Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Id like to see Hughton,Calderwood and Kinnear totally gone.

Hughton seems to be a more than adequate coach to be fair, he clearly works very hard. He was s*** as a manager but that's simply because he is not one. Can't really see what Calderwood has brough mind and obviously want Kinnear out, like.

I don't rate Hughton at all, he just seems to be a body that ambles around. I'd approach Speed if I was Shearer.

Apart from because he played for us, why?

Hughton seems to be a more than adequate coach to be fair, he clearly works very hard. He was s*** as a manager but that's simply because he is not one. Can't really see what Calderwood has brough mind and obviously want Kinnear out, like.

I don't rate Hughton at all, he just seems to be a body that ambles around. I'd approach Speed if I was Shearer.

He's got more about him than most, know his fitness, knows the game

I know the game and i'm well aware of my fitness.

I'm a couple of tiers short of 'fat bastard', but i'm getting there. That's Grade A fitness investigation iyam, gimme a job. :pow:

Speed, for those old enough to remeber spent 6 years here, and was a model professional throughout. He has a premiership winners medal, captained us in the champions league and premiership when Shearer was absent and to this day obviously commands respect from players and managers alike.

Not to mention his fantastic inury record and oft spoken of personal fitness routine.

Does Chris Hughton measure up to any of that?

Guest Heneage

He was a leader on the pitch who was a great all round midfielder, get him teaching Guthrie and we'd be set. Speed was still playing well into his late thirties so could teach Butt on how to play the game too. Plus I just like the guy.

Chris Hughton has been a recognised Premier League coach for years, and he was good enough for one Kevin Keegan. So i guess what he lacks in 6 years Newcastle-ness, he makes up for in genuine coaching ability. So he probably does match up.

His hopeless attempt at being a manager (which was hardly his fault) has quite clearly clouded people's perception of Hughton. I don't know an awful lot about him but he's probably a decent coach given his track record.

I like Gary Speed and i think he will go onto be a decent coach or manager one day, but the idea of having two best mates with absolutely no managerial/coaching experience running the ship leaves me feeling a tad uneasy.

Speed, for those old enough to remeber spent 6 years here, and was a model professional throughout. He has a premiership winners medal, captained us in the champions league and premiership when Shearer was absent and to this day obviously commands respect from players and managers alike.

Not to mention his fantastic inury record and oft spoken of personal fitness routine.

None of that means he'll naturally make a good coach.  As I said all he's being judged on is the fact that he played here.

In Shearer, Speed and Dowie you at least have 3 good people, 2 of which played at the highest level and obviously have leadership potential. Hughton doesn't, no matter how many badges he had his mother sew onto his tracksuit

Guest Heneage

he's 40 in spetember and still playing. The fact he was replaced with Nicky Butt is a f***ing insult to all concerned

Aye one of the few things that pissed off my Dad was the day we sold Gary Speed for under a million.

None of that means he'll naturally make a good coach.  As I said all he's being judged on is the fact that he played here.

it isn't just that though, or else people would be suggesting Steve Howey for coach

the same applies to big Al, none of what he achieved guarentees he'll do anything as a manager, but at least with Shearer and Speed the ingredients are there

In Shearer, Speed and Dowie you at least have 3 good people, 2 of which played at the highest level and obviously have leadership potential. Hughton doesn't, no matter how many badges he had his mother sew on to his tracksuit

You're dragging Hughton into an argument that I haven't mentioned him in. :dontknow:

It's just the idea that Spped will be a good coach just because he played here that I don't understand.  :thup:

Being a good person or a good player doesn't make you a good manager or coach.

In Shearer, Speed and Dowie you at least have 3 good people, 2 of which played at the highest level and obviously have leadership potential. Hughton doesn't, no matter how many badges he had his mother sew on to his tracksuit

You're dragging Hughton into an argument that I haven't mentioned him in. :dontknow:

It's just the idea that Spped will be a good coach just because he played here that I don't understand.  :thup:

Being a good person or a good player doesn't make you a good manager or coach.

I wasn't dragging that into the arguement with you to be honest, I was justifying my reasons for having Speed there instead of members of the current setup in response to Yorkie

Speed wasn't just a very good footballer though, he made the absolute best of his talent. Surely this is the type of person we want working with our players?

Since when?

Since when?

Don't you know!?! That Gary Speed, he's so good he's had a Premiership winners' medal since before they even had Premiership winners' medals!! That's just how good he is!!

Since when?

:lol:

Guest getalife

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing Shearer assemble his own team, I'm convinced he'd know his stuff when it comes to putting the right players together. I thought the liklihood would be, if we got relegated he'd want to stay, but if we stayed up he could quite easily take a back seat again with his rep intact and know he's still the man for the hotseat in the future. It's looking more and more likely now though, that he's planning on staying regardless.......

We're going to thump Boro on Monday btw....... :snod:

Hope he signs - before the Boro game. Really is the best thing for us right now, giving the guy who'll get the most time from the supporters a chance to stabilise the club.

totally agree.

Guest labrowski

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing Shearer assemble his own team,

News team ASSEMBLE!