Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

Inside Info... Team for sat...

-----------------MARTINS----------------SHOLA--------------------

--------------------------------OWEN---------------------------------

DUFF------------BUTT------------------NOLAN----------R. TAYLOR

-----------EDGAR------------BASSONG-----------BEYE-------------

--------------------------------HARPER--------------------------------

:lol: Nearly

Yup./

shola there maybe for the height.

Maybe so...but it's pace what we should have used against height!

Martins is better than Shola in the air. Shola will do his normal 50p head jump under the ball or concede a needless FK routine

looking forward to hearing where oba is like.

I'm just happy he's not in the squad.

Why?

'cause he's been shite lately, and it's about time we try something else. Though Shola wouldn't have been my first option as something else, naturally.

So you would drop him from the whole squad?

Yeah, if Shola doesn't work, toss in Carroll or Ranger. Much rather see what they can do than Martins, as I know what Martins can do. Be egoistic and waste chances.

If Shola doesn't work?  Let me get this straight, Martins would obviously just miss chances, but Shola might work? :lol:

Yeah, Shola passes the ball, which might mean others can get a chance at goal as well instead of the ball going to the moon.

Guest firetotheworks

Shola may have his 3 game 'form' that he tends to have when a new manager comes in maybe?

Clutching at straws.

If Shola doesn't work?  Let me get this straight, Martins would obviously just miss chances, but Shola might work? :lol:

You must be kidding like? Do you honestly expect him to work?

I might have accepted decision like this in case Shola would have been playing for the reserves on a regular basis and banging goals like this Macheda guy(or even Ranger) but a player of his calibre lacking match fitness being picked ahead of Oba is just pure madness

Work better alongside Owen than Martins? Yeah, I do actually. He'll be shite and not score, but he can probably manage to set Owen up once or twice, something Martins can only dream of doing.

No.. obviously I don't :lol:

Perhaps Owen was asked on who he'd rather have partner him....

I used to stick up for Ameobi, but the faith that so many managers place in him is bizarre. He's regressed so much (as a footballer) in the last 2/3 years, it's untrue. And now we are pinning our hopes on him? :-/

Shola may have his 3 game 'form' that he tends to have when a new manager comes in maybe?

Clutching at straws.

was just thinking that actually haha lets pray!

i think martins must be injured and would have been in ahead of duff. still i would play jonas ahead of duff bit come on wat ever team is out lets F***in do em!!!!!!!

Guest neesy111

Perhaps Owen was asked on who he'd rather have partner him....

I used to stick up for Ameobi, but the faith that so many managers place in him is bizarre. He's regressed so much (as a footballer) in the last 2/3 years, it's untrue. And now we are pinning our hopes on him? :-/

if that's true, then shearer is a clown for making owen basically his on-field manager

owen is finished as a striker, even charlie niclous said he could hardly move

I was thinking he may be for his 1st touch & work ethic.

:lol: :lol:

This must be the worst line-up ever this season! Shearer's such a long way from proving us wrong at the moment...

I was thinking he may be for his 1st touch & work ethic.

:lol: :lol:

This must be the worst line-up ever this season! Shearer's such a long way to prove us wrong at the moment...

The game's not been played yet.