Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

His MD just saw that rick-roll? :lol:

I would apologise if it was me decky, you'll understand when you grow up and get a job.

Lighten up

Would you feel the same if it cost someone their job and they tracked you down and abused you?

why on earth would someone need the excuse of losing their job to abuse decky ?

I would apologise if it was me decky, you'll understand when you grow up and get a job.

Lighten up

Would you feel the same if it cost someone their job and they tracked you down and abused you?

Not my fault they are pissing around on a Newcastle forum while at work is it?

So if you had a job and you could go on this forum you wouldn't?

Lighten up

If im on my own and cant get seen then yeah. Not when there are people walking around near me like.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Sorry if it's already been posted but just read this:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle//tm_headline=exclusive-shearer-tells-mentor-why-he-took-toon-job%26method=full%26objectid=23287415%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Exclusive: Shearer tells mentor why he took Toon job

Apr 1 2009 by Adam Jupp, Evening Chronicle

Alan Shearer and Jack Hickson

THE man who discovered Alan Shearer says he has "every faith" he will turn the Toon’s fortunes around, having spoken to his protege last night.

Legendary talent spotter Jack Hixon gave Shearer his big break when he took him to Southampton as a teenager and the pair have had a close bond ever since.

Speaking exclusively to The Chronicle, Jack today revealed the 38-year-old Magpies hero rang him last night before news of the dramatic appointment broke.

"He said he just felt he had to give what he could for Newcastle United," said Jack, 87.

"He just wants to do it out of love for the club. That is the point.

"He loves the club, he’s passionate for the club and he wants them out of the mire.

"If he keeps them up he will become a hero all over again, but it is not an ego trip for him, he is doing it out of love."

Hixon spotted Shearer playing as a youngster for teams including Cramlington Juniors, Wallsend Boys Club and Newcastle City Boys.

He took him for a trial at Southampton, where he went on to burst into the first team, before securing a big money move to Blackburn Rovers.

It was at Ewood Park that Shearer won a Premier League medal but he said his proudest moment of all was signing for Newcastle in a £15m deal.

After hanging up his boots, the former England captain resisted several calls for him to step into the dug-out but he hopes to rescue United from relegation after agreeing to take charge for the remaining eight games of this season.

And Hixon, who stills lives in Whitley Bay, said: "Shearer is the man to do it."

He said: "His strength of character will pull them round.

"He imposes it naturally on people and his very presence will pull them up. I hope that will happen and I think it will.

"He has shown that character from day one of his career. I wish him well, so much that you wouldn’t believe.

"I have every faith he will do it. I know it is a tough fixture list, but he will want to get started and get cracking."

Lighten up

If im on my own and cant get seen then yeah. Not when there are people walking around near me like.

Not that you'd know what that situation would be like. The having a job bit i mean.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle//tm_headline=exclusive-shearer-tells-mentor-why-he-took-toon-job%26method=full%26objectid=23287415%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

THE man who discovered Alan Shearer says he has "every faith" he will turn the Toon’s fortunes around, having spoken to his protege last night.

Legendary talent spotter Jack Hixon gave Shearer his big break when he took him to Southampton as a teenager and the pair have had a close bond ever since.

Speaking exclusively to The Chronicle, Jack today revealed the 38-year-old Magpies hero rang him last night before news of the dramatic appointment broke.

"He said he just felt he had to give what he could for Newcastle United," said Jack, 87.

"He loves the club, he’s passionate for the club and he wants them out of the mire.

"If he keeps them up he will become a hero all over again, but it is not an ego trip for him, he is doing it out of love."

Hixon spotted Shearer playing as a youngster for teams including Cramlington Juniors, Wallsend Boys Club and Newcastle City Boys.

He took him for a trial at Southampton, where he went on to burst into the first team, before securing a big money move to Blackburn Rovers.

It was at Ewood Park that Shearer won a Premier League medal but he said his proudest moment of all was signing for Newcastle in a £15m deal.

After hanging up his boots, the former England captain resisted several calls for him to step into the dug-out but he hopes to rescue United from relegation after agreeing to take charge for the remaining eight games of this season.

And Hixon, who stills lives in Whitley Bay, said: "Shearer is the man to do it."

"He imposes it naturally on people and his very presence will pull them up. I hope that will happen and I think it will.

"He has shown that character from day one of his career. I wish him well, so much that you wouldn’t believe.

"I have every faith he will do it. I know it is a tough fixture list, but he will want to get started and get cracking."

out of love...  :smitten:  :aww:

Lighten up

Not that you'd know what that situation would be like. The having a job bit i mean.

You know nothing about me. Ive had part time work like any other lad my age and did a year in an office full time. I know what it is like in the workplace. Tell me this, what did you based your assumption on? Just pull it out of your arse aye?

For Fucks Sake!!!

Just got in from a few days away and I hear this news. UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!

I've gone from being totally convinced that we're going down, to totally convinced that we're staying up!

Lighten up

You know nothing about me. Ive had part time work like any other lad my age and did a year in an office full time. I know what it is like in the workplace. Tell me this, what did you based your assumption on? Just pull it out of your arse aye?

You're an unemployed pikey recluse with no mates and bad breath.

:lol: My first post was light-hearted man, hence the smiley. Dont react like a naughty boy being told off by the grown-ups and you wont appear like one.

Lighten up

:lol: My first post was light-hearted man, hence the smiley. Dont react like a naughty boy being told off by the grown-ups and you wont appear like one.

tbh Decky it was a poor and ill-judged attempt to take the piss out of fellow fans...I doubt you did it deliberately to piss people off, but that's the effect you'of had and perhaps realising this would do your standing on here a world of good.

Guest toonlass

RTG is fucking belta today. They are fighting and arguing with each other more than Decky and GM do here. You would think that they cared about what happened at Newcastle, rather than just concentrating on their own team, its great!

Lighten up

tbh Decky it was a poor and ill-judged attempt to take the piss out of fellow fans...I doubt you did it deliberately to piss people off, but that's the effect you'of had and perhaps realising this would do your standing on here a world of good.

every forum needs a decky

Lighten up

:lol: I seriously doubt anyone is genuinely pissed off apart from the minute or so when they clicked on it.

I'm very late to the party, I just heard the news, being over in Canada here it's not exactly front page stuff. Anyway, I've got to say well done to the board for acting, something had to be done and I think this is a gereat move, he might not save us but at least we've rolled the dice and took a chance.

David Craig back on - reckons it'll take some time due to 'various discussions with different parties'.

Not true that Wise has left, but apparantly he's had discussions and they're ongoing.

Must be sorting everything out in regards to who is coming in with Shearer so they can announce it all at once and save the speculation over the next few weeks.

David Craig back on - reckons it'll take some time due to 'various discussions with different parties'.

Not true that Wise has left, but apparantly he's had discussions and they're ongoing.

Must be sorting everything out in regards to who is coming in with Shearer so they can announce it all at once and save the speculation over the next few weeks.

This is Newcastle, right?

Guest neesy111

out of love...  :smitten:   :aww:

i know i will get lambased for this, but if keegan loved the club so much, why did he leave it in the mire he did, and why is he suing the club for compensation

shows that shearer is a proper man, and is willing to put difference's aside to save the club from relegation

top man