Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

he'll be here next season, has to be, surely?

This post is as delusional as your posts about Nolan in another thread. 

Shearer is gone at the end of the season and people need to not get their hopes up.

This post is as delusional as your posts about Nolan in another thread. 

Shearer is gone at the end of the season and people need to not get their hopes up.

delusional?  fuck off man :lol:

so nolan doesn't need to give a performance then?  fair enough

anyone really think he'll just walk away in the now likely event we go down?

i won't, can't, imagine he'd do that after going through so much s*** as a player at the club when he could have left countless times - i just don't think he'll have a hand in taking us down then not want to be the one that turns it around

Now likely event that we go down?  Surely it was likely before the Chelsea game then, because we were never going to get a result.

i won't, can't, imagine he'd do that after going through so much s*** as a player at the club when he could have left countless times - i just don't think he'll have a hand in taking us down then not want to be the one that turns it around

Now likely event that we go down?  Surely it was likely to the Chelsea game then, because we were never going to get a result.

yeah but the stoke & blackburn results were very damaging for us man, very damaging indeed

that's what makes it more likely for me - beating stoke now puts us back to where we were before the chelsea game in real terms

Now likely event that we go down?  Surely it was likely to the Chelsea game then, because we were never going to get a result.

yeah but the stoke & blackburn results were very damaging for us man, very damaging indeed

that's what makes it more likely for me - beating stoke now puts us back to where we were before the chelsea game in real terms

We had to accept that some teams playing at the bottom would get results though because most were playing each other.

I agree though, that no result at Stoke and it looks bleak.

We had to accept that some teams playing at the bottom would get results though because most were playing each other.

I agree though, that no result at Stoke and it looks bleak.

i'm a hyperbolic type; no result at stoke and it's over like

I think he has come across really well so far.  Dignified and confident and a joke here or there.  Perfect as a figurehead for the club - time will tell on the football side.  A real contrast to Kinnear.  No doubt the latter would have been up for another disciplinary charge over last Saturday's non-goal.

I think he has come across really well so far.  Dignified and confident and a joke here or there.  Perfect as a figurehead for the club - time will tell on the football side.  A real contrast to Kinnear.  No doubt the latter would have been up for another disciplinary charge over last Saturday's non-goal.

The most prevalent aspect of management that Shearer has exhibited so far I would say is his incredible focus on the job at hand. His interviews and PC's have been flawless. He has projected that air of relaxed yet focused confidence, and having a manager like that will give the players and fans a mountain of support. It must be really difficult to keep that wry smile on his face, and speak with such an assured/assuring tone at all times.

It's such a sensitive time for the players and fans alike, and Shearer recognizes that one slip of the tongue could put a monkey-wrench in all immediate plans to stay up.

what i like about shearer, and why i honestly want him to take over permanently, is the irrational hatred for him that other clubs fans have

unlike KK's best years i reckon he's intelligent enough to be able to use it to create himself an 'us against them' culture at the club that the best managers always have, something we've never had since i've been watching

also i simply can never imagine him allowing shite and wasters to contribute to dragging the club down the way they have in recent times, a lot of which he sat back and watched with his own eyes

people might not like it but this is what we need - i'd say some of the above about steve bruce actually but one thing we know is that shearer will never stab us in the back, one sniff from old trafford and bruce would be on the way to the airport...if you could trust bruce to commit he'd be my long-term choice

as it is i'm desperate for shearer to restore some dignity and pride to the club

as it is i'm desperate for shearer to restore some dignity and pride to the club

:thup:

Something we are very sadly lacking

indeed, as Superior Grant says he might struggle to achieve massive success without finances but so will anyone really in this day and age

bare minimum with shearer on a buy to sell policy i honestly think he'd restore pride back to the club, sick of being the fucking laughing stock of the world

Al not happy with the players fitness......sounds like Keegan again. Amount of games where we've been fine until half time only to fall apart second half this season has been ridiculous.

Alan Shearer cracks whip at unfit Newcastle players

Steve Harper, the Newcastle goalkeeper, yesterday provided a fascinating insight into Alan Shearer's cracking of the whip by revealing that the rookie manager had made ice baths mandatory for his players.

Harper said the freezing-cold baths – designed to speed up recovery following matches and workouts – were now a way of life under Shearer, who clearly has concerns about fitness levels within his squad. The former Newcastle and England captain has clamped down on poor timekeeping, invigorated practice sessions, prolonged injured players’ treatment sessions and ordered his charges to sit down for meals together.

The measures – ostensibly an indictment of Joe Kinnear’s regime – are all part of Shearer’s effort to halt Newcastle’s slide into the Championship, which could reach a watershed on Saturday at Stoke.

“The training has been really good, the tempo has improved, the sessions are longer and more competitive,” Harper said.

“There’s an edge to training that maybe had started to disappear. It is 15 to 20 minutes longer but it’s more thorough and more intense and it has been good. Players respond to that.

“He’s very big on punctuality as a respect to each other. Everyone must eat together to forge a team spirit. It’s just little things – ice baths are now compulsory.

"The little things add up and if you start at the bottom and get the basics right, everything else will follow. His message is just be professional in all things you do.”

Shearer obviously has concerns about the durability of a team that he is managing after Chris Hughton spent a spell in charge in place of Kinnear, who underwent heart surgery.

“You have to look at the reasons as to why Newcastle – or we – have not managed to last 90 minutes,” Shearer said.

“There are a million excuses that everyone can give you. Is it concentration? Is it that they’re not fit enough? Not sharp enough? Has the training been as intense as it perhaps should be? What we’ve tried to do with the training is make it quick and played at a high tempo.

“It’s very difficult to do much about the fitness levels in such a short space of time. What you can do is up the tempo in training.”

Shearer insisted his players had welcomed his new methods. “It’s just one or two little tweaks here and there, which I think the players have wanted to happen but, for whatever reason, haven’t happened,” he said.

“Punctuality’s a major thing for myself, and we all eat together. The injured players are now in until late afternoon, and I hope that will have an effect in clearing the medical room. Players don’t like to stay until late afternoon, do they.”

after the euphoria has died down and we are back to reality i feel really down atm not that i dont want big al as boss cos i do but the simple fact that if he stays he will have to work under the confines of Ashleys ideas of how to run a football club and unless Ashley changes his ways i see it being very difficult for shearer,on the other hand if Shearer leaves we will end up with no hope kinnear or some other yes man and this fills me with absolute dread.

as many have said before, i'm very impressed with shearer so far, the noises coming out of the club are that he is doing all the right things, he certainly looks and sounds the part too.

cant wait for today.

after the euphoria has died down and we are back to reality i feel really down atm not that i dont want big al as boss cos i do but the simple fact that if he stays he will have to work under the confines of Ashleys ideas of how to run a football club and unless Ashley changes his ways i see it being very difficult for shearer,on the other hand if Shearer leaves we will end up with no hope kinnear or some other yes man and this fills me with absolute dread.

Doesnt sound like hes been under the confines of Ashleys ideas so far does it with the whole system being changed for him. Dont think even Ashley will make that mistake twice, he knows how we'll react to it. He also went out of his way to get Keegan back remember after it all went wrong.....so he'll be going out his way not to have that situation with Shearer.

Doesnt sound like hes been under the confines of Ashleys ideas so far does it with the whole system being changed for him. Dont think even Ashley will make that mistake twice, he knows how we'll react to it. He also went out of his way to get Keegan back remember after it all went wrong.....so he'll be going out his way not to have that situation with Shearer.

Jolly well hope so ,i dont think we can face anymore heartache with this lot but has the penny finally dropped with Ashley i just dont know .

You know, I'd rather not hear a single word from Shearer or the rest of the club until this season is over.

All of this "If we survive I'll feel like the best person ever" or the players "we know we have it in us to stick together and to stay up" bollocks.

The fact is these are ifs and buts so they need to shut the fuck up, do the job and then you can talk about it afterwards.

Walk the walk before you go talking the talk and all that. I'm trying to ignore it all and keeping my fingers crossed.

Al not happy with the players fitness......sounds like Keegan again. Amount of games where we've been fine until half time only to fall apart second half this season has been ridiculous.

The injured players are now in until late afternoon, and I hope that will have an effect in clearing the medical room. Players don’t like to stay until late afternoon, do they.”

Interesting.

I have to give him credit for a lot of the stuff he's saying and appearing to do.

He has came in and brought many rules and I think that is good because the team need discipline.

Dodgy grammar aside, it's great to hear of Shearer bringing in some order. He never settled for anything but the best as a player and I hope that carries through to his management. Obviously he should know from both the Robson and Souness eras that a fine balance is required.

He has came in and brought many rules and I think that is good because the team need discipline.

Dodgy grammar aside, it's great to hear of Shearer bringing in some order. He never settled for anything but the best as a player and I hope that carries through to his management. Obviously he should know from both the Robson and Souness eras that a fine balance is required.

honestly, what modern day manager worth his salt wouldn't impose rules on his players?

the current generation of footballers have to be the biggest set of wankers and layabouts ever, who on gods earth would let them get on with it themselves?

honestly, what modern day manager worth his salt wouldn't impose rules on his players?

the current generation of footballers have to be the biggest set of wankers and layabouts ever, who on gods earth would let them get on with it themselves?

Evidently Joe Kinnear and Chris Hughton, our management duo for 90% of this season.

Edit - ah, I spot the 'modern day' and 'manager' bits in there. :nods: