Ryan Taylor/Nolan

Guest K9

Guest zogonthetyne

The continued presence of Nolan, Butt and Owen is absolutely killing us as a team

:thup:

Particularly Owen who we seem to be pinning our hopes of survival on.

He can actually pass the ball and move and like it or not he IS the best finisher at the club.  People really want him out of the team?  Play him behind Martins and Viduka, ala last year and i think it will improve the team.

His contribution in the last few weeks has been almost nothing though.

Pump long balls to him and what do you expect? Personally I dislike him but play it on the floor to him and you see a different player. Watch him closely, he never loses the ball needlessly and plays the right passes.

That's a suspension for Ryan Taylor now isn't it? Thank the fucking lord upon high.

Huh? According to .com he had 3 bookings before this game.

On Sky, when he was booked for that foul on Lennon, the graphic (spinning yellow card) had a number 5 on it.

Guest Phil K

Blame that incompetent git Kinnear

Though to be honest, I thought Nolan would be better than the tub of sh1te he actually has been.

Taylor though I expected to be crap - and thats the only thing he hasn't disappointed in being.

And to think Ashley has offered a ****** contract to Kinnear instead of ripping out his life support pipes....

Ah right, I obviously missed that. :celb:

It's not a suspension though is it? I thought after March, all previous cards don't count or whatever.

Mr Gray never mentioned a suspension when the graphic came up. He normally does.

Just goes to show how inept Butt and Nolan were today that Smith looked an improvement on them both. Guthrie must start next game doubt it though.

It makes you question Shearer's eye for a player if Guthrie doesn't get a game before Nolan. Keegan would never have made that mistake, and I didn't think Shearer would have either.

As I said last week, Guthrie must play in every game until the end of the season, but by missing out today he is that much further from match fitness when we are going to need him playing at 100%.

Much as I hate to criticise Shearer, I think he's made a big mistake not playing Guthrie today.

Ah right, I obviously missed that. :celb:

It's not a suspension though is it? I thought after March, all previous cards don't count or whatever.

Mr Gray never mentioned a suspension when the graphic came up. He normally does.

I would have thought Sky would have reset their on-screen counter then, no? The fact it wasn't mentioned is why I didn't notice it tbh.

Just goes to show how inept Butt and Nolan were today that Smith looked an improvement on them both. Guthrie must start next game doubt it though.

It makes you question Shearer's eye for a player if Guthrie doesn't get a game before Nolan. Keegan would never have made that mistake, and I didn't think Shearer would have either.

As I said last week, Guthrie must play in every game until the end of the season, but by missing out today he is that much further from match fitness when we are going to need him playing at 100%.

Much as I hate to criticise Shearer, I think he's made a big mistake not playing Guthrie today.

The only defense of Shearer i can come up with is he doesnt think Guthrie has a enough fitness  then i think to myself "fit enough for bench fit to start" ,hopefully he will have learnt something today as he did from Amoebi the week before .

The only defense of Shearer i can come up with is he doesnt think Guthrie has a enough fitness  then i think to myself "fit enough for bench fit to start" ,hopefully he will have learnt something today as he did from Amoebi the week before .

We can't afford for him to weed the crap out at the rate of one turd per game though can we?

Shearer must stick with his best players and one game plan and see where that takes us.

Maybe Guthrie is lacking a bit of match fitness but in hindsight he surely must have more fitness that Butt and Nolan. Their fitness levels are a disgrace to proffessional footballers, Viduka looked sharper than both of them, considering he's a slow fully fit let alone the condition he is in today. Nolan even more embarrasing than Butt, Nolan looked like a player who is playing the last season of his career.

I think if Barton and Guthrie had been fit most of the season it could have made a massive difference. The lack of legs in  the middle has been our biggest problem all season IMO.

Guest stjamestoon

Yeah i agree. I think butt is passed it, and he has been a big weak link this season. Maybe next season he may shine in a weaker league.

Maybe Guthrie is lacking a bit of match fitness but in hindsight he surely must have more fitness that Butt and Nolan. Their fitness levels are a disgrace to proffessional footballers, Viduka looked sharper than both of them, considering he's a slow fully fit let alone the condition he is in today. Nolan even more embarrasing than Butt, Nolan looked like a player who is playing the last season of his career.

I think if Barton and Guthrie had been fit most of the season it could have made a massive difference. The lack of legs in  the middle has been our biggest problem all season IMO.

In retrospect, Lee Cattermole pretty much sent us down.

Yeah i agree. I think butt is passed it, and he has been a big weak link this season. Maybe next season he may shine in a weaker league.

Yep...at Newcastle United in the Championship! Not that sure about shining though

Taylors passing/crossing/corners is just plain terrible, did anyone noticed if he even got one right today? i think i counted to one good delivery.

That one that ended up with Martins towards the end (best chance of the game) was intended for Viduka if you watch it.

So if that's the one you're counting, make it zero. He is fucking appalling, but then again these days, who isn't?

In retrospect, Lee Cattermole pretty much sent us down.

Is the truth - whilst we had a squad that was obviously too weak, that c*nt took out our best defender and only creative central midfielder for the best part of a season.

• 4 weeks later...

Credit to Nolan for improving on short notice but Ryan Taylor, you are a cock-sucking moron I never want to see playing for us ever again. How god damn retarded do you have to be to turn a clearence into a cross for the opposing team?

Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan

Kinnear's reign summed up pretty well, absolute s****

Er i bet they weren't his signings though..

Before the window even opened was only ever talking about loan signings, in positions we actually needed like a LB - which we didnt get and a young midfielder with legs on him