Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Taylor's an awful centre half but a decent RB, there's a massive difference betwen the two positions

was watching bolton-mackems yesterday and kept an eye on cahill 'cause i remember brummie saying he was decent - not wrong in my opinion

stay up, keep bassong & enrique, sign cahill while beye plays and trains taylor at RB

job done, defence for the next 5-10 years there

taylor needs ID'ing as a RB now before it's far too late instead of almost too late, i have to say

Guest Howaythetoon

Taylor may not be the best CB there is but he's a better CB than Colo, although I prefer to see Taylor at RB where he is much better suited and gives the team something.

Until he plays at centre back makes his next balls up (hand ball or crazy foul) and once again he'll be the worst centre back around, oh and "anyone would be better even Colo" will be the catch phrase of the day :)

I'd have Taylor in the team ahead of Colo at the minute tbh.

Gotten to the point where I completely shit myself any time that Coloccini gets anywhere near the ball.

Like I said, he'll play, make a mistake and all of a sudden Colo will be better, its the way this board works.

By the way I don't worry at all when Coloccini's actually on the ball.  I only worry when a big or aggressive striker is on the ball against him or he's marking someone like that from a corner ect.  Its his lack of aggression and pace that worry me, not his control or passing which aren't bad at all.

Like I said, he'll play, make a mistake and all of a sudden Colo will be better, its the way this board works.

That's a load of balls in all honesty. There's a few reactionary types on here but you make it seem like everyone just reacts based on the last game we played, which is quite clearly not the case. If anything people tend to make their minds up about something and stick to their guns about it too much.

And I said "near the ball", not on the ball.

Not everyone, just a lot of them.

By the way surely he can't be on the ball without being near the ball? :D  Take no notice of me, bickering is the only thing taking my mind of the game tomorrow :lol:

I know what you mean about Taylor. I remember him being particularly gushing about Keegan, when now he's effectively saying his methods weren't good enough.

Though tbf Taylor is the perfect example of why you need to deal with players on an individual basis. He could be a very decent player if he ironed out the silly rash mistakes he's been making over and over for years now.

His best form playing as centre-back was under Keegan though. So it sounds to me another case of him arse licking the management as he has done in the past.

I wonder what excuses people will use for him now he's had "individual coaching" when he comes back to being horrific in the centre.

They’ll probably just pick one the many excuses put forward to justify Collocini’s pathetic performances.

ST is decent player with a good attitude.

Based on what exactly?

i dont think nayone can argue that he is decent.

especially at rb.

I can argue it and I will. It's always the same with Taylor fans, they can't actually name me what he's good at when he's playing at centre half.

Anyways this topic has been derailed enough.

comes down to an undividuals definiton of 'decent' i guess doesnt it.

Still not mentioned what he's decent at. ;)

HEADERS!

O0

I know what you mean about Taylor. I remember him being particularly gushing about Keegan, when now he's effectively saying his methods weren't good enough.

Though tbf Taylor is the perfect example of why you need to deal with players on an individual basis. He could be a very decent player if he ironed out the silly rash mistakes he's been making over and over for years now.

His best form playing as centre-back was under Keegan though. So it sounds to me another case of him arse licking the management as he has done in the past.

I wonder what excuses people will use for him now he's had "individual coaching" when he comes back to being horrific in the centre.

They’ll probably just pick one the many excuses put forward to justify Collocini’s pathetic performances.

ST is decent player with a good attitude.

Based on what exactly?

i dont think nayone can argue that he is decent.

especially at rb.

I can argue it and I will. It's always the same with Taylor fans, they can't actually name me what he's good at when he's playing at centre half.

Anyways this topic has been derailed enough.

comes down to an undividuals definiton of 'decent' i guess doesnt it.

Still not mentioned what he's decent at. ;)

HEADERS!

O0

Best natural finisher we have. fact :lol:

got it massively roght tonight, and showed balls and single mindedness to bring owen off.

hats off alan.

Excellent decision to bring off Jonas too. Lovenkrands did very well when he came on.

My only real worry with Shearer is that he might persuade Owen to stay.

Why would he do that? He's dropped him and subbed him off when we needed a goal. I think Shearer knows that Owen's not the same player anymore.

The same reasons that will get Owen a contract wherever he ends up next season.

The manager will believe that he's the man who can either get Owen playing at something like his best again or they can help him adapt his game so that he's still a goalscoring threat.

I hope Shearer isn't the manager to take that task on because I believe that Owen is all but finished as a top flight footballer.

reporter 'does this make you feel you want to stay on'

shearer 'silly question, cant belive you ve asked me it, let me enjoy this first'

reporter 'your not rulin git out though'

shearer 'im not ruling it in either'

reporter 'its a possibility though'

shearer 'you say'

was the speed of his answers that made me laugh, clever as fuck.

Looking past his pedigree as a player, I really get the feeling he has what it takes to be a decent manager.

I agree, impressed me a lot so far even though the results haven't been great. Mentioned it before tonight as well. I think (and hope) he's got something about him.