Kinnear to return as manager in the summer, or so says that idiot Llambias

ChrisJbarnes

We can't go back to Kinnear, no way, not even if we're in the Championship next season.

If Kinnear is our manager for the whole of next season, i think we'll get relegated. Regardless of what division we're in, btw.

Guest Stephen927

We can't go back to Kinnear, no way, not even if we're in the Championship next season.

If Kinnear is our manager for the whole of next season, i think we'll get relegated. Regardless of what division we're in, btw.

This is a completely depressing thought but imagine Kinnear overseeing the squad overhaul that'll come in the summer if we were relegated and signing what would be a whole new team to replace outgoing players.

I'm not someone who gives these people much credit, but Kinnear is an old man who's just had a serious heart operation.  I think it's good to see those running the club show him a bit of respect.  I think we're so used to Shepherd bad mouthing people who's usefullness to us has waned that we expect it of those in charge now.  As much as they've fucked up lots of stuff running the club, I don't think they should get stick for choosing not to put the final nail in the coffin of a bloke virtually on his death bed.

I have no doubt that he won't be back in charge of team affairs, whatever happens.  He might get a token roll upstairs, after all, he's the one bloke who stepped up after Keegan went and I'm sure Ashley appreciates that.

Guest BooBoo

I could easily see us struggling in the Championship with Joe in charge. At least some of the players will want to play for Shearer, it seems that most of them see JFK as a bit of a clown, hence the "Mike Bassett" nickname.

I'm not someone who gives these people much credit, but Kinnear is an old man who's just had a serious heart operation.  I think it's good to see those running the club show him a bit of respect.  I think we're so used to Shepherd bad mouthing people who's usefullness to us has waned that we expect it of those in charge now.  As much as they've fucked up lots of stuff running the club, I don't think they should get stick for choosing not to put the final nail in the coffin of a bloke virtually on his death bed.

I have no doubt that he won't be back in charge of team affairs, whatever happens.  He might get a token roll upstairs, after all, he's the one bloke who stepped up after Keegan went and I'm sure Ashley appreciates that.

This.

Whilst Kinnear has played his part in our current demise it shouldn't be forgotten he was the only one with the bollocks to take the job when no one else wanted it, and Ashley will want to reward him in some way. Maybe he could stand next to the dugout like that old fella in the early 90s  :kinnear: :laugh2:

I am still not 100% sure whether Joe can be classed as having bollocks for doing the job or whether he was just daft/desperate enough. I think all other managers with an ounce of sense and/or had other options available to them, decided not to come within a million miles of the job.

Still though, I appreciate what you say about him - even if it was pure desperation/stupidity.

It would be nice to think that was the case, I hope your'e right and I think you probably are.

Guest Heneage

I think JFK will just give up, if he doesn't Ashley should offer him a high up role like a Scout or DOF or something.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think the club have just about handled the Kinnear thing right, although stating he will be back as manager next season was stupid and indeed pointless because I highly doubt that will happen, even if Shearer does go which is probably the more likely of the two to happen.

They could have easily just said that they'll review the situation in the summer rather than going on and on about it being Kinnear's job and him definitely coming back etc. He doesn't even have a contract beyond the end of the season anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

They could have easily just said that they'll review the situation in the summer rather than going on and on about it being Kinnear's job and him definitely coming back etc. He doesn't even have a contract beyond the end of the season anyway.

I'd like to think they are worried about being seen as stabbing him in the back sort of, which is something that can be argued strongly to have happened with KK, whether there is any truth in whether that is what happened or not. For all we know they may have been advised by Shearer himself to say that Kinnear will be back, to keep the pressure off Big Al and to keep everyone focused for those 8 (now 7) games. Or maybe not.