Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Aye, because if Shearer really cared, he'd be sitting by the phone waiting to be offered the job :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, he doesn't have the job yet so can't start any work or planning anything. Until (If) he's hired, there's nothing he can do. Might as well go on holiday rather than sit around the house.

Guest BooBoo

How many times have we seen the Ashley regime tediously drag negotiations out only to bring home a negative result. Bloody tools.

Who will call in the administrators?  The players?

[move]"Newcastle has an annual wage bill of more than £70 million and may be forced into administration if it can’t cut costs following its relegation. "[/move]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/5422313/Newcastle-losing-Mike-Ashley-the-best-solution-says-Mick-Quinn.html

[move] :dowie:  :kinnear:[/move]

Fucking hilariously stupid the press like :lol:

[move]"Newcastle has an annual wage bill of more than £70 million and may be forced into administration if it can’t cut costs following its relegation. "[/move]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/5422313/Newcastle-losing-Mike-Ashley-the-best-solution-says-Mick-Quinn.html

That will be Micky Quinn Arch industrialist/economist/accountant?

Forced into administration by whom?

The club could only be forced into administration by people it owed money to and they'd only do that if it had defaulted on it's payments to them. Who does the club owe money to, other than Ashley? If that quote mentions the wage bill because it's implying that we're in danger of defaulting on the payment of wages and that if we did, the employees (the players basically) would force the club into administration in order to get those wages, then I'd say that's highly unlikely and even if it was then it'd be a long way off. However, I think it's far more likely that the article was written by a footy journo who doesn't actually have the first fucking clue what he's talking about.

See here: http://www.middletonpartners.co.uk/administration_order.htm

Guest toonlass

Has no one learned just to ignore everything until it happens yet?

Nothing will ever be on time or what we want while Ashley's in charge.

That advice is all well and good, and may be exactly what Ashley is doing tbh. But while the club stagnates on making any decisions about anything, our competition is getting ready for the next season. We are doing fuck all, have nothing in place, and are fiddling while Rome burns.

Guest Phil K

would mike ashley call in his debt to himself just to f*** over the fans?  I think so.  The man has clearly lost it.

I believe so too

The crocodile tears he's shedding over relegation and how long and drawn out it is getting someone to buy the club......I mean - hell - even Notts County are managing to find loaded Middle-Easterners to buy them ! Maybe the arabs there were told "Magpies for sale cheap", and think they're buying our lot !

Wasn't yesterday supposed to be frigging d-day according to nufc.com?

I think the Germans might have won this time.

thought nufc said today was d-day...either way i canna see anything happening...didn't they also say that shearer's out of the country and won't be back till monday?

To think, I spent just about every other day last summer arguing with folk who though Ashley was doing a good job  :lol:

You spend just about every day arguing with anyone who thinks almost anything though.

Two weeks after relegation and we still don't have a permanent manager.

What a fucked up thoroughly predicable situation.

:(

how many managers more will we have had , by this time next year.

To think, I spent just about every other day last summer arguing with folk who though Ashley was doing a good job  :lol:

Was the bloke you were arguing with looking back at you through a big shinny object on the wall? :D

From The News Of The World.... what a fucking comic.

Newcastle boss is wanted by West Brom

TONY MOWBRAY - doubts

By DAVID HARRISON, 06/06/2009

ALAN SHEARER is ready to quit Newcastle and take over at West Brom.

The Toon manager's relationship with the club has reached breaking point after owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale after they had crashed out of the Premier League.

And, last night, Shearer emerged as the shock favourite to replace Baggies boss Tony Mowbray, who is expected to move to Celtic this week. Once Mowbray's departure is confirmed, negotiations will begin with the Shearer camp.

And Sport Of The World can reveal that the former England striker will listen favourably to any offer.

The Toon legend has been left frustrated by Newcastle's failure to confirm him as manager and give him the time and resources to revive the club's fortunes.

Two rival consortiums are interested in taking over Newcastle but any sale won't be concluded until July - after Newcastle's players return for pre-season training.

A source close to Shearer said: "The delay is damaging. It has been frustrating for Alan. He will not commit career suicide."