Stoke City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 28

JH

Everyone is praising Carrol, but hey how about Jonas, when he got in the team changed completely. Nolan started to play better and even Duff was decent when Jonas came on.

But yes Carrol needs to start next match, and hopefully with Martins upfront. Owen is offering nothing at the moment, should move him just behind these two. SHould go gung-ho style.

Thanks for the point but we need to win our homegames and hopefully take a point at White Hart Lane!

Guest justin99.

has owen done anything today?

He made the tea at half time. Makes a lovely cuppa.

how nice of him

Please dont play Ameobi, Butt, Edgar or Ryan Taylor again this season.

Pray Barton is back in and in some kind of match fit state very soon.

Lets also hope Guthrie isnt out for an extended period either.

Martins and Carrol to start up front next game and we are back to 4-4-2.

They get an undeserved draw at our place, we get an undeserved draw at theirs. Fair enough.

Alright Alan you've learned your lesson. No more 3-5-2 funny business, no more Shola. Guttierrez and Carroll to start every week.

Two points off safety still sounds a lot better than three. We can still do this.

A point is NOT bad at Stoke man, f***ing howay. Especially considering the circumstances. Could be exactly what we need to Spur us on.

Howay the lads.

I hope to god that today was last year's Birmingham. A lucky draw, now lets go get the results and stay in this fucking league!

if jonas and carroll had been on from the start we may well of got something today way a difference taking ameobi out the team does. Also kevin nolan was absolute S***!! i know they all were but he was an abomination i dnt care who plays inplace but nolan ameobi cannot start again

We all knew about this squad before a ball was kicked today.  The real question is what has Shearer learned? 

I fear Butt and Shola being automatic choices. 

He wont start shola now......look what he did to colo. Shearer learns atleast.

Clearly they werent ready to deal with oba being out....they've been planning for that all week.

Guest firetotheworks

A point is NOT bad at Stoke man, f***ing howay. Especially considering the circumstances. Could be exactly what we need to Spur us on.

Howay the lads.

Why have I just noticed you? Why do you always say exactly what Im about to say? Can you believe its not butter?

This truly could be our poor mans Birmingham equalising goal from last season. Come on!

Guest Heneage

My Dad summed it up pretty simply.

"Carroll tries, Shola doesn't."

I'd start Carroll for the remaining 6 games, if Stoke had trouble with him imagine what teams less proficient in the air will do.

Guest toonlass

Harper 6 - Meh

Edgar 8 - Good, composed game for him

Beye 7 - Alright, did well to get back to block that shot

Bassong 7 - Consistantly good

Raylor 6 - Nowt special but not as bad as some

Guthrie 7 - Hope he gets a full 90 next week

Butt 2 - Absolutely shocking

Nolan 5 - Nowt, absolutely nowt about him

Duff 6 - Did ok

Owen 6 - Ran and ran and ran, nice to see

Shola 2 - Should never pull on a black and white shirt again

Jonas 8 - Caused problems for stoke from when he came on, should have played the 90

Carroll 9 - He scores, he defends, he has to be the first name on the sheet for the spurs game.

Wanted 3 points before the game, a point will do for now.

Fortunate.

I don't think we were fortunate at all.  Decisions went against us but we put loads of pressure on them for the last 20 minutes and got a deserved goal.

Aye, that goal really was coming alright...