Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

I'd be apoplectic with rage if Shearer saves us from relegation and that useless git Kinnear is back in charge next season.

You and a couple of hundred thousand others.

Could we have a whip round to pay a hitman?

Guest toonlass

I'd be apoplectic with rage if Shearer saves us from relegation and that useless git Kinnear is back in charge next season.

You and a couple of hundred thousand others.

Could we have a whip round to pay a hitman?

As long as we don't get the one I paid for just before the West Brom game again.

I don't think there's a single Newcastle fan who wouldn't feel incredibly fucked over and annoyed if that happened. That isn't a criticism btw.

Would Wise staying of had much of an effect on Big Al? 8 games only so no transfers to deal with, I doubt even contracts/

If Al was staying longer than 8 games there is no way in hell they can come out and says thats the plan, like in any job you cannot sack a person on the sick, you cannot even interview for their job. Al coming in would have to have been agreed to ny JK, they have to be very careful...

Ashley will offer him the job and Shearer will turn it down.  That's hardly Ashley's fault.

I think it was a matter of principle for Shearer - if you want me, then get rid of Wise.

Shearer at this point held all the cards - and if Ashley wanted him as manager, then those were the conditions.  The slide towards the bottom 3 increased the pressure on Ashley and while he may have rebuffed that request earlier on - at this point he became willing to accept it.

I think it was a matter of principle for Shearer - if you want me, then get rid of Wise.

Shearer at this point held all the cards - and if Ashley wanted him as manager, then those were the conditions.  The slide towards the bottom 3 increased the pressure on Ashley and while he may have rebuffed that request earlier on - at this point he became willing to accept it.

So are we now done with the DOF idea? or if we do stay up and Al does leave will he just brings in another DOF or will JK become the DOF?

Its just in the short term how much say could Al have really? yes they wanted him but he has got a lot of say for just 8 games.

So are we now done with the DOF idea? or if we do stay up and Al does leave will he just brings in another DOF or will JK become the DOF?

Its just in the short term how much say could Al have really? yes they wanted him but he has got a lot of say for just 8 games.

Who are you? And what have you done with Skirge?

:lol:

Hheeellppppppppppppp

They ffkkknnn have meeeeeeeeaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm sure that what we know at the moment is just the tip of the iceberg.  I'm sure there are much bigger plans already in place for next season as long as we survive and stay up.  I'm convinced that the gun is loaded but they are keeping their powder dry until the season plays out.

This is really perfect timing for Shearer.....stay up and be a hero, or go down and no-one will blame him because of the series of cluster-f***s that went on leading up to this.

Guest Phil K

Thing is - I get the impression that Shearer has said "8 games only" because Ashley or whoever has said "Mind - Kinnear is back next season regardless"

Thing is - I get the impression that Shearer has said "8 games only" because Ashley or whoever has said "Mind - Kinnear is back next season regardless"

Or maybe the fact that if they say anything else JK would sue the fk out of them..

If the Shearer appointment goes well and we don't get relegated there is no way Kinnear will be back to manage. Kinnear's contract ends in the Summer anyway (unless he signed that new one the idiots in charge supposedly offered him).

Stay up and the jobs Shearer's if he wants it. Kinnear will be paid off if it's required.

The "only in charge for 8 games" line is because that is all that matters until we are safe from relegation.

Hheeellppppppppppppp

They ffkkknnn have meeeeeeeeaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:lol: More like it.