Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

Bs. No one can possibly state that Colocinni "will come good".

A statement based on nothing but hope.

He has shown in no way this season any reason to believe that he will & out of all our defenders this season, he has easily looked the most hopeless.

So whether thats down to lack of ability or lack of determination. He clearly lacks something that the others have. Wheres the reason to believe that he'll come good.

Because he did well in a completely different league, with a different style of play that didnt expose his weaknesses ?

Oh yeah, hes gonna be a star.

He isn't going to make it in the premiership in my opinion for one reason, and one reason alone. His lack of physical attributes.

that can easily be addressed and you both know it. Anyone can build strength

he needs to be more agressive yes, but that can develop with time

Funny, people go on about his performances earleir in the season but I thought he was distinctly average at the start and has just gone downhill from there.

I can't comment on how good he was in other leagues but I don't think decision making or lack of it should be different from one league to the other and he makes some shocking decisions on the ball. 

It may be he is finding things difficult to adjust to the pace/physical side etc which could be addressed (though why spend £10m on a defender who needs to address these things in the first place) but with the ball at his feet it shouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

We never should have sold Faye like.

Enrique - Faye - Bassong - Beye   :thup:

So true! Very strong and calm central defence supported by quality fullbacks! Something to build on...but the problem is still in the central midfield as they can't provide any sort of support and cover for Colo/Taylor & Bassong

I'm not saying Coloccini will definitely come good, but Evra and Vidic both looked shaky in their first seasons at Man U, imagine if they were playing in a relegation threatened team rather than a team going for the title.  

As I say its not guaranteed that Colo will come good, but he should definitely be given the chance next season.

probably not helped by the fact he was considered behind Steven Taylor in the pecking order

Keegan played Faye and Taylor together.  The reason he left was for refusing to do something under Keegan (travel, train or play, I can't remember).

probably not helped by the fact he was considered behind Steven Taylor in the pecking order

Keegan played Faye and Taylor together.  The reason he left was for refusing to do something under Keegan (travel, train or play, I can't remember).

Faye was always going to be the one losing out once Coloccini was brought in

thought faye was sold well before colo pitched up no?

thought faye was sold well before colo pitched up no?

Both transfers were announced on the same day.

Terrible couple of errors from Colo leading to the first goal, but i put the blame squarely on Duff for playing the ball back into the center when it was safe out on the wing. Duff just took the easy route when he was pressured, and he didn't even try to work the ball up the line. Duff - turn left - blocked, turn right - blocked. No worries, lets just hook in back into the top of the Penalty Area and let the D figure it out.  My U13s would have got a right earfull -had they made that mistake.

Shocking defensive work from Colo, but an incredibly stupid move from Duff.

Jesus christ.  One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on on this forum.  Well done.

Coloccini makes 2 glaring errors, yet it's all Duff's fault for playing it simple.  I feel sorry for the kids you manage.

I already said that Colo made dreadfull errors, but the ball was safe out on the touchline, and instead was hooked into the top of the Penalty area. One bounce (and a poor touch) and the Anelka was all over Colo.

If you think "playing it simple" means putting the ball into a dangerous area in such a way that it requires a one-time hoofing clearance than I'm glad you're not coaching my kids.  That's an even dumber a statement than you think mine was.

The way the ball came in to Colo (in hindsite) he should have hoofed it out of there, instead took a touch, bobbled it and then was in deep ****.

I expect more from both players.....better control and touch from Colocini and not passing the ball into dangerous places.

Terrible couple of errors from Colo leading to the first goal, but i put the blame squarely on Duff for playing the ball back into the center when it was safe out on the wing. Duff just took the easy route when he was pressured, and he didn't even try to work the ball up the line. Duff - turn left - blocked, turn right - blocked. No worries, lets just hook in back into the top of the Penalty Area and let the D figure it out.  My U13s would have got a right earfull -had they made that mistake.

Jesus christ.  One of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on on this forum.  Well done.

Coloccini makes 2 glaring errors, yet it's all Duff's fault for playing it simple.  I feel sorry for the kids you manage.

I already said that Colo made dreadfull errors, but the ball was safe out on the touchline, and instead was hooked into the top of the Penalty area. One bounce (and a poor touch) and the Anelka was all over Colo.

If you think "playing it simple" means putting the ball into a dangerous area in such a way that it requires a one-time hoofing clearance than I'm glad you're not coaching my kids.  That's an even dumber a statement than you think mine was.

The way the ball came in to Colo (in hindsite) he should have hoofed it out of there, instead took a touch, bobbled it and then was in deep ****.

I expect more from both players.....better control and touch from Colocini and not passing the ball into dangerous places.

It's hard to disagree with some of what was said there, Duff could clearly see that Anelka was running at Colo before he even passed the ball, so it was stupid to play it back.

It's a shame really because he'd been having a very good game before the mistake and it would have been interesting to see people's reactions had he not done it. He in general plays a lot better without Bassong, it's just a little too late atm because he's lost so much confidence.

Duff might as well play for the opposition, at least that way he will create chances for us.

It's hard to disagree with some of what was said there, Duff could clearly see that Anelka was running at Colo before he even passed the ball, so it was stupid to play it back.

It's a shame really because he'd been having a very good game before the mistake and it would have been interesting to see people's reactions had he not done it. He in general plays a lot better without Bassong, it's just a little too late atm because he's lost so much confidence.

what on earth are you talking about?

Guest toonlass

I think Coloccini is a good footballer but what we are seeing now is a player devoid of all confidence, and for that reason, and the position we are in, I agree that he should be taken out of the firing line if Bassong and Taylor are fit.

Further to that, I am very disappointed with Coloccini's character, even when he makes a mistake he shows no real desire to get back and try and rectify it. If he had shown some heart on Saturday he could still have prevented Lampard's goal.

:clap:

I think Coloccini is a good footballer but what we are seeing now is a player devoid of all confidence, and for that reason, and the position we are in, I agree that he should be taken out of the firing line if Bassong and Taylor are fit.

Further to that, I am very disappointed with Coloccini's character, even when he makes a mistake he shows no real desire to get back and try and rectify it. If he had shown some heart on Saturday he could still have prevented Lampard's goal.

Now seeing a player lacking confidence.... :lol: he's been dreadful all season get a season ticket man.

Tell me who this good technical South American footballer you see is because it wasn't the one that showed that dreadful first touch of his leading to the goal that ultimately lost us the game last Saturday.

The continuous excuses for this dreadful player has gone on long enough he has consistently cost us goals and ultimately matches all season which if it continues will result in relegation now if Alan with the standards he expects doesn't have him dropped at first chance I'll be very surprised.