Stoke City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 28

JH

I missed the entire first 50 minutes of the match, so was there a reason Guthrie had to come off?

Probably just lacking match fitness

Surely he had to be fitter than the dinosaurs left in the middle of the park...

Guest justin99.

are there no players in the reserves worthy enough be given a chance?

if not why waste money even having a team

Guest neesy111

Owen to lead by example!!!! WFT???

If Shola and Owen start another game... :idiot2:

Owen is quality.

Shola is not.

Owen and Carroll is quality.

Owen and Shola is not.

Owen and Martins is not.

There.

I know you've got something against Oba but what has Owen done in let's say like last 15 games to convince you he should be starting? He's been pure shit. Top earner of the team and captain...maybe he should be performing just a bit better?

aye exactly

owen has scored once in his last 12 games now and offer's fuck all as a player to the team, would rather have xisco or alan smith playing

carroll is our best striker at the moment, 3 goals this year compared to 1 for martins and 1 for owen

Fortunate.

I don't think we were fortunate at all.  Decisions went against us but we put loads of pressure on them for the last 20 minutes and got a deserved goal.

Aye, that goal really was coming alright...

Was there goal coming?  We put pressure on them and scored a totally fair goal, more then they did.  They had more chances yes but we still deserved the draw, great header as well.

Guest Heneage

Shola has to be dropped as does Nolan, Bartons back for Pompey too.

As for Sir Les saying we didn't dominate, 62% possession Les.

Guest neesy111

I am may be going solo with this but I would rather Butt in the team than Nolan.

geremi is no where near as bad these 2 and at least he can hit a good ball or set-piece at times

Martins and Carroll would be a very impreesive partnership.

Both are mobile, both are strong, Andy has the extra height and Oba the extra pace. Can both physically impose themselves on the opposition.

I would love to see Martins have a chance to play alongside a decent target man for once.

Slot Owen in behind them or let him rot on the bench.

Both are mobile, both are strong, Andy has the extra height and Oba the extra pace. Can both physically impose themselves on the opposition.

I would love to see Martins have a chance to play alongside a decent target man for once.

The Owen/Martins debate is moot now that Martins has most likely played his last game for us.

I am may be going solo with this but I would rather Butt in the team than Nolan.

Nah, same. Nolan has been fucking atrocious.

There's a reason Butt keeps being mentioned; even when it's negative. It's because he's involved in the game.

I'm with you. Nolan slow and cant pass forward, his best attributes trying to jump, which even that he fails.

Faye and Bassong would have been an excellent partnership this year! He could have also done a great job in DM aswell.

One of the worst transfers I can remember. Granted we should have had strenth in depth, who would expect a "top class manager" to see that one was way past his prime, two were championship standard, one was dodgy as fuck and needed time to adapt to the premier league, then the one he didnt like would be the best player in our team this season.

The Owen/Martins debate is moot now that Martins has most likely played his last game for us.

Care to explain?

Owen to lead by example!!!! WFT???

If Shola and Owen start another game... :idiot2:

Owen is quality.

Shola is not.

Owen and Carroll is quality.

Owen and Shola is not.

Owen and Martins is not.

There.

I know you've got something against Oba but what has Owen done in let's say like last 15 games to convince you he should be starting? He's been pure shit. Top earner of the team and captain...maybe he should be performing just a bit better?

How many times do I have to say that Owen needs to be provided with chances, he's not fast enough anymore to make them himself. And that if given the chances, he scores. Which our other strikers don't.

And I don't have something against Oba especially, I just don't want shite playing for us. It's the same with Butt and Ameobi and so on.

I've been saying that for weeks mate, you're not alone. :)

I didn't think I'd ever see a premier league midfielder more immobile than Geremi/Butt, but Nolan's done it.

Guest firetotheworks

Harper 6 - Meh

Edgar 8 - Stepped up well

Beye 7 - Solid, dependable

Bassong 8 - As above but more composed

Raylor 6 - Awful deliveries, some bad passing, but he got in amongst it, and that counts for a lot at this stage.

Guthrie 7 - Neat and tidy, spread play as best he could. I'd like to see him get forward more though. Needs to start.

Butt 1 - He gets 1 for trying. Worst Ive ever seen him play, and thats saying a lot

Nolan 4 - Pretty shite, totally unnoticeable.

Duff 6 - His crosses were rubbish and one dimensional, Carrolls goal was almost all his own really.

Owen 6 - Worked hard, whenever he has the ball you see that he's a cut above, but too often he has it with his back to goal at the halfway line.

Shola 0 - Awful, absolutely woeful. Butt got 1 for effort, Shola didnt even seem to have that. How did he ever score against Barca? Wouldnt even have him in the squad, start Carroll with Ranger on the bench.

Jonas 8 - A breathe of fresh air in a midfield of dinosaurs. Took command, played some nice stuff with Beye. Fuck English Bulldog spirit, its Geordie spirit and Jonas spirit thats getting us anywhere near scoring atm. Has to start.

Carroll 9 - Did everything that Shola didn't, did everything that most of his team mates didn't. Awesome header, good defender, got amongst it. MOTM after only being on 20 mins imo. Has to start.

Wanted 3 points, expected to lose, I'll take a point and run like fuck.

Care to explain?

If he feigned injury to get out of the match, he should never wear the shirt again.

If he's actually injured, he'll take too long to get back to fitness to make an impact.