Kinnear to return as manager in the summer, or so says that idiot Llambias

ChrisJbarnes

I don't believe a word of this JK's coming back as manager bollocks.

Nope. It's grated on me today hearing it come from Llambias, but it won't happen. The prick might aswell dig his own grave if he chucks Shearer and gives it back to Kinnear.

I still can't get my head round the sheer insanity of it. The bloke could die on the pitch. Even if he was a good manager, you'd steer clear.

As someone alluded to earlier, at his first press conference, Alan spoke very well, clearly, confidently, determindly. JK opened his first press confererence by calling a Journo a cunt.

No comparison between the 2 men really.

Guest firetotheworks

My prediction is that Kinnear himself will come out with something like 'I couldnt stand in the way of the Newcastle getting what they wanted in Shearer' with him being given another role or a nice pay package to leave, but the real reason being something else, with the possibilities on that being endless.

As someone alluded to earlier, at his first press conference, Alan spoke very well, clearly, confidently, determindly. JK opened his first press confererence by calling a Journo a c***.

:lol:

I still haven't seen it.

Would be fucking epic if Shearer kept us up and Kinnear came back in. :lol: :lol:

:mike:

Urgh that smiley, its uglier than :dowie:

:kinnear:

Will there ever be a post made, where replying with a :kinnear: would be wrong?

I just watched the conference and when the journalist says there will be huge pressure for you to stay, Shearer says: GOOD, I WANT THAT....

People are missing the point big style over what he said.

He meant that if people are to be clamouring for him to stay on in the summer, thats good because it will mean that he has fulfilled his job and kept us up.

Thats all he meant, he just didnt choose the words carefully enough thats all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7978436.stm

New Newcastle United manager Alan Shearer insists he is only at St James' Park until the end of the season.

Shearer is the relegation-threatened club's fourth manager this season, with Joe Kinnear on leave after heart surgery but planning a summer return.

"I enjoyed doing what I was doing with the BBC and I'm looking forward to doing it again next season," Shearer told the BBC's Football Focus show.

"I know what I'm doing next season. I'm here (Newcastle) for eight games only."

The 38-year-old light-heartedly suggested: "My aim is to be offered the job at the end of the season because if I am that means I would have kept Newcastle in the Premier League."

:dontknow:

New Newcastle United manager Alan Shearer insists he is only at St James' Park until the end of the season.

Shearer is the relegation-threatened club's fourth manager this season, with Joe Kinnear on leave after heart surgery but planning a summer return.

"I enjoyed doing what I was doing with the BBC and I'm looking forward to doing it again next season," Shearer told the BBC's Football Focus show.

The 38-year-old light-heartedly suggested: "My aim is to be offered the job at the end of the season because if I am that means I would have kept Newcastle in the Premier League."

Thats just the BBC trying to make out that they are more important to Alan Shearer than his home town football team.

Good luck with that BBC

I agree about Kinnear, what a clown.

The thought of giving him a new position 'upstairs' is again, another fucking ludicrous decision.

WHAT HAS HE DONE TO WARRANT IT?!?!?

We need to cut all ties with him immediately if we want to progress, whatever happens this season.

Thats just the BBC trying to make out that they are more important to Alan Shearer than his home town football team.

Good luck with that BBC

LOL by simply quoting him you have managed to spin it to make it look like BBC are anti Newcastle.  Incredible

If Kinnear comes back then Ashley will have undone all of the (far too late and not enough) good work he's shown by getting rid of cockends like Wise and Jimenez.

He won't be back. I'm certain of it. And if Shearer decides he doesn't want the job, we'll bring someone else in full time next season. I'm quite confident the mistakes Shearer was talking about included Kinnear. I can picture him saying to them in those meetings, "what the hell were you thinking hiring someone with serious health issues, who's been out of the game for so long". They probably said, "he was the only one willing to take it on". To which he would have replied, "well get rid of your controversial set-up, show some humility, and bring in someone who is qualified". Or something to that effect.

Lets be honest here Shearer isn't daft. He knows that if he does well the board will want to keep him as they won't want the same reaction as when KK left. Because of that he knows he can basically ask for anything in terms for transfer funds, wages etc.

Lets be honest here Shearer isn't daft. He knows that if he does well the board will want to keep him as they won't want the same reaction as when KK left. Because of that he knows he can basically ask for anything in terms for transfer funds, wages etc.

Shearer always plays his cards very close to his chest, and he'll want to keep his options open. I'm sure one of his chief inhibitions about taking on a management role has been the potential demands on his time, and therefore the sacrifices he would have to make in terms of family life. This is a chance for him to test the water. If he finds that he and Dowie can divvy up the tasks in a way that is successful and not too demanding on him, then he'll probably be up for it.

Having said that, there's a bit of an assumption at points on this thread that whether or not Shearer takes the job is entirely in Lambias's hands. Shearer has been reluctant to commit himself to management at this stage of his life, and that might continue to be the case. In the end, Alan Shearer will do what suits Alan Shearer.

As someone alluded to earlier, at his first press conference, Alan spoke very well, clearly, confidently, determindly. JK opened his first press confererence by calling a Journo a c***.

;D thats a great comparison and just about sums up how  everyone feels and the public perception of the 2 men amateur and professional.

I think im going to be  :icon_puke_r: and if this allowed to happen imho we are doomed to years in the football wilderness but hopefully public opinion and pressure will be too much for Ashley too ignore and we have a massive part to play as supporters too make our voices heard . :clap2:

Eight games for Shearer is not what fans want to hear

Apr 3 2009 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

Alan Shearer is adamant he will only be Newcastle United’s manager for the next eight games but, according to chief sports writer Luke Edwards, it is difficult to see how that can be allowed to happen

NO matter how many times he was asked the same question and no matter how many times he smiled and gave the same stubborn response, nobody truly believes Alan Shearer’s reign as Newcastle United manager will end after just eight games.

For the record, Shearer repeated he would only be in charge of the team until the end of this season 14 times in a Press conference which lasted a little over 21 minutes as he was unveiled as the Magpies’ new team boss yesterday.

Shearer was clearly toeing the party line, but if his opening meeting with the media was on message in terms of the political wrangling behind the scenes at St James’s Park, it was not the message most supporters wanted to hear.

“That’s the plan, that is what I want,” said Shearer when asked once again whether he would really walk away at the end of the season if he has kept Newcastle up. “I am here for eight games and here for eight games only.

“Joe Kinnear is recovering at home and we all wish him well. What part Joe has to play for next season, or the season after that, you will have to speak to the necessary people.

“That has nothing to do with me what happens. All I am interested in is eight games and eight games only. If there is a push for me to stay after that, good.

“That is what I want. I want that. I was asked to try to keep Newcastle in the Premier League and that is my job and I have eight games to do that.

“I envisage sitting in the stands next season watching Newcastle as a Premier League football club and I will be doing everything in my power to make that happen.”

Having rejoiced at the return of their local hero for an end-of-season rescue mission, the thought of him vanishing again in just a couple of months is like being told you can marry the most beautiful woman in the world, but only have eight weeks left until you go blind.

If it is true, Shearer will be gone by the start of June, we should enjoy his short time as manager while we can and hope he does enough to preserve the Magpies’ top-flight status. However, you suspect the job will be his to turn down at the end of the season, no matter which division Newcastle find themselves in.

If United stay up, the pressure on owner Mike Ashley to make him the club’s permanent manager will be intolerable and, with season tickets to shift and corporate sponsors to attract, Shearer is his Golden Ticket.

The former Newcastle striker’s arrival has allowed United fans to not only believe in their club once more, it has, more pertinently, for the romantic in us all, dared people to dream about what it can go on to achieve.

Hope is vital for football supporters and Shearer’s return can give it to them in abundance at a time when many had begun to despair at the direction their club was heading.

With that in mind, Ashley will find it virtually impossible to allow Shearer to leave because his appointment is his chance to redeem himself after the Kevin Keegan debacle which, had he been able to find a buyer last year, would have brought his time on Tyneside to a swift and brutal conclusion.

Yet, even in the constant denials there was a hint from Shearer of a longer term project as he implied Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias would make a decision in the summer.

He said: “I want this football club to stay up and then the powers that be will decide which direction they want to go in. The important thing, as I keep stressing, is to keep them up.

“I am not any different, I feel the pain that the fans are going through. It has not been great this season but it has gone, it’s history. I don’t want to talk about what has gone. I want to talk about what is going to happen.

“The be-all and end-all is this club needs Premier League football. I don’t care how we get there. In an ideal world it would be nice and pretty, but I am not bothered how we get there and over the line, we have to keep this place up.

“It needs us to be stabilised this season and then after that, the people who run the club, can look at what direction they want to go in. But for that to happen, and for it to happen in the right way, we have to be in the Premier League.”

Should Shearer take on the job beyond the end of May it would be tough on Kinnear, although football is a business and business is ruthless.

Kinnear helped Ashley out when nobody else would by becoming interim manager back in the autumn, but that does not mean loyalty to him should come at the cost of losing the one man who gives his much-criticised regime credence again.

Kinnear believed he would be returning to Newcastle’s training ground next week to help the prepare the team for the trip to Stoke City. Instead, the 62-year-old, who is still recovering from a triple heart bypass operation at home, will stay there at least until the summer as Shearer fights to keep them in the Premier League.

Having repeated his dislike for the Continental management structure Ashley stuck by following Keegan’s exit and, with Wise gone, it is difficult to see a role for Kinnear if Shearer stays.

Shearer added: “Whether you like that role that Dennis (Wise) was in, as Derek has said, they have thanked him for his services and he has gone his own way.

“That was happening irrespective of whether I came in or not. I made feelings known earlier in the year on that side of things and directors of football.

“I am sure no one wants me to go over it again, that is my opinion, which I think everyone is entitled to. Whether it upset people I don’t know, but that was my opinion at the time.”

Guest toonlass

I think im going to be  :icon_puke_r: and if this allowed to happen imho we are doomed to years in the football wilderness but hopefully public opinion and pressure will be too much for Ashley too ignore and we have a massive part to play as supporters too make our voices heard . :clap2:

Eight games for Shearer is not what fans want to hear

Apr 3 2009 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

Alan Shearer is adamant he will only be Newcastle United’s manager for the next eight games but, according to chief sports writer Luke Edwards, it is difficult to see how that can be allowed to happen

NO matter how many times he was asked the same question and no matter how many times he smiled and gave the same stubborn response, nobody truly believes Alan Shearer’s reign as Newcastle United manager will end after just eight games.

For the record, Shearer repeated he would only be in charge of the team until the end of this season 14 times in a Press conference which lasted a little over 21 minutes as he was unveiled as the Magpies’ new team boss yesterday.

Shearer was clearly toeing the party line, but if his opening meeting with the media was on message in terms of the political wrangling behind the scenes at St James’s Park, it was not the message most supporters wanted to hear.

“That’s the plan, that is what I want,” said Shearer when asked once again whether he would really walk away at the end of the season if he has kept Newcastle up. “I am here for eight games and here for eight games only.

“Joe Kinnear is recovering at home and we all wish him well. What part Joe has to play for next season, or the season after that, you will have to speak to the necessary people.

“That has nothing to do with me what happens. All I am interested in is eight games and eight games only. If there is a push for me to stay after that, good.

“That is what I want. I want that. I was asked to try to keep Newcastle in the Premier League and that is my job and I have eight games to do that.

“I envisage sitting in the stands next season watching Newcastle as a Premier League football club and I will be doing everything in my power to make that happen.”

Having rejoiced at the return of their local hero for an end-of-season rescue mission, the thought of him vanishing again in just a couple of months is like being told you can marry the most beautiful woman in the world, but only have eight weeks left until you go blind.  :mackems:

If it is true, Shearer will be gone by the start of June, we should enjoy his short time as manager while we can and hope he does enough to preserve the Magpies’ top-flight status. However, you suspect the job will be his to turn down at the end of the season, no matter which division Newcastle find themselves in.

If United stay up, the pressure on owner Mike Ashley to make him the club’s permanent manager will be intolerable and, with season tickets to shift and corporate sponsors to attract, Shearer is his Golden Ticket.

The former Newcastle striker’s arrival has allowed United fans to not only believe in their club once more, it has, more pertinently, for the romantic in us all, dared people to dream about what it can go on to achieve.

Hope is vital for football supporters and Shearer’s return can give it to them in abundance at a time when many had begun to despair at the direction their club was heading.

With that in mind, Ashley will find it virtually impossible to allow Shearer to leave because his appointment is his chance to redeem himself after the Kevin Keegan debacle which, had he been able to find a buyer last year, would have brought his time on Tyneside to a swift and brutal conclusion.

Yet, even in the constant denials there was a hint from Shearer of a longer term project as he implied Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias would make a decision in the summer.

He said: “I want this football club to stay up and then the powers that be will decide which direction they want to go in. The important thing, as I keep stressing, is to keep them up.

“I am not any different, I feel the pain that the fans are going through. It has not been great this season but it has gone, it’s history. I don’t want to talk about what has gone. I want to talk about what is going to happen.

“The be-all and end-all is this club needs Premier League football. I don’t care how we get there. In an ideal world it would be nice and pretty, but I am not bothered how we get there and over the line, we have to keep this place up.

“It needs us to be stabilised this season and then after that, the people who run the club, can look at what direction they want to go in. But for that to happen, and for it to happen in the right way, we have to be in the Premier League.”

Should Shearer take on the job beyond the end of May it would be tough on Kinnear, although football is a business and business is ruthless.

Kinnear helped Ashley out when nobody else would by becoming interim manager back in the autumn, but that does not mean loyalty to him should come at the cost of losing the one man who gives his much-criticised regime credence again.

Kinnear believed he would be returning to Newcastle’s training ground next week to help the prepare the team for the trip to Stoke City. Instead, the 62-year-old, who is still recovering from a triple heart bypass operation at home, will stay there at least until the summer as Shearer fights to keep them in the Premier League.

Having repeated his dislike for the Continental management structure Ashley stuck by following Keegan’s exit and, with Wise gone, it is difficult to see a role for Kinnear if Shearer stays.

Shearer added: “Whether you like that role that Dennis (Wise) was in, as Derek has said, they have thanked him for his services and he has gone his own way.

“That was happening irrespective of whether I came in or not. I made feelings known earlier in the year on that side of things and directors of football.

“I am sure no one wants me to go over it again, that is my opinion, which I think everyone is entitled to. Whether it upset people I don’t know, but that was my opinion at the time.”

Wise out, Dowie in, Ferris back in for physio?

All a bit bloody dramatic for 8 games, isnt it?

Can understand Dowie but the other two seem strange if he isnt creeping in and setting up shop when no one is looking.

The 8 games is an insurance thing - he might not want to manage us if we go down. If we stay up he's sticking around unless something drastic happens.

Wise out, Dowie in, Ferris back in for physio?

All a bit bloody dramatic for 8 games, isnt it?

Can understand Dowie but the other two seem strange if he isnt creeping in and setting up shop when no one is looking.

The 8 games is an insurance thing - he might not want to manage us if we go down. If we stay up he's sticking around unless something drastic happens.

:thup:

I think it's going to be used firstly as a means to keep us up and secondly to see if Shearer enjoys the job and can work with Ashley/Llambias. A trial period.

They're not as daft as to think he could keep us up, then express interest in the job, and then bring Kinnear back. It works both ways though... he might not fancy it.

Personally I can see him getting "the bug" for management, keeping us up, and then keeping the job.