Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

colo proved to me under keegan he was good. he has though been absolutely awful in recent games and cost us points with that and therefore i would bench him till things getsorted in the summer. I would not sell him though, he has proven he is good, just needs a centre midfield in front of him.

He was poor in Keegan's last game. Arsenal should have gotten a penalty from him, but had to do with the three other goals instead. He was poor against Coventry as well.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Heard him referred to as Cottagecheesy, very soft in the middle I suppose.  :undecided:

Personally for the stoke match (and I never thought I'd say this) but I'd play Taylor ahead of Colo.

Colo is constantly beaten in the air far too easily, he doesn't appear to be up for the rough and tumble tackles and is turned or pushed away by the player he's marking as far as I can tell.

Taking that into consideration would you play a guy who can't head the ball and can't hold his own space against a team who play alot of long/high balls into the box and are a team full of scrappers.

Personally for the stoke match (and I never thought I'd say this) but I'd play Taylor ahead of Colo.

Colo is constantly beaten in the air far too easily, he doesn't appear to be up for the rough and tumble tackles and is turned or pushed away by the player he's marking as far as I can tell.

Taking that into consideration would you play a guy who can't head the ball and can't hold his own space against a team who play alot of long/high balls into the box and are a team full of scrappers.

I think he has been dropped.

But yes, playing him you might as well give them a goal start.

Well he can't head for s***, so against stoke rugby fc I think it would be wise to drop him.

Thinking about it, his positioning at times has been absolutely dreadful.

He also has that Boumsong trait of sticking to the opposition striker like a genital wart, even if he gets pulled out to the touchline or to the half way like, where he gets burned for pace and leaves a big hole in the middle. See Diably goal V Arsenal for an example but he has done it many, many times this season. Very frustrating.

I feel sorry for him like i do with many other players when they come here claiming this is their big move, especially as there looked to be a realistic chance we might actually push for Europe this season. Must make him sick seeing Depor only 5 points from the Champions League spot and we're 3 points from safety, could be the reason for his poor form tbh.

Guest Stephen927

S.Taylor, Beye, Bassong, Enrique

Doesn't look too bad as a back line, and can see Shearer going with it. Jury is still out on Beye's capability as a centre half, but in times like these we can't carry any players. Coloccini needs some time out on the bench and focus purely on improving his skills in training and work out how he's going to adapt better to the Premiership and it's physical strikers. Wouldn't do him any harm to have a few weeks out, get his confidence back up and then slot back into the back four if we're safe or if we need him for injuries.

Hopefully next season we see the real Coloccini and we can just put this season down to him adapting.

The best hope colo has is to improve his strength & his tactical awareness through coaching. If he gets stronger...he might not get pushed off the ball so easily...and if he uses his head he wouldnt need to use his pace to catch up to players that have gotten past him in the first place.

Hes got a lot of disadvantages to work with though. Taylors looked no worse in the same position, hes actually made several key tackles this season for us.

So if anyone looks to have potential to improve under Al its taylor atm. Gets useful goals aswell.

Guest Stephen927

He is broke.

Fuck, just seen that on .com

Beye, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Bassong.

Probably the best we can muster then.

He is broke.

f***, just seen that on .com

Taylor is out as well mate.  ;D

Guest Stephen927

He is broke.

Let Shearer pick then, it is what he's paid to do.

:lol:

Guest optimistic nit

He is broke.

Let Shearer pick then, it is what he's paid to do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deporik

Who would of though La Coruña have dramitcally improved on selling Colo & Xisco.

Dramatically??? We finished 9th last year and are currently sitting in 8th.

I feel sorry for you guys and the likes of Colo and Xisco. You just haven't seen the best of them and it's like Mike Ashley has the Midas touch but in reverse.

Xisco will come good next season, as for Colo, I hope he gets the chance but I have my doubts he'll be here come August

You hope Colo gets a chance? until Shearer came wasn't he our most played player?

Xisco will come good next season, as for Colo, I hope he gets the chance but I have my doubts he'll be here come August

You hope Colo gets a chance? until Shearer came wasn't he our most played player?

Put a decent midfield in front him instead of the shower of shit we have at the moment he may just show us the talent that he has.