Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

is anyone getting the feeling that the longer this drags on the more it is likely to turn out the way it did when we eneterd a couple of days of talks to keep keegan ?

Yep..my sentiments exactly.

They aint been talking long though,  we have the matter of JFK (prob try fit him in somewhere), coaching staff contracts, length of the deal, investment, assurances, etc is going to take a while.

is anyone getting the feeling that the longer this drags on the more it is likely to turn out the way it did when we eneterd a couple of days of talks to keep keegan ?

Yep..my sentiments exactly.

They aint been talking long though,  we have the matter of JFK (prob try fit him in somewhere), coaching staff contracts, length of the deal, investment, assurances, etc is going to take a while.

i very much doubt contracts would even be discussed (other staff). i'll bet personal details for shearer are already sorted, the sticking points will be how much he'll be given to get us back up and what freedom he has to do that.

v two days of this v

a) AS :I need to know how much can i spend on buying players.

b) MA : Ill let you know next transfer window.

c) return to a.

There's nothing to worry about just yet, don't expect Shearer to jump into to bed with Ashley straight off the bat, he's got to play the power game a little with him and is probably deliberatly stalling right now, trying to ensure that he's got the backing and Ashley knows the dangers of not fulfilling any promises made.

If by the end of the week there is still no sign of an announcement then I will begin to get a little worried but not right now and I'm as impatient a bastard as there is.

Guest michaelfoster

Why fit in Kinnear when he's out of contract on 30 June?

They said the earliest we'll hear anything is Thursday anyway didn't they? Or was that paper talk?

Llambias said he hoped to be able to tell us something by the end of the week.

I can see this turning into a "Sorry folks, Alan was the man we wanted and we did everything to get him, but unfortunately it wasnt beneficial for both parties"

......and we are fucked.

Why fit in Kinnear when he's out of contract on 30 June?

Derek and Ashley love him, im sure they will attempt to keep him at the club in some capacity.

Okay I'm a bit nervous now.

Let's hope the negotiations are taking so long because there's going to be a complete upheaval of the club and not because things are particularly in dispute.

Guest firetotheworks

If either party is going against the grain of the other at this stage then we're very likely to get fucked at some stage down the line, regardless of how these negotiations transpire.

Let's hope the negotiations are taking so long because there's going to be a complete upheaval of the club and not because things are particularly in dispute.

I'm hoping that when Llambias said that he hoped to 'have some more news by the end of the week', he expected talks to be going on this long. There might just be alot to discuss.

I'm hoping that when Llambias said that he hoped to 'have some more news by the end of the week', he expected talks to be going on this long. There might just be alot to discuss.

"Aww go on, let us have Dennis back... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?"

Guest fading star

its ok man, they've said they want him, we know he wants the job, there's more talks planned for tomorrow. the news will come eventually, this lot never do anything quickly.

what do you think the stumbling block is?

its ok man, they've said they want him, we know he wants the job, there's more talks planned for tomorrow. the news will come eventually, this lot never do anything quickly.

There may not be one, could just be lots to talk about.

Hopefully they're planning for the next 10-15 years, so things like academy matters etc. need to be sorted out as well as first team stuff.

I think I'd be more worried if things were sorted in a few hours.  Otherwise...

'oh..Alan....we forgot to say....this is our new DoF.'

:kinnear:

Hopefully Shearer's getting every fucking detail agreed, confirmed and put down in writing in his contract, and that's what is taking ages. Lawyers charge by the hour.

couldnt even begin to say. i know very little about the inner workings of a football club.