Kilbane and Steven Reid who genuinely felt Irish but there are some guys who just aren't worth the hassle