Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Is anyone else harbouring doubts about Shearer's suitability for the post beyond the end opf this season? And if so, are you feeling like a traitor to the cause like I am? I just don't think he's ready. I seriously doubt his ability to manage in the Championship next season too.

I don't think he's come close to proving anything either way so far. It's only been four games after all.

Whatever happens we need to keep him IMO because the last thing we need is to change manager yet again. Let him get settled in and build a team, and then see how that team performs before making a judgement.

Yeah, I know it's early days as far as Shearer goes, and I guess I'm letting the depression of our impending relegation sour my opinion of him as manager....

Maybe that's part of Ashley's sinister masterplan though...destroy the club and its icons and heroes completely.

Is anyone else harbouring doubts about Shearer's suitability for the post beyond the end opf this season? And if so, are you feeling like a traitor to the cause like I am? I just don't think he's ready. I seriously doubt his ability to manage in the Championship next season too.

A new record.  3 games.

A new record.  3 games.

:lol:

Even for our standards thats pretty ridiculous!

Regardless of how things work out in the next four games I want Shearer to stay on for purely prgamatic reasons. He either needs to succeed or fail over a significant stretch of time for us to get past this. I hope it works but then if it fails at least we won't be overshadowed by the idea of Shearer as manager any longer and can move on.

A new record.  3 games.

I merely asked a question. :lol: :dontknow:

Yeah, I know it's early days as far as Shearer goes, and I guess I'm letting the depression of our impending relegation sour my opinion of him as manager....

Maybe that's part of Ashley's sinister masterplan though...destroy the club and its icons and heroes completely.

I am still happy for him to have a season with a squad completely cleaned out of the dead wood currently dragging us down.

Give him a team with a greater content of youth/pace/enthusiasm/flair and I think he will do a good job

I am still happy for him to have a season with a squad completely cleaned out of the dead wood currently dragging us down.

Give him a team with a greater content of youth/pace/enthusiasm/flair and I think he will do a good job

you mean give him better players and he'll be a better manager?  doesn't work like that robster, you don't become a great manager by just being good with good players - see guus hiddink as an example

personally i think he's showing signs of improvement even with the shite he's gotta deal with (i hate duff & smith but they both looked better players than i ever remember vs pompey) but you can't say he's made a massive impact on things since pitching up

his biggest enemy is time this season, had he come in right when :kinnear: went sick then i think he'd have had it worked out by now and we'd be more or less safe but he didn't have that time

Not even mourinho could get this pile of deadwood going.

Mourinho would run most of them out of the club within 14 days. He's the one who got shot of Geremi and Duff when he was still winning trophies remember.

but Mourinho was lucky he found a club daft enough to take those players off Chelsea. Who would take them off Newcastle now?

They are the product of a decade spent without a coherent policy, without consistency of thought, without a clear way forward, without direction, without care. They need a man who can provide for them, a manager who is empowered and who will be unencumbered by the type of amateur advice and assistance that have dragged this club down for too long.

They are the product of a decade spent without a coherent policy, without consistency of thought, without a clear way forward, without direction, without care. They need a man who can provide for them, a manager who is empowered and who will be unencumbered by the type of amateur advice and assistance that have dragged this club down for too long.

so sad but so true

we had a policy of buying good young players when sir bobby was here -- woodgate, jenas, bellamy, viana, bramble (sometimes) mixing with the established --- given, solano, speed, shearer. it was when ffs sacked sir bobby that the article's quote became true, more 5 years than 10

oh god, here we go

:lol:

Shhhhhhhhh,If you say his name three times he apears.

NE5

NE5

NE55555555555555555555555555555555555555555

HA sods to you all  :frantic:

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/toys/movie4_candyman.jpg

"Freddy was 'kin mint right! "