Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

A desperate move by the club, if it turns out to be true. Just wonder why the hell Shearer would agree to come in - now of all times?

Cos he knows he could potentially do something about us dropping out of the premiership??

A desperate move by the club, if it turns out to be true. Just wonder why the hell Shearer would agree to come in - now of all times?

Just a thought, but maybe he loves the club & can't bear to see us relegated?

Cos he knows he could potentially do something about us dropping out of the premiership??

It's a month too late, if it happens. Could be setting himself up for a huge fall if we do go down. Ashley must really be desperate to win the fans back over.

If it's true, I hope he can turn it around. I just don't have a good feeling about it at all.

Holy mother of ...

It's actually looking like it would be Shearer!!!

This would be awesome. We are so down and out it would be a great time for him to come in now. I was of the get more experience camp but at this point we might as well give him a go.

Looks like he's willing to give the system a go till the end of the season. Good man. I suppose it's probably a lot more acceptable under Kinnear than Wise.

Shearer has an amazing end of season,  Kinnear gets moved 'upstairs'/out the back door and Wise gets shot and then Shearer takes it on perminantly in the summer.

Someone make it happen.

It's a month too late, if it happens. Could be setting himself up for a huge fall if we do go down. Ashley must really be desperate to win the fans back over.

If it's true, I hope he can turn it around. I just don't have a good feeling about it at all.

The thing is though, if we go down then it's a good time for him to take the reins anyway.

The thing is though, if we go down then it's a good time for him to take the reins anyway.

Maybe - but if we do go down, many in the media will seek to blame him. It's an interesting move by Ashley - if it goes through.