Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

Well thats not true, but even if it was i dont see the relevance.

Name the games colo proved he had any ability in.

Bassong only played a handful of times before Fulham and they were all at left back, I can't remember him covering up for Colo. The relevance?  You said he only played well because Bassong was mopping up for him!

Games played well in: Man U, Bolton, Fulham (at least for most of the game), Chelsea, Boro (although can't remember much from this game).

And do you define "played well" as him making good tackles, interceptions, headed clearances etc or simply not making any ridiculous errors. Because i saw all the games you've named & i do not remember seeing very much that impressed atall. As i say, beyond people pointing out his great level of "composure".

Realistically, there are far far far more games at the start, middle & end of the season where you can pick out colo's errors that have lead to goals over any moments he actually had a beneficial impact. From the Arsenal game, he has been at fault often

I love how at best, people can name about 4 games where he debatably put in a half decent performance & dont realise that saying this means theyre basically agreeing hes been average/crap the other 27. Yet supposedly its only his recent performances which anyone can criticize.

Bassong only played a handful of times before Fulham and they were all at left back, I can't remember him covering up for Colo. The relevance?  You said he only played well because Bassong was mopping up for him!

Games played well in: Man U, Bolton, Fulham (at least for most of the game), Chelsea, Boro (although can't remember much from this game).

And do you define "played well" as him making good tackles, interceptions, headed clearances etc or simply not making any ridiculous errors. Because i saw all the games you've named & i do not remember seeing very much that impressed atall. As i say, beyond people pointing out his great level of "composure".

Realistically, there are far far far more games at the start, middle & end of the season where you can pick out colo's errors that have lead to goals over any moments he actually had a beneficial impact. From the Arsenal game, he has been at fault often

What is the point in picking out his interceptions, tackles or headers won as you deny having seen any? He's clearly not playing well at the moment so it's hardly worth arguing the case anyway.

Man Utd away, portsmouth away, Villa at Home, Coventry away, Chelsea away & Citeh at home I can remember being very good performances from him.

I think Shearer has seen enough.

When he says he hasn't got time to make mistakes, I bet he also means "if anyone plays bad, they're out". He's spent a season watching Coloccini on the MOTD sofas and he clearly is aware (and he's probably been told by Hughton as well) that his form could be described as 'patchy' (and thats me being rather generous tbf).

I havent seen enough of Coloccini personally to pass judgement but if Shearer is dropping him I am delighted we have someone in charge who isnt going to piss about and is going to be ruthless with team selection. Its what we have been crying out for for goodness knows how long.

I havent seen enough of Coloccini personally to pass judgement but if Shearer is dropping him I am delighted we have someone in charge who isnt going to piss about and is going to be ruthless with team selection. Its what we have been crying out for for goodness knows how long.

That would be nice if he did that with Owen when he's playing shit also.

His debut.

He had a dodgy debut. Never did understand why people came away from the Man Utd match pleased with him, he looked like Bambi on ice more than once. I excused it on the grounds that he'd had about one day's training in him, but still...

His debut.

He had a dodgy debut. Never did understand why people came away from the Man Utd match pleased with him, he looked like Bambi on ice more than once. I excused it on the grounds that he'd had about one day's training in him, but still...

Yep. Didn't look convincing at all.

Guest optimistic nit

At fault for both goals and criminally twice for the first....And just for good measure nearly at fault for a third. I don't really know what's wrong with him, but let's find out next year.

I say we should try to ship him out and try to get some of the money back. I'd rather we went with Bassong and Taylor for the next season than have Colo anywhere near the first team, unless of course he drastically improves. Something I doubt he will.

:lol:

thats a good idea.

spend a large sum of money on an international standard centreback, he has a rocky first season, ship him out and replace him with a defender with no international experience who has had a rocky 4 years and would be playing for someone like Norwich right now if he wasn't from newcastle and the only decent product of a failed youth system.

colo was dreadful against chelsea, but he's had good games as well.

attempting to solve a problem by throwing money at it is what got us where we are now, lets actually see if we try and actually behave like a well run football club for once. i know it doesn't sound like you're trying to solve the problem with money, as you're selling colo, when you realise that taylor makes even more mistakes at cb than colo does and having edgar and cacapa as our backup defenders is probably not a good idea you'll end up spending just as much if not more money replacing colo, and when he doesn't turn out to be pele after 5 games he'll be on the transfer list as well.

get slaughtered for asking this probably but surely he could do a better job than butt at DM?  if he's told to mop up and keep it simple, he can obviously read a game but doesn't seem too adept at sticking to his man in tight situations

play this:

r taylor-beye-bassong-enrique

----------------colo------------------

-----guthrie---------jonas---------

---------------owen-----------------

-----martins--------carroll---------

or some variation

i refuse, REFUSE to accept he couldn't be a more effective DM than butt

Guest optimistic nit

Terrible couple of errors from Colo leading to the first goal, but i put the blame squarely on Duff for playing the ball back into the center when it was safe out on the wing. Duff just took the easy route when he was pressured, and he didn't even try to work the ball up the line. Duff - turn left - blocked, turn right - blocked. No worries, lets just hook in back into the top of the Penalty Area and let the D figure it out.  My U13s would have got a right earfull -had they made that mistake.

Shocking defensive work from Colo, but an incredibly stupid move from Duff.

Jesus christ.  One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on on this forum.  Well done.

Coloccini makes 2 glaring errors, yet it's all Duff's fault for playing it simple.  I feel sorry for the kids you manage.

christ sakes man its a fucking internet forum.

get slaughtered for asking this probably but surely he could do a better job than butt at DM?  if he's told to mop up and keep it simple, he can obviously read a game but doesn't seem too adept at sticking to his man in tight situations

play this:

or some variation

He played DM against Man City and was shit.

play this:

or some variation

He played DM against Man City and was shit.

oh well case closed

At fault for both goals and criminally twice for the first....And just for good measure nearly at fault for a third. I don't really know what's wrong with him, but let's find out next year.

I say we should try to ship him out and try to get some of the money back. I'd rather we went with Bassong and Taylor for the next season than have Colo anywhere near the first team, unless of course he drastically improves. Something I doubt he will.

thats a good idea.

spend a large sum of money on an international standard centreback,  :cheesy:

:mackems:

It doesn't matter, he's too small and slow for the giants of the PL he faces week in week out.

Guest optimistic nit

thats a good idea.

It doesn't matter, he's too small and slow for the giants of the PL he faces week in week out.

according to you.

thats a good idea.

purple prose indeed

Guest Ebolarama

Terrible couple of errors from Colo leading to the first goal, but i put the blame squarely on Duff for playing the ball back into the center when it was safe out on the wing. Duff just took the easy route when he was pressured, and he didn't even try to work the ball up the line. Duff - turn left - blocked, turn right - blocked. No worries, lets just hook in back into the top of the Penalty Area and let the D figure it out.  My U13s would have got a right earfull -had they made that mistake.

Shocking defensive work from Colo, but an incredibly stupid move from Duff.

Jesus christ.  One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on on this forum.  Well done.

Coloccini makes 2 glaring errors, yet it's all Duff's fault for playing it simple.  I feel sorry for the kids you manage.

christ sakes man its a f***ing internet forum.

And as such it is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

colo proved to me under keegan he was good. he has though been absolutely awful in recent games and cost us points with that and therefore i would bench him till things getsorted in the summer. I would not sell him though, he has proven he is good, just needs a centre midfield in front of him.