Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

Xisco will come good next season, as for Colo, I hope he gets the chance but I have my doubts he'll be here come August

You hope Colo gets a chance? until Shearer came wasn't he our most played player?

Put a decent midfield in front him instead of the shower of s*** we have at the moment he may just show us the talent that he has.

Does Bassong no harm

I'm a massive fan of Bassong, but there's no doubt he's probably our only player with any luck. There's several occasions where he gave away a penalty that wasn't given or should have been cautioned/sent off.

Colo has quality as any Depor fan will tell you. If we stay up I imagine he'll stay for one more season at least and if we go down there'll be pretty much no chance of him staying.

I'm a massive fan of Bassong, but there's no doubt he's probably our only player with any luck. There's several occasions where he gave away a penalty that wasn't given or should have been cautioned/sent off.

Colo has quality as any Depor fan will tell you. If we stay up I imagine he'll stay for one more season at least and if we go down there'll be pretty much no chance of him staying.

If we stay up, trying to sell a player that was bought for 10 mil after 1 bad season would be bad business no? Hopefully we could see if he improves or sell him a season after that? Ideally though, if he was so poor he couldn't play next season either - we loan him to a a La Liga side, hopefully one with aspirations for top 5, and put some clauses in that if he plays X amoutn and they finish at a certain level then the price tag is X amount. To me that would make best business sense...

You know, I said during the early stages that he was a suerb defender.

I can recognise that he has dropped some terrible clangers but the way he has been villified has been way over the top imo.

People on radio stations saying he is the worst player they have ever seen etc is a load of bullshit for a start.

I still reckon he would be class in a good team.

Or for the people with half decent observational skills.

You can say what you want about his "potential" to be good, thats severely debatable and rarely backed by any logical arguments.

But no one can say he's been anything but shocking this season for his price tag/status before he came.

Guest neesy111

I said from the start that Coloccini would get some stick this season. Argentine, not the most aggressive, easy target for the idiots

argentina are known for their very aggressive players with alot of strength, it's the reason why there players do better than brazilians in england

colo simply doesn't have it in the prem

I'd sell in the summer personally. The main reason is because he doesn't seem to be able to put in a decent slide tackle or last ditch lunge - at all. That is his biggest weakness by far for me. It means that if he makes the smallest of mistakes, he's not going to attone for them before he's punished. Ever.

Come to think of it, has he made one good recovery challenge since coming here where he's either flung himself at the ball or slid in to make up an extra yard or two? I can't recall any. I only seem to recall that no matter the situation, he'll almost always stay on his feet, and at best should there be a real threat or danger, he'll do something useless like the splits or try to poke a toe at the ball as it's going past him. His best defensive moments with us from earlier on in the season were when one-on-one with an opposition attacker and he managed to read which way they're going and stab the ball away from them. But that's totally different to being able to make up that extra yard or two with a well timed, well anticipated slide tackle or last ditch lunge. If he can't go to ground, then he needs to be extremely good in other areas, which obviously isn't the case.

And if Jonas doesn't like Colo being sold, then Jonas needs to be told that we don't all get what we want. The spoilt fairy.

I said from the start that Coloccini would get some stick this season. Argentine, not the most aggressive, easy target for the idiots

argentina are known for their very aggressive players with alot of strength, it's the reason why there players do better than brazilians in england

which Argentine has really shined in the premiership? I cant think of one except Tevez

Guest Stephen927

which Argentine has really shined in the premiership? I cant think of one except Tevez

Mascherano is the only other one who springs to mind.

There's plenty of foreign defenders who have struggled in their first season and come good eventually as well. If we ever get a team that can retain posession Colo will look a lot better IMO. He's clearly a player who likes playing in a team which can control the tempo. It's possible he's just shite as well, but I wouldn't want to write him off just yet.

at a push

on the subject of Argentines, I've been to a few games at Elland Road recently and Luciano Beechio looks like he could be quite a useful player, good engine on him, very assertive.

Same goes for Beckford, little c***, not a whole hell of a lot of impact in general play but there where it matters, both could step up imho.

at a push

You're not easily pleased then?

It must do your head in supporting NUFC. In fact you'd probably be disappointed supporting Barcelona.

heinze didn't do too badly, either has julio arca come to think of it

Carlos Marinelli?

Carlos Marinelli?

:lol: No.

Heinze was good before he had that knee injury. Let us not forget the titan that was Nelson Vivas at Arsenal.

Guest firetotheworks

Mascherano and Heinze are/were class in the prem. I still think Jonas will shine, and Im sticking with Colo, not to the extent that I think he'll shine, but I think he'll come good.