Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest Wally_McFool

The final nail in the coffin

Hope to god this is an april fool

Do you dear, thats nice!  :crazy2:

Guest Phil K

Why has it taken to almost the end of the season for this ?

Why did we have to drop into the relegation zone with the warning sirens blaring and lights flashing before this happened ?

Why in the name of all thats holy was someone with the managerial nous of a toilet cleaner put in charge for so long ?

Why did the players themselves have to ask for a manager with a plan - ANY plan ?

Mike Ashley stands condemned

Guest Ebolarama

and why this couldn't of happened soon after Kinnear had his heart attack?

f***ing retarted.

"Retarted"? Delicious!

Guest Phil K

and why this couldn't of happened soon after Kinnear had his heart attack?

f***ing retarted.

"Retarted"? Delicious!

He likes cakes.

At least thats the kind of "tarts" I THOUGHT he was refering to....

Why has it taken to almost the end of the season for this ?

Why did we have to drop into the relegation zone with the warning sirens blaring and lights flashing before this happened ?

Why in the name of all thats holy was someone with the managerial nous of a toilet cleaner put in charge for so long ?

Why did the players themselves have to ask for a manager with a plan - ANY plan ?

Mike Ashley stands condemned

Aye his decision making so far has been idiotic aqnd chaotic. I can see why he got KK obviously but to get him under those conditions which were clearly going to fail one way or another and now get Shearer but only after we are in this mess. I hope that the effect shearer will have will keep us up and then either Ashley supports him to an extent in the transfer market next season or we get sold on again.

I think it's great news. Newcastle are in a fight now, they're in the trenches, and Alan is the man to carry on the fight. Newcastle is more of an institution than a club. Everybody knows about Newcastle. It doesn't matter where you go in the world, they all want to know about Newcastle United. There's been a lot of controversy in the past, it's well known for the managers it's had, and it's a famous club, end of story.

It couldn't have happened at a better time for them. To start with, he's got to win some games. That's what they haven't been doing, they've struggled this season. It hasn't been good enough. There's only two people who could have made a difference: Kevin Keegan and Shearer. Keegan was never going to happen.

He couldn't do any worse could he? They're in the bottom three. Under the old management they were destined to go down. Chelsea [this weekend] is a massive game, but Stoke, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Fulham – they're the games you have to win. The players know who he is, a world-class striker, he scored goals for England. He's a Geordie as well. There's a lot of pride at stake. He was destined to be Newcastle manager at some point.

What a tonic for Michael Owen as well. They were team-mates at England and got on fairly well. Michael Owen might get an extra yard and score the goals to keep Newcastle up.

It's almost destiny he was going to become manager of Newcastle United. I've spoken to him and he's said 'I do fancy managing Newcastle United'. It's fantastic news for the club – but it's a big step for him. He'll know he's got eight games to save Newcastle from the relegation threat but if anyone can do it – he's the man. Congratulations to the powers that be for trying to convince him to take over at the helm.

Dunno about "It couldn't have happened at a better time" - how about fucking months ago?

Guest black n white

We are about to find out if god exists or not.  :angel:

He's got one warped sense of humour >:D

Newcastle are set to confirm the appointment of Alan Shearer as their new manager.

Sky Sports News understands that The Magpies will release a statement on Wednesday confirming that Shearer will be back at St James' Park to take charge for the final eight matches of the season.

STILL nothing on the Official Site.

It is the very last time I am paying to join that ridiculous site  -  what's the point of it??