Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

From BBC:

1409: Newcastle have changed things around after that group chat, but most of them still don't look like they know where they are playing.

1407: Michael Dawson is stretchered off and replaced by Alan Hutton - let's hope it's nothing too serious. Meanwhile, Alan Shearer and Iain Dowie are talking to about six Newcastle players by the touchline - they're probably asking where they should be playing, because it doesn't look as if half of them know.

That was during our match yesterday.

:kinnear:

Alan Shearer is set to stay on as Newcastle manager beyond the end of the season rather than stepping down to allow Joe Kinnear, who is recovering from heart surgery, to return as boss. (The Guardian) 

Alan Shearer is set to stay on as Newcastle manager beyond the end of the season rather than stepping down to allow Joe Kinnear, who is recovering from heart surgery, to return as boss. (The Guardian) 

Fingers crossed, and tbh, I think its a very realistic possibility.

Guest geordienorway

Shearer has been like a breath of fresh air and I didn't expect that.  He's walked back into the club and has acted as if he's been in management all of his life.  His only mistake to date has been his reaction to Martins pulling out of the Stoke game but he seems to have realised that he'd made a mistake and has got out of it well.

I almost forgot about starting Shola but its weird how many managers play more experienced players ahead of others, even when they’ve been s***.  Keegan did it when he first arrived but he then realised that Duff and Smith were counter-productive and he dropped them.  I have little doubt that Shearer will do the same; I also have little doubt that he'll get the best out of the players at his disposal, something which we haven't done too often this season.

I think he'll be here longer than the end of this season because he seems to be enjoying it more than I expected that he would.  I think he'll have to be prepared to do a first year or two like Bobby but I think we need stability and Shearer taking the job for a number of years is just what we need, regardless of how we finish this season.

He's a young manager and he's already shown that he's more than happy to try different ways with different players.  I thought that he'd be a one trick pony and he clearly isn't, he can manage different types of players and his introduction seems to have had a good effect on the players at the club.

I will be more surprised if he’s not here next season than I will be if he is still here.  I can’t see him going back to Match of the Day.  He seems to be getting a buzz once again and I think he’s had the break from football that he probably needed.

Good post :thup:

"I think it would be wrong to say I'm enjoying it when we're not getting the right result..."

There's one difference between him and that cretin Kinnear. Kinnear was loving it even when we were getting bummed every week by the Mackems and Fulham.

Gonna reserve my judgement on Shearer being here next season until at least the end of this one. We're yet to win a game under him remember.

that's partially how i feel about it too but then i reckon he must be getting shocked game in game out by the absolute ineptitude of the players he's having to play

From BBC:

1409: Newcastle have changed things around after that group chat, but most of them still don't look like they know where they are playing.

1407: Michael Dawson is stretchered off and replaced by Alan Hutton - let's hope it's nothing too serious. Meanwhile, Alan Shearer and Iain Dowie are talking to about six Newcastle players by the touchline - they're probably asking where they should be playing, because it doesn't look as if half of them know.

That was during our match yesterday.

:kinnear:

It did look at the time like they were saying "Erm, what the fuck are we doing again?"  and you could see Dowie say "4-3-3"

Alan Shearer reveals healthy relationship with Mike Ashley

Apr 24 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

ALAN SHEARER has spoken of his healthy relationship with Newcastle United tycoon Mike Ashley.

The Newcastle United boss was approached by Ashley and his managing director Derek Llambias three weeks ago in what can only described as the last throw of the dice in a torrid season for the Magpies.

Shearer has always maintained that survival of the black-and-whites is all that counts while it is still mathematically possible to stay up.

But the Toon Army know big decisions will have to be made once this nightmare season finally comes to an end, even though Big Al insists he is only in charge until the end of the campaign.

Speaking on his relationship with Ashley and Llambias, Shearer said today: “They have been keeping in touch – they have been keeping in touch most days, to be honest with you.

“We have had a good dialogue.”

Meanwhile Shearer has praised the job done so far by his Portsmouth counterpart Paul Hart.

Hart has guided Pompey away from danger since taking over from Tony Adams this term and Shearer said: “Paul Hart has done well. They need two or three points to survive but he’s done a good job.”

And Shearer says his players will be under no illusions over the task in hand.

He said: “This is the biggest game of the season, no doubt about it. It’s my job to make sure the players know that.”

Shearer’s old club Southampton were effectively relegated from the Championship yesterday when given a 10-point deduction after their’ parent company drifted into administration.

And Shearer is vowing to use his own relegation battle experiences with the Saints from the late 1980s to aid his bid to save Newcastle.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/24/alan-shearer-reveals-healthy-relationship-with-mike-ashley-72703-23463272/

Just watched the press conference, every time I see him I want him to take the job permanently even more. Talks a lot of sense, and it's so nice to have someone likeable as manager again. Surely we can't go back to Kinnear again after Shearer...?

Just watched the press conference, every time I see him I want him to take the job permanently even more. Talks a lot of sense, and it's so nice to have someone likeable as manager again. Surely we can't go back to Kinnear again after Shearer...?

Would you not prefer someone good?

All I want from our manager right now is a winning team, nothing more, nothing less. Couldn't care less about their personality, I'd happily take a complete bastard as our manager if they delivered 3 points more often than not.

Shearer may turn out to be a winning manager for us, but it's far too early to be making that kind of judgement now. Talk is cheap, results are what matters, but let's hope in this case one leads to the other.

Would you not prefer someone good?

All I want from our manager right now is a winning team, nothing more, nothing less. Couldn't care less about their personality, I'd happily take a complete bastard as our manager if they delivered 3 points more often than not.

Shearer may turn out to be a winning manager for us, but it's far too early to be making that kind of judgement now. Talk is cheap, results are what matters, but let's hope in this case one leads to the other.

He's probably run out time to keep us up but that's not his fault. We have a lop-sided squad made up of overpaid, washed up players and most of them aren't fit enough to play at this level. I don't think he could have done much different in such a small window. At least he's had a go.

Not even mourinho could get this pile of deadwood going.

Mourinho would run most of them out of the club within 14 days. He's the one who got shot of Geremi and Duff when he was still winning trophies remember.

Not even mourinho could get this pile of deadwood going.

Mourinho would run most of them out of the club within 14 days. He's the one who got shot of Geremi and Duff when he was still winning trophies remember.

Aye. We left it far, far too late. Should have had a real manager in place for Jan.

Guest neesy111

duff butt smith

howay man alan, thats s****.

He did OK tonight. Was by no means great but did alright in fairness to him.

but we had 4 better midfielders on the bench

Is anyone else harbouring doubts about Shearer's suitability for the post beyond the end opf this season? And if so, are you feeling like a traitor to the cause like I am? I just don't think he's ready. I seriously doubt his ability to manage in the Championship next season too.

Is anyone else harbouring doubts about Shearer's suitability for the post beyond the end opf this season? And if so, are you feeling like a traitor to the cause like I am? I just don't think he's ready. I seriously doubt his ability to manage in the Championship next season too.

You cant judge him with this turbo shit side. Let him build his own team and fail before judging him. FFS